BOA (type) shoe wearers

npd1125

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m considering getting new shoes with the BOA system. I was curious if anyone has had any problems with them, mainly either the thin cable thing breaking or the little twist dial thing. Also, if either does break, is it possible to replace the broken item or would the shoes be shot? TIA

I’m considering getting new shoes with the BOA system. I was curious if anyone has had any problems with them, mainly either the thin cable thing breaking or the little twist dial thing. Also, if either does break, is it possible to replace the broken item or would the shoes be shot? TIA

I love boa and have used FJ, adidas and cobra and have had zero issues. I prefer cobra and adidas as I like the disc on the tongue of the shoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues with my Adidas boa.

My cycling shoes are BOA and have had no issues with them. I believe they can be repaired if the mechanism breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got my 2nd pair of BOA shoes last season, and compared to my first from...perhaps 5ish years ago? - These are much better. No slippage, no issues with the locking knob. I'd expect any problems would be covered by warranty if they did occur.

I primarily wear adidas shoes and love their boa system. No issues with mine

2 pairs and 4 years of FJ with the boa system and never had any issues.

the cables are steel, and the whole system has a lifetime warranty from BOA themselves

Iv always avoided them, I remember them in trainers a good 15 years ago and the mechanism would always go I think they were adidas can't quite remember, I'm actually looking for a new pair this year, I'll consider these type

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I've converted to Boa, the Puma ones in particular because of their location on the shoe. I'm not sure I can go back to spikes without them.

3 pairs of Boa’s and never had an issue with any of them. I rotate them and normal lace up style depending on the gear but love the feel of them, easy to cinch up if need be and super easy to keep clean.

I've converted to Boa, the Puma ones in particular because of their location on the shoe. I'm not sure I can go back to spikes without them.

I’m the same way. I love the puma set up

I've had a pair of FootJoy's with BOA for about three years and have been really pleased with them. Just as of late, one of the dials will disengage (which causes the shoe to loosen) periodically. I need new shoes anyway, so I'm not pursuing a warranty claim, but if they were available in the shoe/size I was looking at, I'd go BOA again.

I've had Puma disc, FJ BOA on golf shoes, even Puma disc on running shoes and dress boots and haven't had any issues at all.

Thanks for all the replies and info. I think I’ll give the BOA shoes a try.

All of my cycling shoes and golf shoes are BOA.

Shoe laces are for the birds.

Always wanted to go BOA too, thanks for starting this to get some insight

My current golf shoes don’t have the BOA lacing system, but I miss the system and loved them when I had them.

I think I've had at lesser 4 or 5 pairs of FJ BOA shoes over about 8 years and never had an issue. My favorite style but they are hard to find in a wide width, that is only restriction.

I broke the BOA on my cycling shoes and fixed them myself. Cost me $9 and was easy.

500-1.jpg

Just purchased FJ BOA shoes and love them! So comfortable! Also wear BOA cycling shoes, so I'm just used to it. They are extremely easy and you never have to worry about your shoes becoming untied on the course.

Back