Since Christmas, my family has been obsessed with Ticket to Ride.

We played a lot of Monopoly while growing up. That, and Chess. Still play them on occassions.

Now I have a friend who loved the game "Risk" so much, that he built his own version of it, on a 6'X6' quare foot board. He put in some of his own rule changes that include both naval, and air warfare. Even made his own game pieces for up to 8 players.

Train Dominoes count as a board game? If so that’s my favorite.

My youngest, he likes trouble, aggravation, life and monopoly a lot. Oldest she prefers more card games like exploding kittens or Egyptian ratscrew. Spoons is also an adventurous card game in our house at times.

Another classic family game here, though not a board game, is 5000 - a dice game. Sooooo many good memories playing that

Scrabble and Balderdash are two of my favorites. I love Monopoly as well, but it usually ends with someone on the phone with a divorce attorney.

Cluedo.

scrabble
risk
chess

More of a tabletop game than a board game, but I got big into Subbuteo a couple years ago. Basically flick soccer, but I built a whole pitch for it.

BA31E7E2-3FDF-456B-BCD4-E2802142EDA6.jpeg

I was going to say any number of war games by Avalon Hill such as Gettysburg, Bismarck, D-Day, Afrika Corps. etc., but it was difficult find someone with the same passion for those types of games so I think my all-time favorite has to be APBA Baseball as I was able to play that by myself.

I always enjoyed Monopoly and Life growing up. Monopoly is just one of those games that can take a long time to play though so you really need everyone to commit the time before you start.

I love Settlers Of Catan. Anyone that likes Monopoly bet never has time for it should learn Catan. It's a resource based game, but it's first to 10 points so instead of building a huge dynasty that takes forever to bankrupt everyone the game is basically over about the time you would start building a house in Monopoly. I play it all the time on my phone.

Ticket To Ride is also awesome. Any age group can play it.

I liked Monopoly for a quick minute...unfortunately after you are playing for 30-40 mins it gets a little slow.

We play Boggle, Scrabble and Monopoly. My family destroys me in Boggle, but I am the household champ in the others. We usually play Boggle as a result...

We got our kids Guess Who for Christmas, and they are obsessed with it. Fun to play with them.

4 y/o is learning chess pretty cool to watch

settlers of catan is a ton of fun.

This one is for @Canadan . Playing this with my 2 kids today. Ever played this version?
IMG_20201231_144055.jpg

It was me and my brother growing up... our parents didn't play too many board games with us. We had monopoly and life... and risk but could never figure that one out.

Monopoly
Life
Uno
Canasta - with 6 decks
Spades
Euchre
Midnight baseball
Texas Holdem
Mexican Train dominoes
Pass the Pigs.

Only a couple of board games in that list. The rest aren't.

Does Hungry Hungry Hippos count?

No?
Othello is one I haven’t seen mentioned yet.
I was always a fan of this:
AxisAndAlliesBox.jpg

Chess. Thought i was good until i played someone really good lol. Found out what good was.

Risk. Loved that game. Outside of a few college buddies, never could get anyone interested in playing it though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back