I played a ton of Backgammon and Acey-Deucey in the Navy. My favorite, right behind Cribbage

Best board ever.....axis and allies.

I got into Settlers of Catan last year.
I learned to play that years ago on the Czech version of it that a lady I used to work with bought while living in Prague. I always assumed it was a Czech game, but later found out it was actually German, but was cool nonetheless.

We play a lot of Mahjong weekly. We have about 20-26 people over with 6 tables going. As a family we play Ticket to Ride or Clue on Sundays.

I need to find some new ones for me and the kids to play, we love playing games!

I need to find some new ones for me and the kids to play, we love playing games!
I think you and the kids would love King of Tokyo and King of New York. Monsters destroying cities ... what's not to like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good bump!

Me and my siblings get together every 2 weeks and play board games all night. Not like monopoly or anything but ones much more complicated, and simpler, but it's always a good time.

We play anything from deck builders (dominion, legendary, etc) to worker placement (Agricola, Terra Mystica) to civilization (smallworld) and everything in between.

There's so many to list but we love board games. Check out Boardtildeath on Facebook or Instagram. My brother just started it but if you have any questions or want some recommendations you can ask him or I could help to.

I think you and the kids would love King of Tokyo and King of New York. Monsters destroying cities ... what's not to like?

I'll have to check that out!

Just ordered Catan off of Amazon. Went to dinner at a friends place last week and we played Catan. Pretty cool game. Looking forward to when my kid's are old enough to play ... and then I can eventually break out the RISK, Civilization, and Diplomacy (if I'm still alive).

Just ordered Catan off of Amazon. Went to dinner at a friends place last week and we played Catan. Pretty cool game. Looking forward to when my kid's are old enough to play ... and then I can eventually break out the RISK, Civilization, and Diplomacy (if I'm still alive).

you ever play Risk Legacy? it takes Risk, mixes in Diplomacy and Axis & Allies, adds fun and rolls. Amazing game

I'm a huge Ticket to Ride fan. The original and the expansion sets we play a lot of it along with all the classics. Clue is my next favorite. I have a Restrotion Hardware board that's awesome.

Risk, Monopoly, Clue, Sorry.... all great board games from my youth.

Another one was Kimbo, the game of fences from Parker Brothers. I loved that game.

But my favorites were the American Heritage games - Broadside, Battlecry, Dogfight. We played an awful lot of the first 2 of those.

Best board ever.....axis and allies.

The problem was you had to start setting it up at 2 in the afternoon if you wanted to actually finish.

My family likes to play Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, and then we have a simple card game called Guillotine that's fun to play, quick and easy.

My buddies used to enjoy Axis and Allies and a game called Citadels.

Board Gamers

The problem was you had to start setting it up at 2 in the afternoon if you wanted to actually finish.

Lol we used to have 3 day epic battles. I think one time we played 26 straight hours. If I remember right, I battled out of massive hole. Them dice got hot, real hot. I’d love to find an online version.

Lol we used to have 3 day epic battles. I think one time we played 26 straight hours. If I remember right, I battled out of massive hole. Them dice got hot, real hot. I’d love to find an online version.

We put a "turn timer" on for each other's turns to keep the game moving. Basically you were only allowed 120 seconds total of inactivity during your turn.
It still required a solid 12 hours minimum unless someone got extremely lucky with the die.

Fortress America was a lot quicker, but a similar play style.

I hate Tapatalk

I have a client that produces one of these online games. I’m in leases for a 500,000 square foot warehouse with 32’ clear height ceilings where they are going to produce a next gen virtual reality gaming world. Honestly I could care less, I’m sure basement dwellers will love it, but I will say the fee is pretty darn good

Got two kids 9 & 12 (well, 8 & 11 when we started) but we enjoy Settlers of Catan, Forbidden Desert and Pandemic. Kids enjoy Clue as well.

Once they get a bit older, I'd love to get codenames. Played that with friends and it's a lot of fun.

Back