Bonfires: Yay or Nay?

There is only one defined day .....

Bonfire night is but one day a year , guy fawkes night , ( yes he of the gun powder plot to celebrate the failure of the plan) perennially November 5.

now as a young kid was a week or two of gathering wood and building a cubby house inside the occasional okay ,,,regular firework fights lol yep we did that. Then lighting the bonfire that eve and spuds in aluminium foil thrown in bottom for next day . Had some great bonfires on the block next door to my parents.

Also when we were more intellectual and commonsense prevailed we had local councils or community associations having them gathering many to celebrate and yes there was fire truck near by just in case. But the occasions were awesome and without incident .

Here's our fire pit :LOL:A9EB0EBC-54E6-42C1-8930-ECF1D3BD4DC0.jpeg

Bonfires.... 100% As long as it's in an area where the risk of anything else going up in flames is pretty much nil.
I remember some massive beach bonfires growing up.... Nowadays, here in CT, they're frowned upon pretty much anywhere it would be sensible to actually have a bonfire.

So... we settle for a gas firepit table at home... not quite the same, you don't get much/any heat... but hey.... it's fire.

I love them. Get to hang out with bugs and critters, with a bunch of dudes wearing jorts chatting. Or I can be inside, with the same people having a conversation over a wonderful bourbon or cocktail of their choice.

Man, throw in a couple sweaty bro hugs and you just died a slow death, 🤣

Both have their places in my world (minus the the sweaty bro hugs). Sometimes I like the smoke and the bugs (and I also love to cook over an open fire, caveman style). Sometimes in the presence of more refined company (read as women) I’ll definitely prefer the inside approach.

I kind of like Covid dating. I usually just invite them over for dinner. Cheaper, and I start the night where I hope to end up anyways. Plus I am half handy at the food thing (didn’t get my former size and not be able to cook) which can impress a sizable % of ladies.

Back