Heading down to the Colorado State Championship in Denver in about an hour.

I might actually have a chance to win due to my average from 2 seasons ago being so bad. We went through an ownership change at our lanes back then and the new owner/manager had no clue how to operate and maintain bowling lanes. All of our averages dropped like a rock. I'm rolling with a 166 average this weekend and I averaged 215 over the last 4 weeks of the season. If I can bowl close to that average or better, I might have a real shot to take it. Gonna be a great time either way!

Heading down to the Colorado State Championship in Denver in about an hour.

I might actually have a chance to win due to my average from 2 seasons ago being so bad. We went through an ownership change at our lanes back then and the new owner/manager had no clue how to operate and maintain bowling lanes. All of our averages dropped like a rock. I'm rolling with a 166 average this weekend and I averaged 215 over the last 4 weeks of the season. If I can bowl close to that average or better, I might have a real shot to take it. Gonna be a great time either way!

Good luck dude!

I traveled so much for work this season that I barely established my 196 average. Then showed up at the end of the year tournament (different house, and the shot was made for my ball) and shot 701.

Good luck dude!

I traveled so much for work this season that I barely established my 196 average. Then showed up at the end of the year tournament (different house, and the shot was made for my ball) and shot 701.

Still, that ain't too shabby. I bought the ball I did with this tournament and the pattern in mind. Interested to see if I made the right call.

Did my first league in years today. Was pretty happy as I hadn't even bowled in a year I think. Shot 221, 215, 236 = 672. Had to use a different ball on each lane first 2 games till they broke down to a similar look. I missed 5 10 pins though, I guess it is like the short game actually need to practice them once in a while. To be fair was standard lol easy house shot but half the people use plastic so they don't get broken down the way I am used to from back in the day. Either way it was fun, nice change of pace from golf. Bowled a ton early in life but it got boring with the death of scratch leagues and new balls that let anyone hook the entire lane. (had a pretty high rev rate back in the day but that stopped mattering much)

I was a total ball ho back in 2001-2004. Not going to go out and buy 10 different balls these days. Used 2 older Brunswick balls today, nexus pearl and revolver.

Rolled a 222-224-207-653 in doubles and 223-182-248-653 in singles yesterday. I was rolling against a 167 average so I really gave myself a chance to place high in the tournament. Was really nice to come through in the clutch with the opportunity presented itself. We roll team today so 3 more games in a hour. They should have standings posted when get to the lanes. Excited to see where I'm at.

I picked up golf at age 5, bowling at age 16. Bowling came natural by the time I got into a few leagues, and my last full league I carried a 229 average with two 800 series under my belt. Still no 300 somehow, but I've got 15 games of 297-299

186-237-222-645 today in team play. Another guy went way over average on our team too. 2 guys were average and one below but not much so we are sitting top 20 in handicapped team standing as well. Should get a nice check from this one

186-237-222-645 today in team play. Another guy went way over average on our team too. 2 guys were average and one below but not much so we are sitting top 20 in handicapped team standing as well. Should get a nice check from this one

Nice shooting!

Anyone planning on going out to Syracuse for the USBC National Tournament? I think it's almost over so maybe a lot of you already bowled in it.

I find it funny how amateur bowling really doesn't mean much and you can win money but golf is so strict with things like that.

I find it funny how amateur bowling really doesn't mean much and you can win money but golf is so strict with things like that.
Yep. Pretty crazy. I wouldn t be bowling in this tournament if it paid out shop credit like golf lol

So I may have won a state title this past weekend! I was unaware that there was a 9 game, all event category, and my 9 game handicapped aggregate (2,551) is almost 100 pins higher than the current 1st place bowler.

They have this category broken down into 2 subcategories, classified and regular, with classified being anyone under a 180 average. My 167 average puts me in the classified group, but my score beats all in the regular group as well.

This was the last weekend of bowling, so the final results are to be posted on Wednesday, but I don't know how anyone else did this past weekend, so I may not get it but my score seems really strong based on past winning scores.

I cannot believe that this might happen. So cool!!!

So I may have won a state title this past weekend! I was unaware that there was a 9 game, all event category, and my 9 game handicapped aggregate (2,551) is almost 100 pins higher than the current 1st place bowler.

They have this category broken down into 2 subcategories, classified and regular, with classified being anyone under a 180 average. My 167 average puts me in the classified group, but my score beats all in the regular group as well.

This was the last weekend of bowling, so the final results are to be posted on Wednesday, but I don't know how anyone else did this past weekend, so I may not get it but my score seems really strong based on past winning scores.

I cannot believe that this might happen. So cool!!!

9 game handicapped average of 283.4?? Wow.

What do they call sandbaggers in bowling? :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9 game handicapped average of 283.4?? Wow.
Yeah, there is a story behind my average for this though.

Historically, I average around 185-190 in league play, and I bowled against a 185 last year. This tournament uses your season average from 2 season ago to minimize sandbagging. That season, our home house sold to a new owner and hired a manager that had a bar background and no bowling lane experience, so when we started league that year, the lanes were a mess. They had no clue how to clean and oil lanes, the oiler was ancient and had no manual any more so there was nothing to tell them what setting did what, and they had no mechanic to repair the setters and returns. We would have bone dry lanes one week and fully greased through the pin set the next. Everyone's average in that house plummeted. Top average was 175. 200 games were non existent, and bowlers were miserable. Teams left the league in droves. I stuck around but that 167 was my worst average since my first league season. The misery continued until midway through this season (I had a 144 avg at one point) when one of our league bowlers was hired as the new manager. He got the lanes in playable shape within a few weeks and everybody started bowling better, including me.

About a month before the season end, I started looking up YouTube videos on release practice drills because I had been having trouble staying behind the ball and was pulling most shots Brooklyn. I found one particular drill that changed everything and I started hitting my spot with a bunch of consistency. I then bought a new ball for the shot shape I wanted and that when my game took off. I averaged around 205 for the last 4 weeks of the season and ended up with a 180 avg for the season.

I knew I would have a chance to win something if I bowled well because of that crap average I had during the season of misery and despair, and my honest hope was to average around 200 for the 9 games. It just happened to go much better than that. I had my line set very quickly both days, and being a lefty, I never had to stray from that line. I also started a breathing program to control my nerves and emotions and it worked like a charm. I was never nervous and none of the other crap that bothered my teammates got to me at all. Apparently on Saturday, one of the guys bowling on our lanes from another team, was excruciatingly slow. One of our guys timed his throw from ball pickup to delivery at 85 seconds! I never noticed and didn't find out how pissed our guys were until Sunday morning lol.

Anyway, it just worked out to a perfect storm of goodness for me and I bowled really, really well. Best in my life really. I've had good series before, but 600s always get me stoked, and to go 3 for 3 is bot something I expected to happen.

Here are the 9 games:

222-224-207-653
223-182-248-653
186-237-222-645

What do they call sandbaggers in bowling? :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Haha, I know I'll get that treatment but whatever. Just really happy to have bowled so well

Watched my buddy throw the front 20 last night... crazy! Literally 10 back every time... stuff 7 pin on the 21st.

First week back after the summer off is always a hoot.

8f27863d33a9fcc705e4f8ad4e304720.jpg

1st night of league last night. I used a new ball and knew I would struggle a bit as I got used to it. I shot 162, 173, 193 so about 15-20 pins below my where I would expect my average to be.

This ball has an aggressive snap hook at the end so I'm having a little trouble adjusting to it. I'll probably just use my old Hammer most nights unless the lanes are more oily than usual.

A guy on the opposing team shot a 714 for a 238 average. He's normally a 180ish average bowler. I wish we could bowl them next week.

One of these days I'll talk my wife in to joining a league. I kinda miss bowling. I don't think I've touched a ball in probably 15-18 years other than a couple drunk nights with friends hanging out at the local bowling alley.

Are those the tables everyone sits at on each pair? Really cool idea to incorporate old lanes.

Is that an old Columbia Yellow Dot? I had one of those, same color many years ago.

Are those the tables everyone sits at on each pair? Really cool idea to incorporate old lanes.
Yes. They redid the lanes a few years ago, and when they pulled up the wooden ones, they repurposed them into tables that stretch the entire width of the alley behind the lanes.

Is that an old Columbia Yellow Dot? I had one of those, same color many years ago.
No, it’s a Hammer Black Widow Pearl, which is creeping up on dinosaur age itself.

I've been coerced into subbing on a league tonight. I haven't bowled in 2 years and was hoping to keep it that way....this should be interesting.

Well that went about as well as expected. By the 3rd game I almost remembered how to throw the ball. 159, 195, 205 and had a great time with some good people. I don't think I'll want to be a regular again but subbing once in a while could be fun.

How is everyone doing in league lately?

I'm starting to get very comfortable with my new ball, using it almost exclusively now. Two weeks ago I started the last game with 8 in a row. Pulled the 9th one a bit and couldn't carry the Brooklyn hit. Picked up the spare and then freaking opened in the 10th for a 253. Grrrrr... My middle game was pretty bad so only a 616 series.

Last week was my most consistent of the year. 211, 229, 221 for a 661. Only 2 opens all night. A missed 10 pin and a 7-10 split on a pocket hit. That bumped my average up to 191.

Back