BombTech wedge thoughts

19thHoleDuffer

Reaction score
Hey guys, my brother-in-law is thinking about ordering Bombtech wedges. Does anyone have experience with them? Thoughts for or against? He's newer to golf and I'd like to steer him away if necessary.

Thanks!

Hey guys, my brother-in-law is thinking about ordering Bombtech wedges. Does anyone have experience with them? Thoughts for or against? He's newer to golf and I'd like to steer him away if necessary.

Thanks!
I’ve never used them but they look fine for a new golfer 🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s not a premium brand so my only thoughts would be why not pick up some second hand wedges from a premium/‘proven’ brand instead, especially if price is a factor.

If he's looking for a set of wedges that is cheap, the Costco wedges are a good option. The thread has some good opinions and some naysayers in there. They seem to review well and I actually just posted in there that I have a friend who recently purchased them and swears by them.

But either way, good luck finding him some clubs! Always fun to get family in to the sport!

One of the guys in my regular group started out with the driver. Sure, it puts the ball in the fairway, but it was like a driver that's about 10 year old technology.

He then bought the irons, and they were pretty much the same. A functional club, but nothing special. No fancy materials, technology, etc.

As others have pointed out, given the choice I would start with some name-brand second-hand stuff. Or some new stuff from some of the awesome lower-cost companies out there (like Tour Edge or Ben Hogan for example)

I had a close look at one last year when I found it on the course. It looked fine but definitely wasn’t premium.

If I were offered a choice, I’d find something on sale from previous years if price were the determining factor. I mean, it’s a golf club and you can still swing it but I’d rather pay for what I perceive as better quality.

if i was looking for a more beginner, value wedge i would go with kirkland

Thanks guys, I appreciate your insight. He ended up ordering them so I guess I'll check them out when they arrive. For the same price he paid I got a set of Vokey SM6's, I tried to get him to go that route but he thought new would be better. I guess we'll see!

if i was looking for a more beginner, value wedge i would go with kirkland

100% agree, Bombtechs will not compare to SM8s but the Kirklands do (designed by real club designers with Kirkland's logo on it). Bombtech products are cheap and don't compare favorably to any large manufacturer. They are just trying to get customers with lofty marketing claims via FB/IG marketing while being stupidly cheap. Kirkland at least has a good history of bringing products that aren't the absolute best but perform extremely well for the money (think about their ball, KS-1 putter and now the wedges).

Back