Anyone into Scotland Yard? I've been considering buying it lately, it sounds sweet.

Never heard of. What is it about?

Tappin' for world peace!

For all the Monopoly lovers try Ticket To Ride. Ticket to Ride is a simple game that requires much more strategy than Monopoly.

Axis and Allies and Shogun are great for Risk lovers. Once you get the rules down and understand the game mechanics you'll be hooked.

edit: Scotland Yard was fun as I recall. Been forever and a day since I played. As I recall 1 player is the crook and the rest of the players cooperatively try to catch him.

We love board games. Our top few games: Ticket to Ride, Settlers, Yatzee Free For All, and Cribagge.

Obsessed with board games! Have a whole cupboard full of them, usually by one or two new ones a year! Personal favorites would have to be (in no particular order); Risk, Cranium, Cribbage, Euchre, Chess, Monopoly, Who? What? Where? and many many others, too many to post on here, but I will mention Journey through Europe which is a lot of fun as well!

My friends and I try and get together at least once a month for a big game of Risk. Usually we play on the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition board. If I start getting hammered, I always fall back on my strategy of take over Mordor then build up a big defense. After all, one does not simply walk into Mordor.

On the note of Risk, anyone ever watched the show Undergrads and loved the Risk episode?

My son and his buddies play some games on the weekend from time to time that they admit are somewhat nerdish. D&D and Magic the Somethingorother among them. He has fun, they have fun, no drinking, smoking or girls involved so I have fun because they are all too young for that but that is what they might all be doing otherwise.

While not a board game I am enjoying Dominion tremendously. From a purist gaming perspective nothing comes close.

I play a mean game of Scrabble. I also like balderdash and scattergories.

I love Risk, Monopoly, Life.

Risk, Monopoly, Yahtzee, and Boggle are classics I have and always will play. My favourites growing up were Rebound, Siege, and Fireball Island.

Played a lot of Risk when I was a teen and in college.

Lately, been playing Backgammon. I've got my 7yr old hooked on it, via the smartphone version.

My girlfriends brother in law got the latest version of Risk last weekend. The new objectives and rules are a lot more fun than the orig world domination style of play. Has anyone played the new one?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Risk is awesome. Operation is pretty cool too.

I'm a Monopoly guy myself. Haven't lost a game in a while.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Im a huge Monopoly guy, but when you win all of the time, its tough to get people to play with you.

Im also a huge fan of chinese checkers, and trouble. Trouble I dont enjoy at all really, but my girlfriend always wins and Im stubborn.

I am ALWAYS down for a game or two on pogo.com!

Monopoly, Risk, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Scattergories, and not really a board game but LCR (Left Center Right) is cool too.

About the only game I like is Scrabble. My wife & family refuse to play me though.
We'll hit up the simple stuff like Sorry & the like from time to time though.

picked up a few games the last couple of weeks.

Solar Circuit Racing is a good game though the production quality isn't great.
Get Bit! Fun quick game. Simple.
Dungeon. A classic.
Road Kill Rally. Haven't played yet but should be fun. Think Deathrace 2000

Played Spartacus a couple of weeks ago. Good game especially for being based on the TV Show.

I like board games, but anything having to do with luck isn't really my thing anymore. Almost all that I can think of have to do with rolling dice which takes some skill out of the game.

Diplomacy is my game right now. Anyone else play?

THPing on Tapatalk

Anyone out there play chess. I am a beginner, just starting out. I have read up on the basics and play online, but would like to play against someone I know so I can ask questions. If anyone is interested in starting an online game let me know, would love any help I can get.

I'm a big gamer too. I have a bunch of European style games (Ticket to Ride; Seven Wonders; Pastiche; Belfort; Village; Suburbia; Railways of the World; Tzolk'in-the Mayan Calendar; and Pandemic are some of my favorites). I'm not big on dice either JF, and none of these have any dice at all, though some have cards or tiles you draw to add some element of luck.
That and collecting music CDs (mostly sixties style folk, but also some classical, celtic, country, easy listening, etc.) are my main pursuits.

Not a board game per say. But I play X-Wing TMG

Back