Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Par

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Bogey

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've never looked so forward to being abused by a course. The good news is it seems like there is a lot of "don't miss right" which isn't something I generally struggle with.

I hope the pin is up front every time I am there.
I have requested it be up front for at least one of our rounds to watch the carnage.
Comedy Cbc GIF by Run The Burbs

🤣

Prolly end up on the downslope off the tee... skull my second into the back left bunker, out of the bunker to 30 feet and three putt.... :oops: :ROFLMAO:

I don’t think there was a line to keep the ball close to the hole unless it hit the pin lol

All I will say is I know for a fact this was one of my contributing holes in best ball
Hitting the pin is the play.

I hope the pin is up front every time I am there.
I have requested it be up front for at least one of our rounds to watch the carnage.
Carnage will ensue

I've never looked so forward to being abused by a course. The good news is it seems like there is a lot of "don't miss right" which isn't something I generally struggle with.
I’d say there’s a lot of “don’t” miss lol. Right is probably slightly more penalizing on many homes though. The frustrating thing is you have a decent chance at finding a wayward shot but it doesn’t mean you’ll be able to hit it

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
I'm hoping to get out of this one with a bogey. Hit driver and hope I get down on that flatter landing spot. If I land anywhere on the downslope, I'm going to be in for a bad hole.

I don’t think there was a line to keep the ball close to the hole unless it hit the pin lol

All I will say is I know for a fact this was one of my contributing holes in best ball
For sure! You had this hole down, we had adventures getting there, but this is your bread and butter

For sure! You had this hole down, we had adventures getting there, but this is your bread and butter
Now I'm jinxed

This played as the hardest hole for me. I always seemed to have a sidehill downhill approach for my second shot to that elevated green. Short-the ball rolls all the way back. Long, with a front pin and forget about it.

Good bogey hole. Putt, chip, putt after a GIR isn’t out of question. Not hitting GIR is definitely possible. Bogey and I’m content.

From the looks of it, I’m thinking I take my 2 hybrid off the tee and leave myself back from the bunker. It should put me at my gap wedge range which tends to be my favorite. I’m thinking I can pull off a par here. I’m sure that means a double is incoming 😆

I really enjoyed hole #5. I am normally not a huge fan of uphill approaches, but with all the bunkers framing things, I just found that visual really pretty.

The tee shot encourages you to blast one over the bunker to what becomes a really wide landing area with more downhill slopes to take you closer. If you get in trouble off the tee, even laying a second shot down into that same valley is not to bad.

The uphill approach is the trickier part, although the green doesn't have a false front or huge problems as long as you land it up there somewhere. However, if you land it just short, like I did on Tuesday, it will roll 50 yards back down the fairway leaving an uphill chip that was great for practicing Vokey magic, but probably not advisable.

Caddies were also really good about giving the advice of playing a bit left or right of certain pins to catch side slopes. There is kind of a lower left area on this green (if memory serves) that had a bit of a bowl effect. Again, I think they did a good job here of not making the green ridiculously hard given the approach up the hill.

I was often just using the adjusted yardage numbers the caddies provided, but this was one I remember being a bit surprised didn't require more yardage adjustment than it did (maybe 10-12 yards or so) from the bottom of the hill coming up.

We played the Black tee here at 378 yards on the card.

Last edited:
I should par this one or better if lucky. I am not worried about those fairway bunkers. I am going deep. If I end up there so be it. The shot from them is close enough I should have no issue being on in 2.

Here's that approach up #5...the bunkering just gives it some great definition in my eyes.

IMG_6927.jpeg

Back