Branson (Fireball) 2016 gathering

So me and Ron play ozark national and buffalo ridge today. Ozark national is amazing and buffalo ridge is great as always.
The golf is not cheap but it’s work every penny in my book.
I wonder if there would be any interest in a fall gathering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on when in the Fall with Zak’s wedding...
But I’m interested.

Count me in if you put something together. The only course I have not played yet is Ozarks National, hopefully be playing that within the next month or so. For you guys that played Buffalo Ridge to three or four years ago, it has been much improved visually in the last 18 months or so. I really think Branson is going to become one of the top Golf destination areas in the Midwest once Payne’s Valley is completed.

So me and Ron play ozark national and buffalo ridge today. Ozark national is amazing and buffalo ridge is great as always.

Definitely interested an a fall gathering!! I love Buffalo Ridge and usually get to play it a couple/few times each year. Interested in how you and Ron would rank Ozarks National vs Buffalo Ridge as I've not play ON yet. Playing both in one day must've been awesome.

I'd be a firm maybe. Depends on when the dates fall with my son's Navy graduation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Definitely interested an a fall gathering!! I love Buffalo Ridge and usually get to play it a couple/few times each year. Interested in how you and Ron would rank Ozarks National vs Buffalo Ridge as I've not play ON yet. Playing both in one day must've been awesome.

Ozark National is better than buffalo ridge, and that is saying a lot. It has the best fairways I have ever played. I would rank it with Dormie Club (Crenshaw core in pinehurst area)
As you know it’s on the high side of the ridge and when the wind comes up it is really tough. I know some complain about the price but that is very much personal opinion. We played ozark national and buffalo ridge yesterday and it was 260 for both. To me that is very competitive price considering what both of those courses are.

I prefer Ozark National by a WIDE margin. I think Buffalo Ridge is beautiful and more aesthetically pleasing but you can land a 747 in most of the fairways and I just find it to be more of a bombs away course. I prefer a course that punishes mishits and makes you work for your good holes which Ozark National does imo.

Price wise if either of those courses was in a different part of the country they would probably cost double so if I was local I would consider myself pretty lucky to have those in my backyard for their cheap price.

maybe shane will invite me

still has yet to. Probably just sick of getting his butt kicked and sand castles built on him.

I just got invited to come visit. He must really hate you.

I just got invited to come visit. He must really hate you.

I demanded one be sent by mail, with a list of food and beverage options. Apparently, that's just too much work. Perhaps I'll just crash with you.

Ozark National is better than buffalo ridge, and that is saying a lot. It has the best fairways I have ever played. I would rank it with Dormie Club (Crenshaw core in pinehurst area)
As you know it’s on the high side of the ridge and when the wind comes up it is really tough. I know some complain about the price but that is very much personal opinion. We played ozark national and buffalo ridge yesterday and it was 260 for both. To me that is very competitive price considering what both of those courses are.

Thanks for your take Shane, yours too Ron and 2BFast. Dang, that's a pretty substantial package discount deal. I need to do it that way ASAP before it gets too hot. I took advantage of the Memorial Day active duty/mil retirees deal and played Rivercut for free yesterday. I was surprised that it wasn't soggy at all.

Last edited:

Count me in

Seeing the Payne's Valley Cup today makes me reminisce... good times my friends.

Seeing the Payne's Valley Cup today makes me reminisce... good times my friends.

Good times. Ozarks National looked great too at the Champions Tour a few weeks ago.

Seeing this thread pop up makes me smile. Damn, can't believe its been 4 years.

This one popped up on my Google Photos feed... Crazy that it's been 5 years since this absolutely epic weekend!

Back