Bonfires: Yay or Nay?

Still enjoy the occasional bonfire at the lake or camping with friends. Now a days much more prefer campfires in the back yard which i have almost every weekend.

I don’t mind the occasional bonfire. They’re an event up here typically saved for wintertime after clearing a bunch of land. Good fun when it’s -40 outside!
I’m all for a campfire anytime though. We’ve got a great pit that I built in our backyard that gets regular use - from hanging out to cooking.

I will play a golf course specifically because the have a bonfire going beside the clubhouse. There is not a better smell IMO.

If you don't like bonfires, I don't think we can be friends.

You can do all of that indoors too, right? Haha
I would go to say no on the bonfire inside, but all the other stuff yes. 🤣🤣🤣

I love a nice evening with the fire pit going, having a drink and chatting with friends or family. It's funny when you drive around our little town people will be out in their driveways all over having a fire pit.

A bonfire and some foghat never hurt anybody

Been so hot here I'm not sitting next to fires... Usually summer nights when it cools off is the perfect evening activity.

I’m with JB/GG, mostly. Did it a lot when younger, but now, maybe once a year. Bugs, smoke, more bugs, more smoke. I’ve entered my years as a “comfortable arm chair and rousing debate” guy.

One from last night. We also did some night wake surfing for the perfect end to the day.

9159651F-75CD-435D-A4F1-DD4388F45BFA.jpegE0081EFD-4700-4B9B-970B-C8F229FAB358.jpeg

I love them. Get to hang out with bugs and critters, with a bunch of dudes wearing jorts chatting. Or I can be inside, with the same people having a conversation over a wonderful bourbon or cocktail of their choice.

If you make the fire big enough the bugs go away

Bonfires and bourbon are a strong combination, especially in early fall when it's cooler and less bugs out!

Bonfire tonight - kids love s’mores (obviously)

4F7EADD9-3406-45A5-87ED-A71C2DDB6E29.jpeg

Closer and closer to official "bonfire season"!!!!

Love a good bonfire on the beach on a chilly night.

Love them. Haven’t been to one in a while but that may change soon

Haven’t had one in ages but big fan of them!

I'm more than OK with any fire as long as I can get away from it if I need to if the smoke starts to get to me.
It gets my allergies going pretty good.

Some nights when neighbors have bonfires in numbers and there isn't much air circulation, it can get pretty thick out there, and if you want to take a walk or something, it can affect your decision. I kinda feel the same way about the stinky fabric softeners coming out now too though. That can flood the neighborhood too on Sundays especially.

Back