Rory could have the poorest putting/wedge game for someone as talented as he is.

For 2020, he was 64th SG around the green and 122nd in putting. If you look back, he constantly is near the bottom of the list in SG putting. It's crazy.
Just as people say I am picking and choosing, that is all I'm seeing in the responses and straw man arguments?
Rory and the putter are bad news. But he just had a kid, so he gets a pass for now. (y)

Stewart Cink won the first even on the 2021 PGA tour schedule.... Mic Drop

Stewart Cink won the first even on the 2021 PGA tour schedule.... Mic Drop
Altitude. In smoke no less. :love: 7100 yards. That's not long at altitude at all.
The one the big names skipped for the most part I bet. Getting ready for the open.
And he's OLD. Old ball players stuck around with a little "help" in baseball.
I have no doubt Phil extended his career with Enbrel. Is Stewart?

We'll NEVER know...;)

MysteryMeat is that you??!!?? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I enjoyed having it on but it became a bit of a bore fest as Sunday went on. Bryson was great to watch. However, when he wasn’t on TV it wasn’t much fun watching everyone else fading. I was hoping for somebody to turn it on the back 9 And make it interesting.
Did you used to like to watch Tiger mauling the field. It seemed similar to me in terms of there being a front runner and everybody else fading.

Did you used to like to watch Tiger mauling the field. It seemed similar to me in terms of there being a front runner and everybody else fading.
Tiger era was possible because others were not working like Tiger was. (And any special treatment for that top dog once again comes into question.)

This is different. Even with everyone else working out constantly, he's the one that got HUGE from it? And in short order, no less.
SO suspect. All the signs. ((And then we get on people for temper tantrums?))
This is one of the most FASCINATING U.S. Opens ever. The TV coverage just stunk and no crowd life.

I actually really enjoyed the coverage and experience over the first three days. That said, I was occupied on Sunday for most of the day so I missed the finish, unfortunately.

Either way, I think the lead sucked the life out of it a bit, but the conversations that were had during (and certainly now after) have been outstanding.

Us OpEn WiNnEr ShOuLd Be EvEn PaR.

-hurrdurr

Bryson is my spirit animal. More of y'all need to workout and gain 30lbs.

I thought it was great. BD went against conventional wisdom and it worked for him.

Us OpEn WiNnEr ShOuLd Be EvEn PaR.

-hurrdurr

Bryson is my spirit animal. More of y'all need to workout and gain 30lbs.
I worked out and gained back 40 lbs. Took drugs to do it. But I'm not on tour.
I have 40lbs to go now to catch Bryson.
He eats and looks like I did on that crap.

Would you take something for more gains? Especially if it were against the rules, but you could get away with it?
Serious, serious questions for golf. And all sport. (y) And beyond...

who'd have thought the tournament would end up enticing folks to see what else was on TV in the final hour or two .... it got so bad I almost watched a minute of Mike & Molly

Would you take something for more gains? Especially if it were against the rules, but you could get away with it?
I think you are confused about Blu's (and Bryson's) eating habits

NBC isn't going to give it enough time and it won't soon go on a pay channel full time. Golf Channel full time wouldn't bother me but is Peacock a pay channel? It might be the only one I don't have.
I don't know if Peacock is a pay channel or not. I'd not heard of it until I was listening to the No Laying Up podcast talking about the tv coverage... Golf Channel, then to NBC, then to Peacock. I thought they were talking about NBC and I just wasn't in on the joke but then I saw a commercial for coverage and it mentioned Peacock... another streaming network... thing. I'm not interested.

But I guess it's the "wave of the future" as I'm not able to see a couple of NFL games I wanted to watch because they weren't on tv in my area. And I can't get Hulu on my BluRay in my living room because it's one of the ones that Hulu said they weren't supporting any longer.:( I kind of don't care though.:rolleyes:

I think you are confused about Blu's (and Bryson's) eating habits
Been following him in the "better you" fitness thread. (y)
I know he lifts heavy. ;)

This is not steroids I'm talking. This is biologics and immuno-suppressives.
Massive reductions in inflammation in the body from them. Workout potential with them, is off the charts.
My doctor at the time liked golf and called me his "hero."
My GPS and laser verified "long?" 412 yards. With witnesses. This stuff is crazy. And I was not even working out really at the time. Stretching, golf, light weights. Walked 90+ rounds a year and walked more on top of that. (Legs? HUGE!) My body hates me now for how hard I was able to swing without pain when on it. You just don't feel it at the time.

But this is the first hand experience I am basing this off of as a golfer who has been on these drugs. And my health is CRAP. Imagine what it can do when you start with a healthy human being. :eek:

I am pretty confident Bryson didn't do it dirty. I've seen similar gains and changes from normal people who just decided to drink more whole milk and eat more meat.

Would I take some juice to get there? I haven't yet, I can't afford to anyways. Most of my disposable income is spent on new golf shirts and whiskey.

You know what's more boring....no golf. I'm just happy to see golf on TV.

I am pretty confident Bryson didn't do it dirty. I've seen similar gains and changes from normal people who just decided to drink more whole milk and eat more meat.

Would I take some juice to get there? I haven't yet, I can't afford to anyways. Most of my disposable income is spent on new golf shirts and whiskey.
That kinda concerns me that you didn't say no. :( Don't do that. Please. (y)
I didn't take it for the golf. It was for my digestive issues.

Yes. That felt different.

I liked it. I didn't like the coverage switched networks and channels though. I could have done without that.

Yeah! Like CBS is going to give up NFL Football to broadcast the US Open.
I don't know if Peacock is a pay channel or not. I'd not heard of it until I was listening to the No Laying Up podcast talking about the tv coverage... Golf Channel, then to NBC, then to Peacock. I thought they were talking about NBC and I just wasn't in on the joke but then I saw a commercial for coverage and it mentioned Peacock... another streaming network... thing. I'm not interested.

But I guess it's the "wave of the future" as I'm not able to see a couple of NFL games I wanted to watch because they weren't on tv in my area. And I can't get Hulu on my BluRay in my living room because it's one of the ones that Hulu said they weren't supporting any longer.:( I kind of don't care though.:rolleyes:

Peacock is a free channel. And the Sunday round went Peacock, Golf Channel, NBC,

I actually ended up turning it off early sunday. Now whether that was because of football or my dislike of decham-bot, I don't know. But I found the whole event boring, especially after the bigger players were out of it.

As obnoxious as fans can be oh, the game is just not the same without them. None of these professional sports, or even the WWE, are just not the same without good old-fashioned fans!

Yeah! Like CBS is going to give up NFL Football to broadcast the US Open.

Peacock is a free channel. And the Sunday round went Peacock, Golf Channel, NBC,
Well, it's not like CBS does football all that well either... and their golf coverage. Ack!

I get that CBS sees the NFL as their cash cow.. and they normally are but... viewer numbers are down... for reasons... you'd think with captive audiences and quarantine, that NFL viewer numbers would be off the chart high... but they're not. Yes, I realize broadcast rights are negotiated years in advance for years at a time and are very specific... and no one could have seen Covid coming.

I'm just whining about first world problems. Wah! Golf coverage on CBS sucks. Football coverage sucks!:eek:

I feel better:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can do without NYC fans! I want to punch every one of them out!

I enjoyed it. I don't know how you can really call something that was tough overall, and competitive until the last 9 boring.

Back