Boston Golf / Food

Honestly, see if you can score a single time up at Cape Arundel in Maine. It’s only an hour 15ish from Boston, so worth it. President Bush plays there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There’s certainly tee time available……hmmm. Really worth the 1.5hr drive? My other options are George Wright, or other nice public places as the CC hookup never happened lol

Yes, 100% worth the drive.

Some experience, oldest daughter went to Harvard, youngest goes to college in Boston now so visit a lot. In the North End I like Artu for Italian, it’s around the corner from Mike’s Pastry. Mikes is a tourist trap but I will say the chocolate mousse cannoli is really good. In the Back Bay there is one of only two Abe & Louie’s (the other in Boca), really good restaurant - don’t pass on the ribeye and the cauliflower appetizer.

Can’t help on golf, a retired client took me to The Country Club and we also played TPC several times.

The weather was NOT your friend these last few days.

I lived I. Metro Boston for 4 years. I never golfed while I was there. Someday I will rectify that.

I lived I. Metro Boston for 4 years. I never golfed while I was there. Someday I will rectify that.
Come on back anytime! Honestly though, it’s kind of a golf desert here. You have serious tracks that are almost entirely private. Otherwise, it’s slow rounds and crappy conditions. Two of the best public courses, that can compete with private conditions, are like 2.5 hours from Boston . Taconic and The Orchards.

Come on back anytime! Honestly though, it’s kind of a golf desert here. You have serious tracks that are almost entirely private. Otherwise, it’s slow rounds and crappy conditions. Two of the best public courses, that can compete with private conditions, are like 2.5 hours from Boston . Taconic and The Orchards.
I will let THP land know when I get back. That’s a great thing about now living in a golf paradise…I get to host all of you.

I will let THP land know when I get back. That’s a great thing about now living in a golf paradise…I get to host all of you.
I teach and coach at a private school just outside of Boston and this year with covid one of our players went remote learning from his house in Az, he’s a member at Silverleaf so he played min 18 holes everyday. 14 years old, made varsity as an 8th grader and has a cool 295 carry on driver. It’s nice to watch.

I teach and coach at a private school just outside of Boston and this year with covid one of our players went remote learning from his house in Az, he’s a member at Silverleaf so he played min 18 holes everyday. 14 years old, made varsity as an 8th grader and has a cool 295 carry on driver. It’s nice to watch.
That’s an awesome track. I’ll never get to play it. But is 20 mins from my house.

I might play there before I have 295 carry. 😂

That’s an awesome track. I’ll never get to play it. But is 20 mins from my house.

I might play there before I have 295 carry. 😂

its a difference world to belong to a few top 100 courses but that’s how some folks roll.

I’m 70 yards behind him all day.

its a difference world to belong to a few top 100 courses but that’s how some folks roll.

I’m 70 yards behind him all day.
Kick his butt with short game. And golf knowledge as long as you can.

I somehow missed this entire thread. So did you get out and golf anywhere?

Back