Branson (Fireball) 2016 gathering

I'm guessing you've been following the Ledgestone weather forecast for Sunday 18th too OG. Looked decent maybe 10 days ago, 50s sunny, but it seemed to go downhill recently. For the last several days the projected highs were usually 30-40, sometimes called for snow rain mix. Today, they at least backed off their call for snow but still looking at rain (40%) and high at 40 with 6-10 mph north winds.

On the plus side Ledgestone has more holes in sheltered valleys than the other Branson tracks to help with winds. Negative is the coldest air settles into those valleys and they remain damper than the exposed areas. Is this still something you're doing? Anyone else?

I'm guessing you've been following the Ledgestone weather forecast for Sunday 18th too OG. Looked decent maybe 10 days ago, 50s sunny, but it seemed to go downhill recently. For the last several days the projected highs were usually 30-40, sometimes called for snow rain mix. Today, they at least backed off their call for snow but still looking at rain (40%) and high at 40 with 6-10 mph north winds.

On the plus side Ledgestone has more holes in sheltered valleys than the other Branson tracks to help with winds. Negative is the coldest air settles into those valleys and they remain damper than the exposed areas. Is this still something you're doing? Anyone else?

I still have not made a tee time yet. I need to call and make one just in case the forecast changes. I'd prefer upper 40's, but wouldn't be opposed to lower 40's if it stays dry between now and then. Just gonna have to play it by ear.

Monday's weather looks more conducive to a decent round. Can anyone make it Monday @ noon?

@Daddio, @BlueDevilRef, @sposey013168 and anyone else interested, I made 1200 and 1210 tee times for Sunday and Monday, the 18th and 19th. Both will work with the toy + $25 deal posted earlier. I could even do earlier Monday, if necessary. I think they had tee times open as early as 0900. I realize Sunday will work for more people's schedules, but is anyone interested in playing Monday instead? Weather look much nicer on Monday so if that's doable for you guys, it's gonna be best.

We can play Sunday by ear. If the weather doesn't look doable on Saturday's forecast for Sunday afternoon, then I'll canx those tee times and hope for Monday.

Thanks for working on this OG. I'll play on Monday, whatever time suits you. Given the weather I'd also ask if they anticipate frost delays. Ledgestone has several front nine greens that probably won't see thawing sun for those 9AM tee times they list due to topography. I apologize for wimping out on Sunday but 30s with a N wind doesn't sound awesome. I'll PM you my contact info.

Last edited:
Thanks for working on this OG. I'll play on Monday, whatever time suits you. Given the weather I'd also ask if they anticipate frost delays. Ledgestone has several front nine greens that probably won't see thawing sun for those 9AM tee times they list due to topography. I apologize for wimping out on Sunday but 30s with a N wind doesn't sound awesome. I'll PM you my contact info.

Hey, I am with you. That's why I made tee times for both days. I figured if no one else could play on Monday, then I'd bear the elements with you guys on Sunday, but since you're in, I'll just have to hope the others can, too. I'm going to cancel the Sunday times now. We'll keep Monday @ 1200 and 1210. I figured noon would be a good time to start for temperatures and it should still give us plenty of daylight to get the round in. I'll cancel the 1210 if we don't get enough for it. If we get 5 of us, then we can go off as a fivesome (I doubt there'll be any issue with it since their tee time sheet is WIDE OPEN. If they don't like that, then we'll go as a 2 and 3 and I might swap at the turn so I get to play with all you guys for 9 holes. My 14 year old will be with me so we're at 3 now. Looking forward to it!

EDIT: Sunday is cancelled now. Hopefully, the other guys can make it Monday.

Last edited:
Just went through the 2016 outing posts again.....

that was fun.

350c1f75faff944d9ca93f9d6e4fbbcb.jpg

that was fun.

Every moment of that weekend was fun buddy.

Glad we got to share a cart for a round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that was fun.

Want to meet in MO for some golf??? We need a golfing reunion you and I!!!

Can’t tell if serious........you know the rest.

I seriously enjoyed you pushing the golf cart.
I seriously enjoyed watching you mash the ball
I seriously enjoyed getting to play 2 sometimes 3 shots before arriving at your tee shot....

Seriously.

I seriously enjoyed you pushing the golf cart.
I seriously enjoyed watching you mash the ball
I seriously enjoyed getting to play 2 sometimes 3 shots before arriving at your tee shot....

Seriously.
Back still hurts....and wasn’t from pushing the cart up a 100 foot hill.....into the wind.....w/ the break on.

Back still hurts....and wasn’t from pushing the cart up a 100 foot hill.....into the wind.....w/ the break on.

The brake on?
Cmon man, no one had the break on....

Next time we do this, we'll have to get a new thread. I realize this one got hijacked a while back. I'm sorry for that.

Anyone else gonna join @Daddio, my son, and me for a round Monday @ noon @ Ledgestone?

Guess it's just gonna be me, my kid, and Daddio for the round on Monday. We still have plenty of room if others can make it. Speak up because I wanna give them a heads up to canx the other tee time tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Haven't seen much from you lately (at least in this thread). Just wanted to make sure you know we have a 1200 tee time tomorrow at Ledgestone here in Branson. Daddio and I will be teeing it up with my 14 year old so room for you if you wanna join. Looks like we're planning to meet around 1045-1100.

Haven't seen much from you lately (at least in this thread). Just wanted to make sure you know we have a 1200 tee time tomorrow at Ledgestone here in Branson. Daddio and I will be teeing it up with my 14 year old so room for you if you wanna join. Looks like we're planning to meet around 1045-1100.

To cold for me tomorrow

We braved the cold temps and made it through the round. High was ~39° instead of the 48° that was forecasted. No worries, Daddio's company was worth the cold. It was definitely worth the trip.

While neither I nor my son played well, we both had fun and hit a few good shots here and there. I can see that Ledgestone would be a great course in better conditions.

Hope to be able to make an event happen up there next spring/summer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It was indeed a good time OG, thank you for coming down and making this round happen. It'll be even better next time. Nicer weather, more golfers, more rounds at more courses, etc...
I probably should warn anyone with skin in the Oklahoma high school arena to look out for OG's boy. The worse the situation he ended up in the brighter his creativity and talent shined. Several truly amazing shots from nearly impossible lies. Add in his attitude (at just 14), on a nasty day and a course that was handing it to him pretty good, he remained positive and enjoyable to the end. He's going to be a force IMO.

So me and Ron play ozark national and buffalo ridge today. Ozark national is amazing and buffalo ridge is great as always.
The golf is not cheap but it’s work every penny in my book.
I wonder if there would be any interest in a fall gathering?

So me and Ron play ozark national and buffalo ridge today. Ozark national is amazing and buffalo ridge is great as always.
I really wish I could but I don't think this is a year where I can swing it financially or with PTO. #depressedtomissit

I really wish I could but I don't think this is a year where I can swing it financially or with PTO. #depressedtomissit

Not saying it would happen, but it could be doable

I was down there this weekend myself. Played Top of the Rock and Ozarks National Sunday and Mountain Top yesterday. As I have also played Buffalo Ridge and Top of the Rock before, here are my thoughts on all these. Ozarks National was really cool, par 3's were great. One either needs to play it with someone that has played it before or with GPS knowing where to hit it as there are quite a bit of blind tee shots. My GPS didnt pick it up because its so new. Conditions were fantastic, layout is great. It was very fun. But, I don't believe its $195 course.......yet. I would give it 4-5 years to mature before I would spend that there again. I would play Buffalo Ridge 10 times over for better views and cheaper price as it stands today. Although I believe Ozarks National is the cheapest Coor/Crenshaw course in the country.

Mountain Top........f*cking amazing. I cant say enough about Mountain Top. I like that its a walking course, as that allows you to really take in all the views. And its not hard to walk at all. The views and the layout are spectacular. The whole thing makes for a really relaxing round. The 9 hole putting course is really fun too. Comparing this to Top of the Rock. I would play Mountain Top 10 times over for MUCH cheaper price and the views are better in my opinion. For $60 bucks compared to $135 and Mountain Top is 13 holes compared to 9. The lady in the pro shop hit it on the head though, she said Top of the Rock is like going to candy land, and Mountain Top is for the views.

Paynes Valley is coming together though! Cant wait to play that next year. Big Cedar is becoming one hell of a golf destination. Playing these in the fall would be epic

Yeeeeeeeeeeees

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back