Review Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Tour Putter Shaft Review

Thank you for the tips. Install was pretty easy.
You’re totally welcome. Looks daunting, but it’s easy peasy for sure (y)

Mine arrived as well

epoxied the stub in the head this morning and about to go out and put it in the shaft. I use tour set so I will be able to cut to length and grip it this afternoon and play it tomorrow.

I think I will go to 35.50" on this one and see how that feels, 35" is what I have been playing but I do like to be a bit more upright to save the back.

Last edited:
Gotta say, the shaft does look pretty bad arse....

Waiting for my new grip today and will also hopefully be playing tomorrow.

Yep I like all blacked out look with the black Palm Beach

It’s pretty foolproof. The shaft will come with a 9” steel tip section that will also have to be epoxied, internally it will only insert so far so no worries with insertion depth. You can also use the shaft on the putter already if you want, you just have to cut it at the 9” mark. If you use the tip it comes with, just epoxy the shaft together and also the tip to the hosel/neck. It’s butt cut to length (y)

Wait... I can use the shaft already in there? That's a game changer for me. 9" from the top of the putter head on a double bend I'm guessing?

Wait... I can use the shaft already in there? That's a game changer for me. 9" from the top of the putter head on a double bend I'm guessing?
Yes. 9”

16034820755721050975714528838731.jpg

1603482146547293552127955303063.jpg

16034822039185878776089223850935.jpg

16034822415583146975029748908630.jpg

Ran to the course to try out the stability tour in my Scotty Phantom 12.

It looks awesome.
Feel: definitely added a more firm feel to my putter. Which I personally like. The more I can hear a putter, the more I can get feels for it.
Hit a good few lag putts and shorties. Seems really nice. Excited to try and play it on course.

Played a round with the Palm Beach this morning on fairly slow greens and mad a couple of 10-12 ft putts but I have to agree it does seem to feel firmer but not a whole lot of difference. It came out at F3 SW so I may put the 20 gr weight in the head and see if that changes anything.

I did not check it before the install so no idea what it was before.

Wasnt able to play today, but ran to the putting green and range for a bit. I do like this setup quite a bit!

8BBCF797-C24D-4061-92A1-8FF24E55C4D8.jpeg

This sucker is weird, feels great on longer putts but no feel at all on the shorter ones. I will give it a few more rounds, but I am curious now how it would feel in the Atlanta without the Plumbers neck. Pretty sure the Atlanta would be a .370 since the shaft goes over the hosel not inside it like the Plumbers Neck. Anyone know for sure?

This sucker is weird, feels great on longer putts but no feel at all on the shorter ones. I will give it a few more rounds, but I am curious now how it would feel in the Atlanta without the Plumbers neck. Pretty sure the Atlanta would be a .370 since the shaft goes over the hosel not inside it like the Plumbers Neck. Anyone know for sure?
That seems odd. I would think great feel, is great feel...no? Not sure why long is much different from short.
The feel seems consistently the same for me, long or short.

More likely the feel between my ears, have to blame missing the short ones on something after all. But it was the same yesterday and today so who knows.

And I don't think it has great feel at all, to me just no feel. But maybe that is the added stiffness showing though. After playing the Stroke Lab for sl long in both putters it will take some work I think on my part.

Played Friday with the Atlanta with the Stroke Lab shaft and today with the Palm Beach with the BGT and I find I do like the feel of the Stability over the stroke lab, I now understand what @Jman means about it being different and it is very hard to explain.

I noticed it right away this morning that it just felt better, now two very different Putter heads but there is a difference for sure between the two shafts. Unfortunately I fell into a bottle of Bumbu last night and was not feeling so hot this morning so just a sloppy round of golf and frankly I didn't try very hard.

New Review on BGT Stability Tour Putter shaft is now up. @Jman has a detailed look at the latest addition to the lineup. Check it out on the home page here.

Cool stuff man, however as you mentioned the review was quite "subjective" I would love to see some of the numbers with this shaft and get involved myself in the testing if possible. I have been doing a bunch of research on multi material shafts, especially with the release of the new GOST shaft from MODUS which looks absolutely insane. But does it perform though? I have the same question about this putter shaft. I am sorry, but how can you charge $250 for a freaking putter shaft, that is outright stealing. It's a putter...it doesn't go under any actual stress nor does it have to be robust. I don't care what kind of tech is involved, that price tag resembles something of a gimmick. However, if the feel is as good as you claim, I would love to cross test it myself with some of my college buddies who have been doing this stuff as well. Would love to get involved somehow because I have lots of prior experience testing shafts and balls!

Enjoyed reading your review though, good stuff 🆒

Cool stuff man, however as you mentioned the review was quite "subjective" I would love to see some of the numbers with this shaft and get involved myself in the testing if possible. I have been doing a bunch of research on multi material shafts, especially with the release of the new GOST shaft from MODUS which looks absolutely insane. But does it perform though? I have the same question about this putter shaft. I am sorry, but how can you charge $250 for a freaking putter shaft, that is outright stealing. It's a putter...it doesn't go under any actual stress nor does it have to be robust. I don't care what kind of tech is involved, that price tag resembles something of a gimmick. However, if the feel is as good as you claim, I would love to cross test it myself with some of my college buddies who have been doing this stuff as well. Would love to get involved somehow because I have lots of prior experience testing shafts and balls!

Enjoyed reading your review though, good stuff 🆒
I appreciate the kind words on the article, it was a fun one to write.

Where data is concerned, that’s hard with a putter shaft, particularly without access to a GC Quad or SAM lab, additionally the data would still be based around one putting stroke and we are all different there. The best way to know more is still to find one to try, unfortunately price is definitely a hindrance there for most and understandably so.

As to the GOST, look on the homepage there as well, there’s a review on that too ;)(y)

Playing my first round with the Phantom/Stability Tour combo tomorrow here in Myrtle.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I appreciate the kind words on the article, it was a fun one to write.

Where data is concerned, that’s hard with a putter shaft, particularly without access to a GC Quad or SAM lab, additionally the data would still be based around one putting stroke and we are all different there. The best way to know more is still to find one to try, unfortunately price is definitely a hindrance there for most and understandably so.

As to the GOST, look on the homepage there as well, there’s a review on that too ;)(y)
Yessir good stuff. How did you get access to reviewing stuff, I really feel like I could share some good insight about any equipment if given the opportunity!

Two rounds now with the stability tour shaft.

I cant say its transformed my putting or anything of the sort.

I think it looks really cool and the feel is pretty good.

I’m happy with it, but also happy I didn’t pay full retail for it.

Two rounds now with the stability tour shaft.

I cant say its transformed my putting or anything of the sort.

I think it looks really cool and the feel is pretty good.

I’m happy with it, but also happy I didn’t pay full retail for it.
Solid, did you get it used? Also, what putter are you combining it with?

Back