I miss bowling. :(

I'm a part-time bowler because of swing shift and 100% hate how long the season is but... Im actually missing it now that I can't do it.

No clue how it will be handled after ban is lifted. Any other leagues have a plan in place yet?

I'm not sure what my league will do after the shutdown is lifted. We have been off for 2 weeks now and I'm already Jonesing for some pin action !

We had 5 weeks left and have missed two. I haven't heard anything from the league, but I'd assume we are done for the year.

For one of my leagues, we had decided we would pick up where we left off when we got back to bowling. No idea if that will still happen now.

On our normal schedule we finish up around the 27th of May. Not sure it would even be possible to finish out in Summer with the way things are looking.

I would be all for just paying out with current standings and be done for the year.

We usually finish last week of April. I'd rather cancel and payout on current standings vs making up any missed weeks. Hell, if we start where we left off then wouldn't be much of a break before the next season usually starts.

I bowled for years. I had to quit 7 years ago when I had a back fusion and then two more back surgeries in the next two years. My Dr. said I could still play golf if I took it easy swinging but no more bowling.He said the weight out on the end of my arm while bending over and reaching out was too muck strain on my back. I got really into it. I had seven high buck balls ( still have 6 in my basement) and a spinner that I could put my ball into and sand the ball to make it work on different oil patterns and different lane makeups. My shoes had different soles for the front half of the left shoe (that a right hander slides on) which adapted to how slick the lane was by the foul line and the type of wood or synthetic the lanes were made of. They also has different heels for the same reason. When my back and knees weren't acting up I bowled pretty good but my back and knee problems really held my average down. My average topped out at 180 for a season. I never got a 300. My high game was 279 which was nine strikes in a row then nine pins on the first ball in the last frame, a spare and ended up with a strike on the last ball. I miss bowling a lot but I'm even more thankful that I didn't have to give up golf. My slower swing did cost me a good 100 yards on my drives. I'm at about 200 yards now.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm going to assume that my leagues are just going to be over but really don't know. I'm president of one of them and not sure how to handle the situation. It'll all depend on duration of lockdown but if we go past another couple weeks I'm leaning towards just ending things where they are.

Our bowling alley just sent out post on Facebook that they are allowing each league to decide whether they want to end their season or finish it up after this is all over and they can reopen. If we decide to resume the league, the house is going to discount the line fee $2.00 per bowler for the remainder of the season. The difference will go into the prize fund.

Hoping to get a few games of practice before our league starts back up on Thursday night.

Hoping to get a few games of practice before our league starts back up on Thursday night.
We resumed ours this past Thursday. I started off well, 205, 213 but then the rust showed up and I finished with a 169.

We are a very small league and the rest of the alley is mostly empty so they are having us use 4 lanes per match. Each team is on its own pair of lanes. How is yours doing it?

My league suspended due to Covid and now I guess the season is terminated. We'll start the next season late in the summer.

I know my 16 team league ended the season early in March.

Payouts based on total points accumulated during the season.

Personally, if they tried to finish it now, I would balk at the idea. Mainly because my belief is the season already lasts too long and secondly, once the golf clubs are out, the bowling balls are put away.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

We resumed ours this past Thursday. I started off well, 205, 213 but then the rust showed up and I finished with a 169.

We are a very small league and the rest of the alley is mostly empty so they are having us use 4 lanes per match. Each team is on its own pair of lanes. How is yours doing it?
We are a trios league, I think 30 teams decided to continue. Settee area has been moved so that tables are pretty far apart. We will still face teams on same pair. May be a bit slow, as we will likely be one person up at a time. There will only be bowlers allowed due to capacity in the center, so no significant others etc.

Well, first night back went better than I expected.

I got a few games of practice in Wednesday after my round of golf. It was not pretty, mainly due to ball speed lost from the time off.

Walked 18 holes yesterday and then bowling last night so wasn't sure what to expect.

Showed up to the center with practice already under way, got a few shots in to see what lanes were doing. Had a good look immediately and did not miss pocket until the end of game 3. By game 4 I was so spent my ball speed was my issue. Through games 1-3 though, ball speed was really close to normal speeds for me. Will certainly take that for having a few months off.

216-267-243-187 for 913

Good night for me tonight. 205-214-225 for a 644. Could have been much better if not for some unlucky breaks.

Had another good night on the lanes. Started out a bit slow, but built up some steam after game 1. (y)

191-269-233-235mfor a nice 934 series.

Will certainly take the last 2 weeks for being off for a few months. Looks like the time off was beneficial for me. :ROFLMAO:

Haven't missed a single pin conversion the last 2 weeks, this includes 8 10 pins.

Had my first night back. We moved centers because both in town are same owner and this house is bigger. League is now bowling one team per pair. I haven't picked up a ball since March 11th. Shot 198 with a seven pin that slid over into the 8 spot on the 12th ball to lose by 1. Game 2 couldn't strike on the left lane the entire game for a 177. Then game 3, got it together for a 266. Not too shabby but bowling with a mask was challenging.

Been a bit since I updated. After 2 good weeks had a horrible week. Barely shot 700 for 4 with one lane playing like an extremely burned up sport pattern and the other like normal. Sure messed with my head and I didn't adjust very well to that, neither did anyone else on our pair.

289 to start for the next week, stuck just a bit so ball got a bit fast and left a 10 pin. Finished up this night with just a few more so-so game and 872 total.

Another pretty good night the following week with 880. Nothing stellar, just good consistent games.

Most recent week 835. Bad game to finish out the night with 179.

Spare shooting has been on fire since getting back at it. Have not missed a single pin leave. 57/57 on single pins and 28/28 on 10 pins.

Of all makeable leaves, I am 81/86. (y)

Well my league didn't last long. Bowled once and then the following week govenor shut down "family entertainment" in about 13 counties for next 3 weeks. I'd prefer they just end this now and start a summer league if they open back up. We lost 4 out of 24 teams as it was and now after this may lose more.

Has everyone started their fall leagues? We moved to a new league night, the old league had pretty much died. This league has 16 teams so it's nice to have more teams for a change.

Last night was our 7th week. I got off to a good start this year, averaging 201, but last night was a disaster. 169-162-192 and dropped my average 4 pins.

We're going into our 6th week in the two leagues I'm in. Both leagues this year are limited to 12 teams where there would normally be 24. This allows for some social distancing between matches--two lanes empty between each match. I'm not sure how effective that really is. A few wear masks, but most do not. I try to keep a little distance between myself and others and usually hang behind the lane area and only enter when it's my turn to bowl. I'm not sure how effective that is either, but, so far I haven't heard of anyone getting Covid in either league.

Yes, we are into our 7th week here. I had in prior years been in 2-3 leagues each week and I dropped that down to be in just 1 this year. Not just because of Covid, but because my interest in the game has waned a bit since playing golf regularly beginning last summer. My average has suffered from it as well, have dropped 13 pins in average in the same time frame also. Just not getting any practice in and my accuracy on the lanes has suffered. Only bright spot is that I now get some handicap. Has been a few years since I have gotten any sticks. Single pin conversion rate has increased though. Seems I am getting more practice at those just by nature of my strike percentage dropping. :ROFLMAO:

My one league is a trios league and is a 2nd shift league that is after a 4 per team league. We do have to wear masks in the center per state mandate, and try to social distance as much as possible.

In just 1 league again this year. We started a few weeks ago and I have started out pretty hot. The average right now is 215, but the whole season is coming to an end next wednesday when I get my left knee replaced and then the right knee replaced in early December.

In just 1 league again this year. We started a few weeks ago and I have started out pretty hot. The average right now is 215, but the whole season is coming to an end next wednesday when I get my left knee replaced and then the right knee replaced in early December.
Oh man! Best of luck with your procedures 👊

Back