Branson (Fireball) 2016 gathering

Looks like I'm driving back Monday night now so hoping to get the golf in on Sunday. Who all is in (obviously pending weather forecasts once we get closer)?

If weather is good I would come down.
Just FYI the Crenshaw core is amazing, got to ride around it on a cart a couple months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Especially if the C&C course is as great as I expect it will be people would be hard pressed to find 4 better courses than Buffalo Ridge, Ledgestone, BH and the C&C course all in one area. Fabulous golf.

Last edited:
Especially if the C$C course is as great as I expect it will be people would be hard pressed to find 4 better courses than Buffalo Ridge, Ledgestone, BH and the C$C course all in one area. Fabulous golf.

And add Payne’s Valley (Tigers Course next year) it’s on the valley side, right side when we were driving into buffalo ridge

What's the name of the C&C course you're talking about? Is it open now?

What's the name of the C&C course you're talking about? Is it open now?

Ozarks National, supposed to open in a few days (1 NOV). You already looked into that one and pointed out the $150 intro rate.

Ozarks National, supposed to open in a few days (1 NOV). You already looked into that one and pointed out the $150 intro rate.
Gotcha. Just wasn't putting 2 and 2 together.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m buddies with the pro at Ledgestone so I’d hope I could get somewhat cheaper rounds there as well but can’t promise anything. I’m a bit of a homer for his course and I consider it the finest in the area but he would hurt me if I didn’t say that!!!

You mind seeing if you can get us a preferred rate on Ledgestone on Sunday or Monday before Thanksgiving? If it's Monday, I'd prefer early, around 0730-0800, but Sunday could be anytime. I'll be bringing my 14 y/o so if there's any Jr. rate, he should at least qualify for that. I think two tee times are enough, but once you secure some times, we'll see who all will pipe up and confirm they're coming.

It was pretty out yesterday, windy, but nice for this time of year, so I got down to get another round in at Buffalo Ridge. I'm really pulling for winter to hold off for the pre-Thanksgiving round. Unsure what grasses you play on OGPF but our zoysia fairways are going dormant now but play awesome regardless. The greens were the fastest I've ever seen them at Buffalo Ridge, just perfect.

pic #1 is view from blue tee at par 4 5th and shows dormant grass. pic does not capture just how elevated that box is, you actually need to carry tee shot over 200 just to reach fairway despite how it looks.

pic #2 was shot from 10th tee and shows some of the holes really coming in nicely on Tiger's Payne Valley (opens in 2019-supposedly)
PoldP4f.jpg

blaq9GG.jpg

Not sure what kind of grass I'm on here, but it'll be dormant soon, too.
9d79637d88bae61074575753e7263802.jpg

Hole number 7
e1dc0a248dccb0ff48f14e175385ecb6.jpg

OG, looks like Bermuda

It was pretty out yesterday, windy, but nice for this time of year, so I got down to get another round in at Buffalo Ridge. I'm really pulling for winter to hold off for the pre-Thanksgiving round. Unsure what grasses you play on OGPF but our zoysia fairways are going dormant now but play awesome regardless. The greens were the fastest I've ever seen them at Buffalo Ridge, just perfect.

pic #1 is view from blue tee at par 4 5th and shows dormant grass. pic does not capture just how elevated that box is, you actually need to carry tee shot over 200 just to reach fairway despite how it looks.

pic #2 was shot from 10th tee and shows some of the holes really coming in nicely on Tiger's Payne Valley (opens in 2019-supposedly)
PoldP4f.jpg

blaq9GG.jpg

Someday I will get back up there!

Someday I will get back up there!

I like your thinking Phil. Might need to stay longer next trip up though, more courses.

@BlueDevilRef, can you help out below?

You mind seeing if you can get us a preferred rate on Ledgestone on Sunday or Monday before Thanksgiving? If it's Monday, I'd prefer early, around 0730-0800, but Sunday could be anytime. I'll be bringing my 14 y/o so if there's any Jr. rate, he should at least qualify for that. I think two tee times are enough, but once you secure some times, we'll see who all will pipe up and confirm they're coming.

That's a win win deal. Thanks BDR.

PoldP4f.jpg

blaq9GG.jpg
Gosh I love that course

Hell yeah! I'm in for 2.

I guess I'll need to make tee times soon. Is everyone good with noon on Sunday? I think I'll make two times and depending on how many decide to make the trip, I might end up cancelling one.

Noon would be good for me. Hope we get a decent day for it.

Ummm. I’m down to play with y’all soon but it’s deer season next two weekends. I’m out for anything this month.

Ummm. I’m down to play with y’all soon but it’s deer season next two weekends. I’m out for anything this month.
Bow or rifle? Wanna take a THPer hunting?

Rifle. I don’t bow hunt. Never was a family thing and I’m too lazy to start now. Ha!

If y’all do play this weekend, bundle up. Gonna be cold. Most courses around here have already said they will be closed due to cold temps

Rifle. I don’t bow hunt. Never was a family thing and I’m too lazy to start now. Ha!

If y’all do play this weekend, bundle up. Gonna be cold. Most courses around here have already said they will be closed due to cold temps
I never have bow hunted either, but I think it'd be fun to try.

Haven't rifle hunted since ~2010, but would love to get out again.

Back