Bleh I just can't seem to not have 1 awful game. Shot 619 with a 164 1st game.

Bleh I just can't seem to not have 1 awful game. Shot 619 with a 164 1st game.
I'd rather have bad first game and recover like you did. I shot 616 with 181 last game on Wednesday. Should have been much more, had 2 makeable spares missed.

Thursday was 242-210-225-213 for a nice 890

Yeah I much prefer to finish strong, feels more satisfying. Downside is lighting bracket money on fire. All in all not awful. I am really having relearn how to bowl again since it has been so long since I actually bowled a meaningful game. Think the average is up to 194 after being 177 or something after first 3 weeks.

Arg over under hell on one lane not the other. Every time I would adjust something else happened. So many shots I thought were good on the right lane left endless splits. Had to use a different ball on each lane last game and a few frames. Missed 1 non split spare and had 20 strikes yet shot 571. That should give you a decent idea of how many damn splits I left.

Arg over under hell on one lane not the other. Every time I would adjust something else happened. So many shots I thought were good on the right lane left endless splits. Had to use a different ball on each lane last game and a few frames. Missed 1 non split spare and had 20 strikes yet shot 571. That should give you a decent idea of how many damn splits I left.

OUCH nothing worse than popping pocket and just watching slop splits. Hate it when no matter what you do nothing carries. Sometimes it’s just like golf, gotta let the bowling gods know that you accept the punishment of being humbled and take the 29 youre short on the 6 and stack them on the goal next week.

Yeah no big deal in the long run. I do wish I was left handed sometimes. The lone lefty on our pair put up like 760 or 770 while moving like 3 boards at his feet and like 1 at the arrows the entire night. He still threw the ball well obviously. I totally get why most of the PBA patterns are asymmetrical though.

Yeah no big deal in the long run. I do wish I was left handed sometimes. The lone lefty on our pair put up like 760 or 770 while moving like 3 boards at his feet and like 1 at the arrows the entire night. He still threw the ball well obviously. I totally get why most of the PBA patterns are asymmetrical though.

Pffffttttt lefties and their damn clean oil...

I pissed off a lefty at a tourney years ago. I was pretty set on the pattern and knew what I was going to work and got paired with him. After two warp up rolls, I grabbed my plastic and ran up the boards on the left side for the rest of my warm up. He cried about me stretching the oil on the left side and that I needed to be DQd lol

Was at 460 after 2 on Weds then wheels fell off and finished with a 181 :dohanim:

Thursday night was much better for me, 731 through first 3 games, 5 bagger to start 4th and then through nose for Greek church, team mate said I tugged a bit so I stick with the ball, next shot through nose big 4 and team mate said tugged again. Should have listened to myself and made ball change, but I stuck with it and another Greek church :LOL: made ball change and ended with 209.

Through 35 frames each shot was in pocket.

Bowled the Greater Tulsa Open tournament this weekend. If it wasn't for leaving multi pin spares, and then promptly chopping a pin off of the conversion I would have had a good score. :ROFLMAO: Had more 6 pins left on the deck from a 6-10 conversion it was crazy. Likely couldn't do that again if you gave me $100. :dohanim:

632-640-658 = 1930 all events

Is that the same tournament that use to be called the oil capitol open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the same tournament that use to be called the oil capitol open?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't know to be honest. I tried googling that tourney and came up with one result that mentioned some one shooting 925 in singles LOL!

E6B0156B-3E40-4215-8B42-C5598F8D7E14.jpeg

I bet he is on the rerate list for nationals.

So I bowled tonight and the lanes hadn't been oiled since Friday and nothing but rockin bowl. Was actually kind of fun like a 46 foot sport shot from hell broken down wrong. Basically laying down right of 20-25 hooked at your feet by the arrows, even a pearl hustle.

So then I tried playing outside and lofting to the arrows which then hit carry down and took out three pins on the right. Then I lofted the gutters and at least able to hit the pocket but the ball had nothing and right was ob left hit and hooked left of head pin. I even left a 5-7-10 with a 1k grit Pitbull Bark and I throw well over no revs.

So finally I got lined up with a 2k grit fearless and hitting the hell out of it at the bottom fairly slow(400 revs maybe),, like 14.5 at the pins which let me feather it into the ob and would come back. Now if I had the wrong rotation the but hit my spot at the arrows it would still be 5 boards left of spot at 45 feet. Or if I hit up instead of projecting it and uncocking the wrist it hit the 3 on the left. Once that line fried played the same with a heat lava.

Last 3 were 195 - 204 - 217 and I bowled so good. Slight miss was a split or a bucket or worse like a 5-7. Been a long time since I had to throw a ball perfectly to carry was fun in a humbling way. Had to use plastic on all spares on the left instead of drop your ball by the gutter and never miss a spare on the left. Buckets are tricky.

Had another up and down night last night. Had one frame where the chops showed up yet again and I chopped a 6 off a 6-10. I always laugh it off with team mates and say if there is something up there to chop that I am your man to do it. LOL!!

Kept it clean until the last game with a 4-9 split in 9th frame. Need to get my consistency back, just feel like I am spraying and praying on the lanes lately. :ROFLMAO:

214-256-213 = 683

Finally didn't suck. 680 that could have been way higher. was 220's 230's 220's

3 bad shots all 3 splits and missed a 10 pin which is awful. Every other shot was a 9 pin or 10 pin, most of which should have struck. New ball finally drilled something up that actually matches up for me. DV8 Notorious drilled 50*, 4 1/4, 65*

Finally didn't suck. 680 that could have been way higher. was 220's 230's 220's

3 bad shots all 3 splits and missed a 10 pin which is awful. Every other shot was a 9 pin or 10 pin, most of which should have struck. New ball finally drilled something up that actually matches up for me. DV8 Notorious drilled 50*, 4 1/4, 65*
Nice! Team mate rolls DV8 exclusively.

I finally put a nice week together.

Wednesday night game 2 shot a nice 279, bit too fast on the shot coming in light and leaving a 2 pin in 7th frame. 723 for series.

Last night however, I was able to put 12 shots together for my 13th sanctioned 300 game!! :cool:

Congrats Vdub !

Last week in my 3rd game, I had 9 in a row till I hammered the pocket in the 10th and left a 7-10.
I was really feeling it and thought I was going to get my 3rd sanctioned 300 but instead I got that. :mad:

Congrats Vdub !

Last week in my 3rd game, I had 9 in a row till I hammered the pocket in the 10th and left a 7-10.
I was really feeling it and thought I was going to get my 3rd sanctioned 300 but instead I got that. :mad:
Thank you.

Damn, have certainly been there before! Keep plugging away, it'll come when you least expect it. :cool:?

Nice bowling vdubtx

Last night was a struggle with no carry and 3 single pin misses when I should only have 3 single pin misses in 4 weeks. Should be punishable by death to miss that many in a month. Shot 592 with 2 pocket 7-10s and like 8 ten pins. I need a new 2k abralon pad as mine is totally used up. Hit the ball with it during practice when I couldn't get the ball to read early enough and basically did nothing. Only highlight was making the 3-4-6-7-10 in 10th frame to win the individual point team game 3 points and series point on that one shot to jump us into 4th going in to position round. Never shold have left that in the first place though.

Nice bowling vdubtx

Last night was a struggle with no carry and 3 single pin misses when I should only have 3 single pin misses in 4 weeks. Should be punishable by death to miss that many in a month. Shot 592 with 2 pocket 7-10s and like 8 ten pins. I need a new 2k abralon pad as mine is totally used up. Hit the ball with it during practice when I couldn't get the ball to read early enough and basically did nothing. Only highlight was making the 3-4-6-7-10 in 10th frame to win the individual point team game 3 points and series point on that one shot to jump us into 4th going in to position round. Never shold have left that in the first place though.
Have you tried TruCut pads instead of abralon? I find the TruCut pads work better and last longer too. (y)

Thanks I will check those out

Had a consistent night - 232-244-238-224 for 938.

Think it was the first time I did not leave a through the nose split. Was able to keep ball on right side of the head pin. I did however leave a 5-7 split and converted it. 9 for 9 on single pin leaves and had 2 multi pin spares that I chopped pins off on conversion.

I wish golf was as easy as league bowling. Got a ball redrilled and first game out shoot 259 lol

I wish golf was as easy as league bowling. Got a ball redrilled and first game out shoot 259 lol
Nice :cool:(y)

Did you change layouts or did you change pitches in finger or thumb?

Had a good night last night, trying to find good line first game with different balls. Found right ball at the end of the game and didn’t miss pocket rest of the night. No splits on the night and 1 chopped 4-7 in first frame. Covered everything else.

203-236-246 for a nice 685.

Nice :cool:(y)

Did you change layouts or did you change pitches in finger or thumb?
It was a ball a friend gave me that had like 5 games on it. Plugged the thumb only and changed the grips. Purple idol

It was a ball a friend gave me that had like 5 games on it. Plugged the thumb only and changed the grips. Purple idol
Sweet. Love that ball. (y) One of the smoothest and predictable balls I have in my bags.

Back