Brag about your kids

Daughter (oldest) graduated from UMD in May with a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering. Started her job in July with NAVAIR as a GS11 equivalent scientist position. Pretty awesome to have a job in your field right out of school. Had an academic scholarship through DoD that covered all college expenses, in exchange for equivalent time "paid back" after graduating.
Son is starting his Junior year of high school, varsity baseball player, umpires baseball and softball for a job, plays drums in the school Jazz Ensamble, and is on track to compete for the same scholarship program his sister had. Just need to get him golfing more...

15E390B9-7B37-4823-88DD-550016245C60.jpeg
Took these two crazies on a cruise a couple weeks ago. They did great on the flight to Florida and on the cruise! We were a little worried how they would do (5 and 3) but they did great. They even took a nice picture on the ship!

Son had a golf lesson yesterday and even when you can tell he his struggling focusing with his ADHD he tries his best to pay attention. He picks up quickly what he is taught and had some great shots. It's time to start looking for JR clubs for him since his are awful because he really does have passion for the game.

Son had a golf lesson yesterday and even when you can tell he his struggling focusing with his ADHD he tries his best to pay attention. He picks up quickly what he is taught and had some great shots. It's time to start looking for JR clubs for him since his are awful because he really does have passion for the game.
Good for your son! Love it!

How old is he?

Pretty excited for our son.

He's in the 4th grade and made it on the middle school golf team. He got to play in the teams first match.

He scored second in their group, 2nd on the team and 3rd over all between all middle school competitors that match.

So proud of him!

Our 9y/o whipped my bottom in wedge play today and I was doing exceptionally well, but not this well. 🤯🤯🤯

20220821_101958.jpg
20220821_100616.jpg

Our 9y/o hit every par 3 GIR today.... I almost did 🤣🤣🤣🤣
20220821_091915.jpg

My only child is 21 and tomorrow is the first day of her last year of nursing school.

Proud dad moment. Our 9 y/o son who's in the 4th grade really wanted to play on the middle school golf team this year (6th-8th grade) Not only did he make it, but he became a leader on the team.

He helped with their putting by bringing training aids, he encouraged his team mates when they had a tough round, he was the first one at practice and the last one to leave and he always had a smile on his face.

He scored well enough to play in every match this season. Yesterday his team won the City Tournament and he finished 4th overall in the city.

I'm beyond proud of him for his accomplishments in golf, but more so for who he's becoming.....

Encourage your kids to chase their dreams. When you do, be by their side. Not only will they thrive, but they'll know your actions mean you want to see them achieve their goals too.

20220929_182013(0).jpg
20220929_163538.jpg20220929_183103.jpg

Last edited:
My only child is 21 and tomorrow is the first day of her last year of nursing school.

That's awesome. I'm very partial to the nursing profession as my wife went back to school in her early 30's in a total career change and became an RN. The nursing profession has so many opportunities and avenues that I had no idea existed. My wife is actually an NP now and just accepted a new position w/ Team Health in where she basically runs her own facility (sorry for brag about spouse.. I know this is kids thread). Your daughter's future is so bright... Congrats to that young lady!!!

Proud dad moment. Our 9 y/o son who's in the 4th grade really wanted to play on the middle school golf team this year (6th-8th grade) Not only did he make it, but he became a leader on the team.

He helped with their putting by bringing training aids, he encouraged his team mates when they had a tough round, he was the first one at practice and the last one to leave and he always had a smile on his face.

He scored well enough to play in every match this season. Yesterday his team won the City Tournament and he finished 4th overall in the city.

I'm beyond proud of him for his accomplishments in golf, but more so for who he's becoming.....

Encourage your kids to chase their dreams. When you do, be by their side. Not only will they thrive, but they'll know your actions mean you want to see them achieve their goals too.

View attachment 9124177
View attachment 9124178View attachment 9124179

My man @hadi05... That is so amazing I'm having a tough time putting it into words. Love following your son's journey. Just remind him every day that it is a great day to have a great day and to also be great as he is!!!!

Just taking time to go back through this thread and am reminded that it is my favorite thread on here.

My kids 28/30 have grown up to be far better people than I can hope to be. They never cease to impress me.
I'm thankful for that every day.
It is a pretty humbling thing to sit back and ask "where the hell did they get that <<insert decent trait here>> from, it certainly wasn't me" 😄😄

That's awesome. I'm very partial to the nursing profession as my wife went back to school in her early 30's in a total career change and became an RN. The nursing profession has so many opportunities and avenues that I had no idea existed. My wife is actually an NP now and just accepted a new position w/ Team Health in where she basically runs her own facility (sorry for brag about spouse.. I know this is kids thread). Your daughter's future is so bright... Congrats to that young lady!!!

My man @hadi05... That is so amazing I'm having a tough time putting it into words. Love following your son's journey. Just remind him every day that it is a great day to have a great day and to also be great as he is!!!!

I tell him that everyday @bigbov

I just want to say how proud I am of my guy! Since he was around six years old, all he ever wanted to do was play snare for the high school Drumline. He really thought he had a shot last year, but his instructor wanted him to remain in the bass line as the section leader, so he could lead by strong example. But this year he’s on snare, and he is absolutely killing it. He’s the only new snare player this year, everyone else already has at least one year of experience, so he really put a lot of pressure on himself to live up to their standard, and he has been complemented multiple times by multiple instructors to me & his mom. I love seeing him out there doing what he enjoys doing the most!

87102038-F0F2-4576-9C81-9BA9D462DEA3.png
85D30097-9368-4207-B21C-7E51E7525F65.jpeg
B148C5C8-F6D2-422E-A30C-14EFA03EC451.jpeg(That’s him all the way to the right!)

My little guy is finding his own way and he must be doing a good job at being a good teammate. The #1 bags a has been asking the coach to find a way to get my son a spot for the district match. He was #3 on the team this year so he didn’t qualify. The top kid is near scratch and it’d be easy for him to just go out and showcase his talent. So campaigning for my son leads me to believe my son’s been a good teammate on the course. It’s also not lost on me that the #1 bag is also showing some traits that I hope my son recognizes and copies. Even if it doesn’t happen I’m proud and happy for those actions.

My wife has started teaching herself Italian using Duolingo and my nearly 5 year old son is obsessed with it. This morning he asked me "Dada, do you know Italian?" When I told him that I did not, he proceeded to start teaching me all the words he has learned. Kid has a near photographic memory for things he sees or is explained to him.

I fear that the 529 account I set up for him is not going to be enough for where he is heading!

Crazy turn of events this week. My oldest daughter’s team needed a keeper this week bc her normal keeper was sick and couldn’t play. The team doesn’t have a backup goalie and given how our keeper program has been thinned out with girls advancing to upper levels, that only two girls left who could fill in. One was already playing at that time needed and the other is my 11 yr old who plays keeper. Long story short my 11 yr had to be a guest keeper for my oldest daughters team who are 13 and 14 yr olds. That may not seem like a big deal, but at this age that is huge. Also my youngest has only been training/playing as a keeper since June.

long story short, she stepped in and played amazing. The pressure was on bc my oldest is in 2nd place and they were playing the team right below them in the standings. This was a huge game where at least a draw was needed and if we secured 3pts, even better. Honestly I expected my youngest to be overwhelmed and fold. She was jumping two levels of play and roughly three age groups. The ball will come out faster, harder and with more movement. She held her own and made some key saves when needed. They were losing 2-0 all the way up to 3 min left in the game when they scored two goals in 2 minutes (my oldest scored one of them.) the best part my youngest made a key save and punt to get the ball out to the wingers and created a scoring run.

as a dad seeing them play on the same team at the club soccer level was amazing and humbling at the same time. Proud doesn’t even begin to describe what my wife and I feel right now

8E54C45F-43E2-45BD-9058-F2C32F4D9BBE.jpeg

7424E431-FBDB-4F3D-AFC8-03D34268A835.jpeg

Our high school's marching band season ended this past weekend, the kids won two major regional championships last weekend and then their SIXTH national title in a row this past weekend.

But for me, the best part was one of the instructors pulling me aside yesterday to tell me how much he loves teaching my son, and he's the type of kid that's kept him in education for nearly 30 years. He told me how teachable my son is, how hard he works, and how he's just an all around great kid to have in the program. I'm so proud of the person he's become!!

314676091_10167100324055089_7389056359687377461_n.jpg

My wife, my son, and I post performance.

314608250_10167098530585089_1519269317458707274_n.jpg

The entire drumline & one of their instructors with the championship banner (my son on the lower right).

Kid brought home his mid year testing/evaluation. Scored a 5 in most math and science, 3 is on grade level, 4 is advanced, and 5 is exceptionally advanced. In English which he finds boring mostly 2s and 3s because he just doesn't care. Does score 4s in vocab and spelling though.

Back