Bridgestone e12 Soft and e12 Speed Golf Balls

Collected some data on full short iron shots today with blades. For fun, pick which one is the E12 speed:

A:
fa1c5e716e21423a77d96228f5224dab.jpg

B:
94656a37adfd30c1ba7d565d4a9ddb7f.jpg

C:
f5cb6606e8b4836795da5e11df3fdbf2.jpg

Going with #3

Going with #3

You would be incorrect but that’s exactly why I posted it. I was in shock.

If I said it was a Bridgestone ball from 2018, could you guess what it is?

You would be incorrect but that’s exactly why I posted it. I was in shock.

If I said it was a Bridgestone ball from 2018, could you guess what it is?

Well 2018 is tour balls, so I would say RX. And it would surprise me. Fun test.

Well 2018 is tour balls, so I would say RX. And it would surprise me. Fun test.

Nailed it. I checked my hypotenuses and hit a few with it to make sure it wasn’t a fluke too.

But what I was surprised to see is that the E12 speed could get good spin numbers on full shots. I’ve pretty impressed based on testing so far, although there is plenty of testing to go.

Nailed it. I checked my hypotenuses and hit a few with it to make sure it wasn’t a fluke too.

But what I was surprised to see is that the E12 speed could get good spin numbers on full shots. I’ve pretty impressed based on testing so far, although there is plenty of testing to go.

That is really good info.

I'm not shocked that it got good spin on full shots TBH. During my own testing, it's when that shot becomes partial that it loses that spin that we tend to crave. But it is a good test and something that i feel most people over look, or hell, over think.

Collected some data on full short iron shots today with blades. For fun, pick which one is the E12 speed:

A:
fa1c5e716e21423a77d96228f5224dab.jpg

B:
94656a37adfd30c1ba7d565d4a9ddb7f.jpg

C:
f5cb6606e8b4836795da5e11df3fdbf2.jpg
B

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not shocked that it got good spin on full shots TBH. During my own testing, it's when that shot becomes partial that it loses that spin that we tend to crave. But it is a good test and something that i feel most people over look, or hell, over think.

Heck I know I over thought it. I’m sure partial shots lose a lot - I’ll need to do a bit more testing (aka have some fun, really twisting my arm here)

Yes sir (although the trick answer was already eliminated heh)
I have the balls, too. I didn't even consider C. It was either A or B.

Heck I know I over thought it. I’m sure partial shots lose a lot - I’ll need to do a bit more testing (aka have some fun, really twisting my arm here)

yeah it's a lot of fun to be able to see that stuff.

Hello - Ok back with some feedback. Really starting to like this ball, the e12 Soft, as I see more distance than the TB RX and the TB XS. My SS is 92-94 so the lower compression of the e12(I had read 50) and less spin really helps off the driver and irons. As for the short game it checked up just fine. Since its lower spinning than the other two tested it didnt spin as much, put I was fine with the green side performance. Since I'm always looking for distance I will take the extra few yards on the drives and fairways over less spin. Feel is nice, more of a muted thump I would say.
I have always been a big fan or Bridgestone and been playing them for as long as I can remember. Have had splashes with other balls, but always come back to Bridgestone. I think if you like the RX and would like more distance and a lower price point, the e12 Soft is a great option.
Plan to add more feed back as I get more playing time in.
Congrats on a job well done Bridgestone!

Weather is keeping me from getting on the course but I still have a GCQuad to hit on to compare balls.
Round 2 for the e12 Soft vs ERC Soft will be happening this week!

My swing has decided to abandon me this week, for some reason. I am getting nothing useful on the sim, and the 12" of snow is keeping me from testing in the wild.

Hopefully I figure out where my swing went off to, so I can contribute something meaningful this week.

Hope to get out on the course Thursday for some full swing testing. Between rain and the flu I haven't played a round in a month.

Really excited to get these to the course Thursday. Lots of golf coming this weekend as I hit the RTJ Trail and I plan to test these balls out on just about every kind of shot.

Really do not like the “rubbery” feel on the matte yellow. Do the white balls have same feel?

Love the RTJ Trail. Have fun.

At this rate I'm not sure if my knee is going to heal faster or if the weather is going to break here in Chicagoland to get to play golf....When I'm able to start swinging and playing, I'm really looking forward to testing these e12 soft ones out though.

Spent some sim time tonight and getting the groove back. Once I was confident, I again did a long drive with ProV1, TP5 and the e12 Soft. First two, 251, e soft, 264. All with low to mid 90s swing speed. Biggest difference is the e12 takes off some of the too much spin I put on the ball.

I may hit RTJ Trail myself (Oxmoor Valley) depending on how I'm swinging it.

Weather is keeping me from getting on the course but I still have a GCQuad to hit on to compare balls.
Round 2 for the e12 Soft vs ERC Soft will be happening this week!

Interested to hear your results. I tested (indoors) the e12 soft and the ERC and found that the ERC provided a little more spin off the irons and wedges. Did not test driver. ERC also seemed to get a little more distance.

I also liked the feel of the ERC off the putter - I'm using a Stroke Lab One putter so it's a face insert which tends to minimize the feel. However, I also tested using a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and liked the feel of the ERC a little more. Seemed to be more consistent on distance control when putting. I found it very similar to the Bridgestone Tour B RX which is what I have been using for a year now.

I'm headed to Laughlin, NV this weekend and will be taking some of both along for some on course testing. I'll post results when I get back.

Interested to hear your results. I tested (indoors) the e12 soft and the ERC and found that the ERC provided a little more spin off the irons and wedges. Did not test driver. ERC also seemed to get a little more distance.

I also liked the feel of the ERC off the putter - I'm using a Stroke Lab One putter so it's a face insert which tends to minimize the feel. However, I also tested using a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and liked the feel of the ERC a little more. Seemed to be more consistent on distance control when putting. I found it very similar to the Bridgestone Tour B RX which is what I have been using for a year now.

I'm headed to Laughlin, NV this weekend and will be taking some of both along for some on course testing. I'll post results when I get back.

Sounds good! I didn’t get a chance to hit them today on the simulator but I’ll try to get some numbers maybe later this week. I’m not too consistent so it could be a day to day performance leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back