So it turns out that last week someone beat my high series in the league. I had 801 and they shot 811 last week. Well I made a run at it and tried to take it back but game 3 lost carry. 268-257-238/763 Had 2 4 pins 3 9 pins and 4 ten pins. Did miss one of the 9s but it was last ball in game one so could have had 269 and then didn't shoot at one of the tens. oh yeah and almost left a 5 7 in 2nd frame of game 2 but the seven fell.
Very nice shooting! :cool:?

Heading to Vegas for the weekend to bowl a tournament. 4 man team, singles and doubles. Let's hope I bowl like last night.
Good luck!

Rough week of carry for me this week. Seems to be an ongoing problem in both houses the several weeks.

Wednesday 615 series with a 248 last game. Missed pocket three times, went heavy, on the night for splits. Covered all 14 of my makeable splits, 10 of them were corners. :dohanim:

Thursday night was even worse for carry. Started out with a bad first game, missed 3 makeable spares which is very uncommon for me. 3-6, 3 pin and a 10 pin. I guess my spare game stayed at home.

161-193-204-236 = 794

From the 2nd game through to 5th frame of game 4, I did not miss the pocket. Carry was just horrendous. Crazy to smash pocket for 20 frames and have a 193 and 204 to show for it. Of course, a 7-10 and a missed 10 pin didn't help things out, but what a brutal night. One of my team mates had a similar night with carry and we had same series. No one on out pair even shot 800 for the 4 games!

Thursday night was even worse for carry. Started out with a bad first game, missed 3 makeable spares which is very uncommon for me. 3-6, 3 pin and a 10 pin. I guess my spare game stayed at home.

161-193-204-236 = 794

From the 2nd game through to 5th frame of game 4, I did not miss the pocket. Carry was just horrendous. Crazy to smash pocket for 20 frames and have a 193 and 204 to show for it. Of course, a 7-10 and a missed 10 pin didn't help things out, but what a brutal night. One of my team mates had a similar night with carry and we had same series. No one on out pair even shot 800 for the 4 games!
That's rough when no one is able to avg 200. But on the bright side you were trending up?

Team event today at the Orleans. Started with first 6,left a 4-7 and chopped the 4, next frame 4-7 chopped the 7.are you kidding me?

161-193-204-236 = 794

Curious why do you bowl 4 games?

Well team didn't do great, 2 guys struggled. Plus my inconsistency. 234-181-249/664. Amazingly got through several brackets game 2 in order to come back and after putting $320 in total I got back $288 so only a $32 loss with a 43 pin below avg game.

Curious why do you bowl 4 games?
This league has just always done 4 games. I think it is just about the challenge of burned up lanes.

I bowl on Monday nights and I’ve got my own ball. I use the house shoes because I love the smell...and I’m kidding. The season is sooooooo damn long.

We won't talk about how singles and doubles went today. Let's just say I lost a lot of money and want to take a long time off from bowling.

An OK night last night. Several brain fart moments with spare shooting.

259 to start with front 7 and then a smash 8 pin.
183 with 3 opens, all of them makeables :dohanim:
210 with no strikes until 8th frame and then punched out

652 on the night which should have easily been 700 series had I not made mental errors on spare shooting. Missed a couple multi pins and a 6 pin. Was the first 6 pin I have missed all season long.

Tues night the lanes were a bit slick outside and everyone was complaining. This is a handicap league so we have quite the range of abilities but if you just stayed inside the 10 board you were pretty much fine. 234-221-205/660 started game one with a split, had 2 splits game 2 but converted the baby and then game 3 only struck on the left lane in the 7th.

Wed is match play and my opponent shot 819 so that didn't work out for me but still bowled decent
247-214-255/716. Team we ended up winning 12 out of 21 points after being down 3 to 7 after first 2 games.

Wed is match play and my opponent shot 819 so that didn't work out for me but still bowled decent
247-214-255/716. Team we ended up winning 12 out of 21 points after being down 3 to 7 after first 2 games.

Ouch that always stings when you post north of 7 and someone pops a strong 8 on you. But just like golf.... that's bowling.

Yep, been on both ends of the match play 800 series. My Thursday league up until this year had several PBA players in it. I always loved bowling against them. More times than not, I was beating them. If you have heard of brothers Anthony Lavery-Spahr or Sean Lavery-Spahr, both of them bowled in the league. I was matched up against Anthony several times, shot a 1038(4 games) against him last year. :cool:?

Bit of a rough night, but happy to have kept myself in play as we progressed each game.

231-215-204-205 = 855

First game lanes still had a good amount of oil and had some hang spots that I could utilize to have ball not make such aggressive move. This lasted all of first game and into first half of game 2. Then had to keep moving left and ended up getting super deep standing 35 and crossing 25 at arrows, breakpoint of 8-9 board at about 50 feet downlane. LOL!

This meant a lot of corners along with 9 pins thrown in for good measure. One missed makeable where I chopped 6 off of 6-10. Kept out of any other trouble until 9th frame of game 4 with my only split of the night. (y)

A good series last night.
The first ball of the series went waaaay wide and left the 3-8 but I picked it up and then finished it with 11 in a row.
I lost focus on the second game, but then picked that up a little in the 3rd.

290 - 197 - 224 = 711

Nice game, but did you mean the 2 8?

Nice shooting Drumdog

yea....2-8....sorry
Haha Just checking because I couldn't ever remember leaving either the 3,8 or the 2,9 so wasn't sure if it was possible. And if you went wide and left a 3 you'd of been lefty so....
Do you ever bowl at North Bowl in Spokane?

Pre-bowled last night for our Thursday night league. Teammate is having surgery to remove some skin cancer. This is his 2nd procedure. :oops:

Didn't do so hot. I really am messing up my 10 pin pickups in this house lately. Not sure what it is, but going to look at my spare ball to see if finger pitches and thumb are correct. Just feels something off with it, but no excuses. Can make 90% one night and then 25% on another nighjt, like last night. Just horrible.

226 with 7-10 split in 7th frame
214 with 2 missed 10 pins in 5th and 10th frames. :dohanim:
221 with 2-4-10 split in 7th
213 with 10 pin missed in 3rd frame

874 which I will certainly take, but should have easily been 900 series.

Good series vdub !

I hate those 10 pins....

Pre-bowled last night for our Thursday night league. Teammate is having surgery to remove some skin cancer. This is his 2nd procedure. :oops:

Didn't do so hot. I really am messing up my 10 pin pickups in this house lately. Not sure what it is, but going to look at my spare ball to see if finger pitches and thumb are correct. Just feels something off with it, but no excuses. Can make 90% one night and then 25% on another nighjt, like last night. Just horrible.

226 with 7-10 split in 7th frame
214 with 2 missed 10 pins in 5th and 10th frames. :dohanim:
221 with 2-4-10 split in 7th
213 with 10 pin missed in 3rd frame

874 which I will certainly take, but should have easily been 900 series.

I just throw my strike ball for spares, I tried a plastic ball and stuff it just didn't work for me. For the ten, I just flatten my wrist and spread my pinkie wide and have my index finger tight in.
Do you use an IT? I resisted it for awhile and finally my guy convinced me to give it a shot about 3 years ago. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommend.

Not sure what it is, but going to look at my spare ball to see if finger pitches and thumb are correct. Just feels something off with it, but no excuses.
I just throw my strike ball for spares, I tried a plastic ball and stuff it just didn't work for me. For the ten, I just flatten my wrist and spread my pinkie wide and have my index finger tight in

Anytime I struggle with 10 pins I bring my index and pinky fingers in tight creating a platform to help almost palm the ball. Then I start my shot with the wrist slightly broken so that I'm almost pointing my thumb at the 11 oclock position (righty). That helps me promotes a release thats straighter up the back of the ball creating a long old school follow though.

Back