BMW Championship - FedEx Cup Round 3 [Spoilers]

I know, I saw that. I mean cmon, style guy, give us a curve ball just once.

I'm starting to question his design abilities......phil playing as I predicted just waiting for the blow up now

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

We all can't be haters.

Since the man clearly has plenty of lovers, there is surely enough disdain allowed to go around as well. I mean he gets standing ovations walking into Perkins...hehe

pretty awesome that no one wants to win this tournament!

You guys are actually watching this?

i am. i'm not too attached to the packers or the eagles so i don't really care.

Kuch just knocked it stiff for a birdie on #17!

"in honor of DJ winning the BMW, TM has decided to sell his hat"

prolly not though.

Great win by Dustin Johnson, he just might mess around and win the whole FedEx Cup!!!

Just got back from four days of watching in person. Unique perspective this year. I got to play the Celebrity AM on Monday at Cog Hill on Dubs Dread. Pretty cool playing inside the ropes in front of a paying gallery. I made 3 long birdie putts and it was cool for this Hacker to get applause. Tip of the cap and a wave.

The course was in OK condition considering the weather we had here this year. #9 is 615 and it's daunting. Got there in 3 and lucky one putted for one of the birds.

The greens have sucked all year, so I hear. This was the first time I ever played Dubs but I live a few miles away and hear the complaining. Nobody really looked comfortable out there. Lot's of complaining by players on the course about conditions. Even the sand traps were of varying condition. Some real fluffy, some hard with a lot of pebbles in them. I can testify for 7 or 8 sand traps personally! Surprised the PGA allowed some of the crappy conditions.

We walked the Celebrity AM and had an Evans Scholar caddy on every bag. As a former caddy it was my honor to walk 18 holes with four Evans Scholarship award winners. To get the Evans, a caddy must be a top tier caddy at his/her club, top High School scholar and come from a home with true financial need. Seeing over 120 Evans Scholars in the caddy bullpen was inspiring.

The BMW used to the Western Open and the WGA, Western Golf Association, is still very involved in the BMW. PGA golfers do more for charity than all the other sports combined. This fact was constantly on my mind throughout the BMW. Yes, we followed Tiger, Phil, VJ, Ricky, Dustin, et all. It was overall great weather, great golf and a lot of money to a great charity.

Congrats DJ , a very deserving win !!!

DJ is the man...all the haters can be quiet now.

Do Tiger and Fowler get to move on?

Kevin

Do Tiger and Fowler get to move on?

Kevin

Nope, both are out. Fowler barely missed (like 32nd) and Tiger needed to get top 5 I believe. He finished like 40ish.

Nope, both are out. Fowler barely missed (like 32nd) and Tiger needed to get top 5 I believe. He finished like 40ish.

Gracias. Too lazy to look it up.

Kevin

40 ish heh....he finished T15.

Today he was 15th, which is about right for a golfer with his skills. 40ish in the FedEx standings. Thus, he's done.

Kevin

Happy to see Dustin getting this. He's been through his ups and downs this season. Although it may just compound his confidence for the RC!

Happy to see Dustin getting this. He's been through his ups and downs this season. Although it may just compound his confidence for the RC!
What impressed me most about his win is the fact that despite all he's been through this season he won a tournament with a very deep field. IMHO a lot of players would have been thrown for a loop but DJ wasn't. He has incredible mental toughness.

All the players on tour are great ball strikers, have great short games, can putt, etc. What separates the great players from the good players is the mental game. DJ has that.

What impressed me most about his win is the fact that despite all he's been through this season he won a tournament with a very deep field. IMHO a lot of players would have been thrown for a loop but DJ wasn't. He has incredible mental toughness.

All the players on tour are great ball strikers, have great short games, can putt, etc. What separates the great players from the good players is the mental game. DJ has that.

Got to agree with you there. After all his trials this season, he could have went either way. Looks like they may have just strengthened his mental resolve and made him a better player for it.

Back