Boccieri Golf Heavy Irons Preview

I agree with this a lot RW.....I think the naming convention works well for the putter but I think someone in their marketing dept needs to drop the 'heavy' from the irons and even the driver. The 'heavy' will immediately turn off some before hitting them and those that do may still find themselves thinking of that term no matter how well they hit them.

Hanks, I think you are right. I know having demo'ed the Heavy Putter, that I came away thinking it was just too heavy for me, and I would have thought the same about the clubs if it were not for JB and THP. Great point!

These irons were blowing people away at the THP Demo Day, I can't wait to read your feedback on them Hanks!

I wont lie, I think theyre ugly as a @upstateOEMsbiotch shank with his shovels but they sure did perform. I think I could get past the looks very quickly.

:rofl: You wouldn't have even hit these if it wasn't for me and you walked away impressed. Though I bet you that toe shot mark on the club pictured in the OP is from me. I can't wait for The Morgan Cup to knock you down a peg or two!

Boccieri just seems to turn me off. I have rolled some of their putters and swung the driver, but IDK. I would just say it's not for me, but it very well could be for others out there. They do look kinda cool.....

I had the same feeling going in to the demo day, but believe me their entire line is good. They opened a lot of people's eyes down in FL.

Looking forward to your review on these. I struggled hitting these at the outing for some reason. Just couldn't get used to the weight of it.

or maybe it was because of the 1,000 swings you had already taken before you got to these

Thanks for the link, but I don't see the specifics of how the backweight is inserted into the shaft and if it is resuable should one reshaft. I will give them a call.

Calling them would be best, but it is my understanding the the weight can be re-used, but I must admit, that I'm not 100% on that.

Calling them would be best, but it is my understanding the the weight can be re-used, but I must admit, that I'm not 100% on that.

I just spoke with them. The backweights are epoxied into the shaft and have "teeth' to help hold them in place. They explained it will not be easy to remove them, but it can be done and once removed, they are reusable into the new shafts.

I just spoke with them. The backweights are epoxied into the shaft and have "teeth' to help hold them in place. They explained it will not be easy to remove them, but it can be done and once removed, they are reusable into the new shafts.

OK. I thought I had read where they could be reused.

To be honest, they aren't very appealing to my eye. But... the raving about them from the outing has me interested.

Looking forward to your thoguhts on these Hanks. I had one in hand at the outing and then we ran out of balls and I just didn't get a chance to hit it afterwards. Heard great things though.

Hanks I am glad to see that you are going to be able to test these irons. These were my favorite at the demo day. tomahawk you are right that they are not very pretty, but they work so well.

No idea how I missed this, but looking forward to your thoughts on these.

They look really nice. Excited to hear what you think of them. Definitely not a brand that I know much about.

<activate Robert DeNiro voice> I hear tings too <deactivate Robert Deniro voice>

Looking forward to your thoguhts on these Hanks. I had one in hand at the outing and then we ran out of balls and I just didn't get a chance to hit it afterwards. Heard great things though.

Me too Doc.....I'm excited to see how the weighting works with my swing. I found a heavier shaft was better for my swing with the TM MB's so I'm hoping the same holds true with these

Hanks I am glad to see that you are going to be able to test these irons. These were my favorite at the demo day. tomahawk you are right that they are not very pretty, but they work so well.

So... umm Hanks, when are we playing again? :angel:

In all seriousness, I would like to see how these perform longer term. I think i'm so used to a heavier swing weight, that when I tried them at the outing, I just could not get used to the feel.

I was really impressed by these irons at the THP demo day so I'm excited to hear your long term testing thoughts and results.

Took the Heavy Irons for a quick 9 hole introductory round without hitting them at the range first and the initial impression is that they are a GOOD. I really liked the general feeling of a heavier club in my hand and could feel the whole club throughout my swing. The club at impact feels like it has a nice mix of a players iron combined with a GI iron which I thought was pretty cool. I think the clubs are 'true' to their distance compared to what I usually get out of my irons (example is I generally get about 150 from my 8 iron in another set and that's what I was getting from the Heavy iron if not a bit more. I think that's from the additional weight flowing through the shot which helps give you a little more 'oomph' to your shot. The topline isn't too narrow or wide and really looks like it fits with the overall club design. General ball flight was mid-high and looked almost the same no matter what club you used too.

I can't wait to spend some time with them on the range and get a better feel for them before taking them out again but these are good irons with a lot of potential!

Pretty sweet looking bro. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

Took the Heavy Irons for a quick 9 hole introductory round without hitting them at the range first and the initial impression is that they are a GOOD. I really liked the general feeling of a heavier club in my hand and could feel the whole club throughout my swing. The club at impact feels like it has a nice mix of a players iron combined with a GI iron which I thought was pretty cool. I think the clubs are 'true' to their distance compared to what I usually get out of my irons (example is I generally get about 150 from my 8 iron in another set and that's what I was getting from the Heavy iron if not a bit more. I think that's from the additional weight flowing through the shot which helps give you a little more 'oomph' to your shot. The topline isn't too narrow or wide and really looks like it fits with the overall club design. General ball flight was mid-high and looked almost the same no matter what club you used too.

I can't wait to spend some time with them on the range and get a better feel for them before taking them out again but these are good irons with a lot of potential!

good stuff hanks, to the bolded shouldnt that be like 02mph or something not oomph hehe

I can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on these Hanks! I really like the looks and technology of them.

Looking forward to reading some more about these. I skimmed through and was wondering what irons these could be compared to (or can they b/c of their unique weighting)? What player would you say these are geared towards?

Also, if anyone is interested in purchasing, we can get them from Boccieri (any of the Boccieri stuff), even if the clubs are not up on the site. If we don't have them in stock, we'll order them with no extra charge (just maybe a slight shipping delay). Just PM me for a discount.

Someone on THP suggested that I try them when I was looking for new irons. I couldnt find anyone localy that stocked them. Look forward to the results.

sorry for the delayed repsonse Patty....honestly I'm not sure which irons I'd compare these to. Perhaps the Wilson ProStaf Fat Shaft irons? And that's only because of the shaft itself, still not sure performance-wise as I'm still getting used to them. I could see these helping a player who is looking to either smooth or slow their tempo down

Looking forward to reading some more about these. I skimmed through and was wondering what irons these could be compared to (or can they b/c of their unique weighting)? What player would you say these are geared towards?

Also, if anyone is interested in purchasing, we can get them from Boccieri (any of the Boccieri stuff), even if the clubs are not up on the site. If we don't have them in stock, we'll order them with no extra charge (just maybe a slight shipping delay). Just PM me for a discount.

The weighting is fascinating. Can you tell that they are a 1/4" shorter per club, as the Boccieri site lists them? Also, I can't imagine how they could be re shafted -- might that just throw all the weighting off if the teeth aren't installed correctly (note I know nothing about reshafting so maybe I'm way off)?

Very much looking forward to this review. I was loving these at the demo day, me and the 7 iron could've spent all afternoon together hammering balls...sadly I had to share it.

--
tapatalk

Back