Bones Back on Tour

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently working as an on-course reporter for NBC and Golf Channel, the former Mickelson caddie will be on the bag this week for Matthew Fitzpatrick.

"I was shocked, honestly. I was absolutely shocked," Fitzpatrick said. "I think [Workday CEO] Aneel [Bhusri] sort of helped out with that, as well, and then obviously Bones got in touch. He sort of texted me, and we took it from there really."

"Having seen Matt play for several years now, getting paired with him when I was still with Phil, I knew two things: that he was a really good player and a really good guy," Mackay said. "When I heard through the grapevine that some of the European caddies weren't coming over because of the quarantine issues, and I heard Billy in particular wasn't coming with Matt, I thought, my goodness, I'm going to reach out to this guy because I love to caddie, I still consider myself a caddie to this day who's just doing TV. And I said, 'Hey, if I can help out at all, I'd love to do it.'"

Very cool. Bones has always been extremely likable.

Nice.

I wonder if they will make this a storyline for the tournament

It is hilarious that Fitz was shocked. Bones must have all the respect in the world from these guys. I wonder if this changes betting odds Fitz has a stud caddie carrying the bag.

Bones is great for golf on the course and in the booth. Good on him.

I wonder if he will be wearing a headset & mic while carrying Fitz's bag :p

Cool. Fitzpatrick I think is a strong up and comer.. He would be a great pick this week as a sleeper.

Bones is a class act. One of those guys that just loves the game, respects/recognizes the talent, and enjoys sharing that with anyone who will listen.

Seems like a good move since his caddie is still across the pond.

This is cool. I think Bones is great on the broadcast but stepping up to help a guy is awesome

I still don't know why this is happening?
Bones is great and Fitz is an upcoming star, but why is Bones going to be on his bag?

I still don't know why this is happening?
Bones is great and Fitz is an upcoming star, but why is Bones going to be on his bag?

It kind of says that in the first post haha. :ROFLMAO:

It kind of says that in the first post haha. :ROFLMAO:

Whoa...so he's going to be the on-course reporter and bag for Fitz? .......CRAZY !

And thanks for clearing that up (y)

Bones was great on the bag for Phil and I think he'll work with Fitzpatrick. Glad to see him caddying again!

I guess he hasn't had much to do lately since NBC hasn't done much golf coverage. With these being on CBS he's got the free time. Has he been doing the golf channel coverage for events where NBC isn't doing the weekends?

Whoa...so he's going to be the on-course reporter and bag for Fitz? .......CRAZY !

And thanks for clearing that up (y)

I don't think he's gonna do both. At least, I didn't read that anywhere.

Definitely, a feel good story. I think I would stay in the booth, but I am lazy.

Great, I hope they will do well working together.

Great to see Bones back on someone's bag.

Fitz is a lucky man, I think anybody would be happy to have Bones and his years of experience and wisdom on the bag!

I like Bones in booth a lot. You can’t get much better insight than what he’s dishing out. Will be pulling for these guys this weekend.

I wonder if they will make this a storyline for the tournament

Of course they will! Former course commentator picks up the bag again! how could they resist!?

I like Bones in booth a lot. You can’t get much better insight than what he’s dishing out. Will be pulling for these guys this weekend.

Uhhhhh! Bones was NEVER in a booth! He was always on course following a pair or trio of golfers. No grand expanses from him, just reportage on the people he was following. And that's fine. He was doing his job!

Of course they will! Former course commentator picks up the bag again! how could they resist!?

Uhhhhh! Bones was NEVER in a booth! He was always on course following a pair or trio of golfers. No grand expanses from him, just reportage on the people he was following. And that's fine. He was doing his job!
If he’s on the course or in the booth, he’s still inside my tv. I am but a simple man!

I am glad to see Bones back on the bag.

Back