Bones Back on the Bag (for JT this time)

links_slayer

Reaction score
Handicap
Seeing some tweets saying JT's regular caddie is still having some dizzy spells so Bones is going to loop for him this week in Memphis and next week at Harding Park.

Hadn't heard that. Always cool to see Bones on a bag.

This is going to be great.

Always like seeing Bones out there, I'm amazed he's not back on someone's bag full time yet. JT's got himself one of the best in the business, hope it pays off for him.

This is the kind of fill in loop I expected from Bones on a new and upcoming favorite's bag

I wonder how much Bones made. I am sure he was rewarded with at least an extra 5 grand.....probably a whole lot more.

Serious question - if JT wins, could he become a permanent fixture? He was obviously having tons of success previously, but it would be pretty wild.

I wonder how much Bones made. I am sure he was rewarded with at least an extra 5 grand.....probably a whole lot more.
Isn't the standard cut 8-10% for caddies?

My guess is that JT is paying Bones the traditional 10% for a win, so I am thinking $180,000 of Justin's $1.8 million first place check will go to Bones.

Just hope Bones doesn't injure himself on these trips... Carried the bag a lot.

Just hope Bones doesn't injure himself on these trips... Carried the bag a lot.
He's been doing it for a long time, and he wasn't retired for that long, was he?

I was kind of amazed that another pro didn't snap him up as soon as he and Lefty split. But on the other hand, Bones could afford to be selective about who he loops for and I'm sure his TV contract was lucrative enough to make it worth his while.

He's been doing it for a long time, and he wasn't retired for that long, was he?

I was kind of amazed that another pro didn't snap him up as soon as he and Lefty split. But on the other hand, Bones could afford to be selective about who he loops for and I'm sure his TV contract was lucrative enough to make it worth his while.
Not sure if he wanted to get on the bag. Might have been like an urban Meyer thing... You can throw all the offers but I'm available when I want to be for who I want to be. Otherwise I'm in the booth. Probably didn't want to grind every tournament.

Mackay had both knees replaced in October 2016.hmmm:unsure:

Bones walks with a limp now and it seems like carrying a bag is painful for him My guess is that Mickelson was uncomfortable watching this and that is why Bones no longer caddies for him. A week or three as a substitute caddie is probably o.k but I don't think Bones is physically able to work as a full time Tour caddie anymore.

Back