Bought a Miura K Grind SW yesterday.... and kicked a friend to the curb.

Knot Right

Reaction score
I was driving home on a chilly day a couple weeks ago after giving a lady a estimate for some repair work. I ended up driving by a local course where I saw a old "drywall" buddy walking on the last holes of the back 9. (I have known the guy for years and he has thrown a lot of work my way)I hit the horn and waved, and then he frantically starts waving for me to come over to him. So, I parked the truck and walked over by the green while he putted out. He asked me to walk in with him because he wanted to talk to me about throwing me some of the recent flood damage insurance work. He hits off on a par 3, and we walk over towards the green. There was a club lying near the left bunker, so I walked over and picked it up. It was a Miura K grind with those funny looking gouge cuts on the back of the sole, Nippon shaft, and a yellow and black grip. I waggled it for a bit and shoved it into his bag while he chipped and putted. He said that he would turn it into the pro shop and I never gave it another thought. After he putted out on hole 9, we walk over the clubhouse/pro shop for a coffee, but it's locked up.

Fast forward to yesterday.

I am at a local golf shop yacking with the salesperson friend while killing time, waggling a few clubs, and talking families. I am at the used wedge rack pulling down various clubs for a few waggles while he worked a couple customers. I eventually picked up the very same club my friend took home with him? I look over at my friend and asked when this one came in. He replied that he wasn't sure. He could see that I was looking a little strange so he asked ...what's up? I told him that I would be back in a few. I go out to my work truck and call the pro shop at the course and asked if anyone had reported losing the Miura. The guy on the phone said yeah, the guy has been calling about it for the past week.......why? I just sat there kinda kind of pissed off, and bummed out.

I eventually reached under the back seat of my truck and grabbed up a couple wedges and a hybrid that I was experimenting with recently, but no longer wanted. I went back inside and finally exchanged them for the Miura after a 5 minute ......... "friendly haggle".

I drove over to the course to drop the club off. There were a few players standing in line ahead of me, and a couple that came in behind me. When I got to the counter, I told him that I was turning in the lost club. The assistant gives me a snarky look and goes into a minute long browbeating about turning in lost clubs. I just stood there listening while he went on, and I could see the other people standing there looking at me like I was a dunce.

When he was finished,I turned and started walking out. I looked back over my shoulder and told him that I didn't find the club................I just "effing" bought it!

Then to top things off, I told the wife last night that I wasn't doing anymore business with this guy, and told her about the club. I got a 5 minute rant about throwing away a good money over a "stupid golf club".

Screw it........ I texted the guy at at 4:38 this morning and typed...... I turned in that Miura SW for you!

My cell phone messages has been lit up like a Christmas tree for the past hour.

I'm not even going to respond.

Sorry for the very long rant folks, but I brought this dirt bag into the game some years ago. I spent a lot of time teaching him most of the little things that go along with the game............ including honesty. I had a feeling that he's kept a couple of found clubs over the years, but never forced the issue. I feel responsible.

And...............I ended up being chastised on two fronts over a simple golf club.

Rant .............over!

Well done...well done indeed.

Way to go.

Congrats on doing right with the original club owner, despite all the hassle.

Bottom line is you did the right thing. A couple years ago I found a clunker 6i on the course and forgot to turn it in. The kicker was the course was an hour away. I took an extended lunch later in the week to drop it off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You did a good thing for someone. That's what counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well played sir, well played.:clapp:

Wow congratulations on going above and beyond to return the club. Well played!

Keeping a club you find on the course like that is so incredibly cheezy, I don't know what to say. Kudos to you for returning it at a cost to yourself. We have all left a club behind at some point.

Karma, my friend.
Or,
"No good deed goes unpunished. "
You did the right thing.

This guy sounds like a loser. Good on you for fixing his BS.

Good for you, you did the right thing! I always turn clubs in that I find on the course.

Solid move on your part sir!

Well played! :good:

Wow some times the right thing isn't easy. Way to go man...

:clapp: Well played, you did the right thing.

To your "friend", karma will come around looking for payment one day soon!

I can't tell the number of items I have found on the course....headcovers, clubs, rangefinders, a GPS watch, handheld GPS units, wallets, hats, towels....the list goes on and on....each and everyone turned in at the pro shop

You did right by the golf gods more then expected. I would imagine they will return the favor ten fold for your kindness.

Bravo good sir! In my mind you did exactly what I would have expected myself to do in that situation.

Another great example of a world class THPer. Actions like this is what make us great.

I believe in golf karma, not turning in a found golf club will bring you 7 years of bogeys

Good job!

I was driving home on a chilly day a couple weeks ago after giving a lady a estimate for some repair work. I ended up driving by a local course where I saw a old "drywall" buddy walking on the last holes of the back 9. (I have known the guy for years and he has thrown a lot of work my way)I hit the horn and waved, and then he frantically starts waving for me to come over to him. So, I parked the truck and walked over by the green while he putted out. He asked me to walk in with him because he wanted to talk to me about throwing me some of the recent flood damage insurance work. He hits off on a par 3, and we walk over towards the green. There was a club lying near the left bunker, so I walked over and picked it up. It was a Miura K grind with those funny looking gouge cuts on the back of the sole, Nippon shaft, and a yellow and black grip. I waggled it for a bit and shoved it into his bag while he chipped and putted. He said that he would turn it into the pro shop and I never gave it another thought. After he putted out on hole 9, we walk over the clubhouse/pro shop for a coffee, but it's locked up.

Fast forward to yesterday.

I am at a local golf shop yacking with the salesperson friend while killing time, waggling a few clubs, and talking families. I am at the used wedge rack pulling down various clubs for a few waggles while he worked a couple customers. I eventually picked up the very same club my friend took home with him? I look over at my friend and asked when this one came in. He replied that he wasn't sure. He could see that I was looking a little strange so he asked ...what's up? I told him that I would be back in a few. I go out to my work truck and call the pro shop at the course and asked if anyone had reported losing the Miura. The guy on the phone said yeah, the guy has been calling about it for the past week.......why? I just sat there kinda kind of pissed off, and bummed out.

I eventually reached under the back seat of my truck and grabbed up a couple wedges and a hybrid that I was experimenting with recently, but no longer wanted. I went back inside and finally exchanged them for the Miura after a 5 minute ......... "friendly haggle".

I drove over to the course to drop the club off. There were a few players standing in line ahead of me, and a couple that came in behind me. When I got to the counter, I told him that I was turning in the lost club. The assistant gives me a snarky look and goes into a minute long browbeating about turning in lost clubs. I just stood there listening while he went on, and I could see the other people standing there looking at me like I was a dunce.

When he was finished,I turned and started walking out. I looked back over my shoulder and told him that I didn't find the club................I just "effing" bought it!

Then to top things off, I told the wife last night that I wasn't doing anymore business with this guy, and told her about the club. I got a 5 minute rant about throwing away a good money over a "stupid golf club".

Screw it........ I texted the guy at at 4:38 this morning and typed...... I turned in that Miura SW for you!

My cell phone messages has been lit up like a Christmas tree for the past hour.

I'm not even going to respond.

Sorry for the very long rant folks, but I brought this dirt bag into the game some years ago. I spent a lot of time teaching him most of the little things that go along with the game............ including honesty. I had a feeling that he's kept a couple of found clubs over the years, but never forced the issue. I feel responsible.

And...............I ended up being chastised on two fronts over a simple golf club.

Rant .............over!

I can tell you are not the type who wants or looks for accolades for doing good deeds but i would be hard pressed not to say you are a class act and your actions speak volumes

My question is what did ol boy say after you sent him the message that morning?

Also im not sure that I would of let the other ol boy behind the counter dig into me like that without interrupting him and at least giving him somewhat of a low down? Either way, you are a good dude. Hats off

There really is a Santa Claus!

Honestly, way to go. One thing that I like to believe golf brings out in people is a sense of right and wrong. The fact that you are your own referee is a challenge to what kind of character you have. Nobody but oneself to account to. for some, that leads to waywardness but for many it leads to nobleness. Your setting right a wrong was a noble act. Kudos.

Very honourable gesture on your part and shows the kind of person you are. On behalf of your fellow golfers....thank you. That wedge may have had huge sentimental value to the owner and although you will never know who the owner is, rest assured they appreciated your honesty and integrity.

Back