Boccieri Golf Heavy Irons Preview

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
These beauties just arrived at the NE Offices of THP. Don't let the name fool you, these are anything but heavy and I'm anxious to give them a whirl. I'm intrigued by the 'bigger' and 'heavier' shafts in these but the club head profile is as sleek and no-nonsense as you'll find.

89da079a.jpg

57d28694.jpg

5c9c4852.jpg

2d9abdd9.jpg

Nice, looking forward to your thoughts on them, seems like allot of people liked them at the outing

I liked those alot. I can't wait to hear how the testing goes. Hope your back is better.

Saaawwweeeeettt! These things were just good when I hit them at the outing. Like really really good.

wow those are nice looking. Cant wait for review....

Ah, the most talked about irons of the outing. Glad they made it to casa de hanks.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Boccieri just seems to turn me off. I have rolled some of their putters and swung the driver, but IDK. I would just say it's not for me, but it very well could be for others out there. They do look kinda cool.....

I wont lie, I think theyre ugly as a @upstateOEMsbiotch shank with his shovels but they sure did perform. I think I could get past the looks very quickly.

They sell the grips on their website. Are they weighted? Or are they just normal and say heavy on them?

Pretty popular irons from the outing. Glad they made it to the NE office ok. Can't wait to hear more.

I wont lie, I think theyre ugly as a @upstateOEMsbiotch shank with his shovels but they sure did perform. I think I could get past the looks very quickly.

LOL. :D

Very interested to hear your thoughts, Hanks. A couple things that are interesting to me are 1) the more traditional lofts and shaft length and how that affects distance 2) if you see more control over your shots.

Posted via Tapatalk

Looking forward to your thoughts on these Hanks. Really impressed and surprised by the entire line. I heard more about these irons from other attendees at the Outing than anything else.

Enjoy the testing!

same here man....at first glance these look like they could be a perfect mix of control and distance so I'm hoping that it is the case

Very interested to hear your thoughts, Hanks. A couple things that are interesting to me are 1) the more traditional lofts and shaft length and how that affects distance 2) if you see more control over your shots.

Posted via Tapatalk

Looking forward to the review after hearing all the good comments coming out of the outing. But as OEM eluded to, they leave ALOT to be desired in the looks department.

Looking forward to your review on these. I struggled hitting these at the outing for some reason. Just couldn't get used to the weight of it.

Looking forward to the review as well. I like the simple look to these. As one that will be doing a Heavy driver review, I'm really interested in the brand.

Looks like they are built for farm work! Bet they hit great and like everyone else I am looking forward to your review.

I am looking forward to the review, but I can't help but think that the words Heavy Iron on the sole will turn away some folks.

Another potential for irons down the road.. Can't wait to hear what you think Hanks. This is gonna be a lot of fun I believe for you.

Looks like they are built for farm work! Bet they hit great and like everyone else I am looking forward to your review.

I've always been one that likes simple working class style when it comes to clubs. Fancy names, fancy graphics and bright colors do nothing to help get the ball in the hole or to make you a better player.

I think these guys have done a great job in designing a very simple iron that could work very well for many players. I would love to give these a go myself.

You would love these. Completely different than the driver though.
I've always been one that likes simple working class style when it comes to clubs. Fancy names, fancy graphics and bright colors do nothing to help get the ball in the hole or to make you a better player.

I think these guys have done a great job in designing a very simple iron that could work very well for many players. I would love to give these a go myself.

I personally loved these irons, and I want to see how the weighted grip would work in my current irons.

You would love these. Completely different than the driver though.

I personally loved these irons, and I want to see how the weighted grip would work in my current irons.

I'm really looking forward to the driver review. I've been reading all the info on the backweighting science and there could be something to it. I know we will find out.

I have experimented a little over the years with weight(s) in and under the grip on some clubs and putters, but never went far enough with it to know if it really helped or not. Lucky for us, Mr. Boccieri has worked it out for us. I've messed around a bit with their putters in the past, but just thought they were way too heavy for me having used a light (by todays standards) 320/330 gram head for so long.

When we have our call with Mr. Boccieri, I will let him know I would be interested in trying the irons at some point in time, if there is a dealer close by.

I agree with this a lot RW.....I think the naming convention works well for the putter but I think someone in their marketing dept needs to drop the 'heavy' from the irons and even the driver. The 'heavy' will immediately turn off some before hitting them and those that do may still find themselves thinking of that term no matter how well they hit them.

I am looking forward to the review, but I can't help but think that the words Heavy Iron on the sole will turn away some folks.

I am interested in your review as I believe that backweighting works. Do you know how the weight is inserted into the club? Is it permanently bonded to the shaft or grip? If you reshaft/regrip, is the backweighting interchangeable to the new shaft/grip?

Back