Bridgestone Bringing Irons?

They could bring back the J15 right now and I would squeal.

That's how I feel about the J40 wedges. Those were fantastic and with a ton of performance.

Bridgestone blades always look clean, the 200mb looks really nice.

There’s a rumor that’s swirled a bit that Bridgestone might have a set of irons coming. Nothing as far as details besides forged and that fans of previous releases could be happy.

Definitely an interesting rumor, what do you all think?
I think that would be great news. Bstone needs to do something if they want to be thought of as more than just a golf ball company.f

I absolutely love my J15 irons.

That would be exciting. I know one course here is a little salty about their srixon rep getting changed and was thinking about going to Bridgestone. Would love to see some new sticks show up in there.

Loved the J33 MB, played some of my best golf when I was a Bridgestone staffer.

I play the JGR CBs which to many's dismay was the successor to the J15 CB. Unbeknownst to them, it's more forgiving, better feeling and longer then the J15 CB and any of it's predecessors. The cause of the disdain was centered on the amount of offset these irons introduced to the Bridgestone line. This enhanced offset is something that continues in the current 200 series irons. Even the 200MB better player's muscleback shown above has tons of offset and unless you're willing to reset your understanding of modern offset then you'd better look elsewhere. The other oddity is that they all appear to be cast.

Even at a favorable exchange rate these irons are pretty expensive and I get the niche factor (me) but these appear to be a tough sell all around.

J15 cb’s are one of the sets I really regret selling and if the releases them again I would have a set on order ASAP

I have a thing for Bridgestone irons so I would be on board with some new ones.

Yesssss!!!

Hope the rumors are true. Bridgestone made some great irons in the past.

V
V
V
V
V

Not my cup o' tea, but more options are always better. I know they had quite a following at one time, hopefully they can ascend to that again.

Still have my J15CB's with TourV 125 in them. Such a great combo!

This sounds outstanding!

Bridgestone has made some of the best irons I've ever played. From previous Tourstage models mr23 us spec, precept cb, 709 mc, ts 201, z101, to Bridgestone j40, j15 and tour b. I mean, they have produced some incredible products over the years. Some of my favorite shape irons of all time. Plus, some of the shapes of NCW are hugely inspired by Bridgestone (Tourstage). As you can tell, I'm a fan. Just wish they were better about marketing their products and getting them into fitter's hands.

I would be thrilled to see a new release of irons and wedges. The j15 wedges were some of my favorites as well.

I think this would be a really nice development. They produced some very nice irons back in the day.

One thing i distinctively remember about the Bridgestone Event a couple years ago......I litrally remember the quote:

Question: when are new irons coming?
Answer from Bridgestone staff: "ummm, IF they come back and thats a big IF....just look to Japan as its highly unlikely we would bring a USA specific iron back to market."

So, is it possible? Sure!!!! But its more than likely 99%+ already released / played / or going to be released in Japan / Asia. So....a rumor is just that. A rumor and whatever is coming, if anything, would certainly be a huge asian market release already or as well.

FWIW, this question was asked several times to several different people, including CEO Dan. If i remember his words correctly, he said : "We are focused more on our golf balls here in the usa. Not saying no, but it would already have been thought out strategically in asia as this market is far too competitive to bring out new clubs. We have a pretty huge market share over there however."

Take that for what its worth

Im sure @Gman79 @Nerdy_81 @djt311 and others may remember these comments as well.

One thing i distinctively remember about the Bridgestone Event a couple years ago......I litrally remember the quote:

Question: when are new irons coming?
Answer from Bridgestone staff: "ummm, IF they come back and thats a big IF....just look to Japan as its highly unlikely we would bring a USA specific iron back to market."

So, is it possible? Sure!!!! But its more than likely 99%+ already released / played / or going to be released in Japan / Asia. So....a rumor is just that. A rumor and whatever is coming, if anything, would certainly be a huge asian market release already or as well.

FWIW, this question was asked several times to several different people, including CEO Dan. If i remember his words correctly, he said : "We are focused more on our golf balls here in the usa. Not saying no, but it would already have been thought out strategically in asia as this market is far too competitive to bring out new clubs. We have a pretty huge market share over there however."

Take that for what its worth

Im sure @Gman79 @Nerdy_81 @djt311 and others may remember these comments as well.
Things change...

But sometimes they don’t....

:ROFLMAO:

While I think it would be cool. It feels too late to the party. They had a good thing with the J14 and the few releases after that. Then the lost it almost completely. Not really sure why.

But I will be that guys that says, “we have mizuno and srixon making awesome stuff”. “Who needs Bridgestone”? Just stick with the ball. Which is stellar..

Then the lost it almost completely. Not really sure why.

I can’t speak to any upcoming equipment or rumors but I agree with you here. Seemingly lost it...that was around the point Dan Murphy departed the company. Thankfully he has returned as CEO.

Bring back the J15esque CB experience, and I am thrilled!
As @Canadan said, bring back something like the J15 CB. Those were lovely.

Maybe let's just rebadge the J40 with a new name. It can be literally the same wedge. Don't care.
If they could bring back something similar to the J40DPC or J15CB I'd have a hard time not buying.
J40 DCB is still one of my favorite irons of all time. JGRHF1 were rocket launchers. So yeah, let's see what they have coming.
They could bring back the J15 right now and I would squeal.
J15 cb’s are one of the sets I really regret selling and if the releases them again I would have a set on order ASAP
Bridgestone has made some of the best irons I've ever played. From previous Tourstage models mr23 us spec, precept cb, 709 mc, ts 201, z101, to Bridgestone j40, j15 and tour b. I mean, they have produced some incredible products over the years. Some of my favorite shape irons of all time. Plus, some of the shapes of NCW are hugely inspired by Bridgestone (Tourstage). As you can tell, I'm a fan. Just wish they were better about marketing their products and getting them into fitter's hands.

I would be thrilled to see a new release of irons and wedges. The j15 wedges were some of my favorites as well.

You all should check out New Level. Their 902 is a good imitation of the J36/38/40 pocket cavity and the new PF-2 is pretty similar to the J15 CB. Both are single piece forged with CNC milling to shape the head and feel amazing. Well under $1k with most shafts.

902:
1614269035562.png
PF-2:
1614269101382.jpeg

Back