Bridgestone e12 Soft and e12 Speed Golf Balls

I'm going back and forth between ProV1 and the e12 soft. I like the e12 soft better. I still play other balls, but only because I have them. e12 soft are the only balls I have purchased this year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Went through the test pack of e12 softs and came away liking the ball. I’m going to grab a pack of the speeds and see how those go here in the next week or so.

Really curious to see what ball they fit me in to during the event at Firestone in July

I liked the e12 soft so much that I recently wanted to try the “tour” ball and picked up the Bridgestone BX. I used them for a few rounds and went back to the e12 soft on Sunday. I still feel like one of their tour balls will fit me, but it wasn’t the BX. I love the feel of the e12 soft and they work well around the green. I mainly wanted to try the tour ball because I had played some very hard greens and the e12 were bouncing but I think the BX may have done the same. When I went to my normal course, I tried a few holes playing both the BX and the e12 and stayed with the e12. It wasn’t that the BX didn’t perform, just that I preferred the e12. Once I use up these BX and e12, I plan on trying the RX or RXS. There are also some Callaway I want to give a whirl, but I have been real happy with Bridgestone balls this season coming from the Kirkland I was using.

Bridgestone e12 Soft and e12 Speed Golf Balls

I put the last sleeve of my e12 speed test pack in play today. I’m a big fan of the ball off the tee. Ball go far, very far (evidence below). Distance and dispersion were impressive today (both being better than I have seen with the high end urethane balls I’ve played this year)

b7d1802d4466ddfcaa40fc0e07c357ea.jpg

On approach shots (both mid and short iron) I was getting a bit more rollout than I would hope to see from a ball I would game long-term. Considering the ball category that the e12 fits in, I expected it to be slightly lower spin so the rollout distances did not come as a surprise, and I would say they are on par or better than other distance balls in terms of approach shot performance.

On full and 3/4 wedge shots I was able to stop the ball stop the ball on a dime on the green, however I did not see any zip back action like I would see from the “tour” category balls. Greenside spin was also a bit lower than what I would hope for out of my gamer.

As much of a fan I am of this ball off the tee, my feelings of it on the green are the exact opposite. I thought I would be able to ignore it during the normal flow of play, but the ball has a very “clicky” sound that I do not enjoy (personal preference is a softer sound off the putter).

The performance of the e12 speed is well above average compared to other distance balls I have played in the past. With that being said, i prefer a bit more spin on approach/greenside shots and a softer sound off the putter, so it is not a ball that I would seek out and play long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it took me so long to post a review of the e12's. An injury prevented me from playing until last weekend.

So here we go: I played the callaway erc and the Bridgestone e12. I really did not like either. The erc's scoffed very easy. I went through 3 balls pretty quick. Usually I can use 1 ball for the whole round. 1 good thing about the erc's, they felt soft around the greens and putting. The e12's felt like I was hitting a rock. No feel, for me, at all. They were durable, I only used 1 ball.

Sorry

Sorry it took me so long to post a review of the e12's. An injury prevented me from playing until last weekend.

So here we go: I played the callaway erc and the Bridgestone e12. I really did not like either. The erc's scoffed very easy. I went through 3 balls pretty quick. Usually I can use 1 ball for the whole round. 1 good thing about the erc's, they felt soft around the greens and putting. The e12's felt like I was hitting a rock. No feel, for me, at all. They were durable, I only used 1 ball.

Sorry
Were you playing the e12 speed? I have not tried that one. I have given some of the e12 soft to golfing friends and two have said that they felt "mushy"

Edited to add: I saw that you received the e12 Speed in another thread. Thanks for the feedback. I wondered how those compared to the e12 soft.

Last edited:
Were you playing the e12 speed? I have not tried that one. I have given some of the e12 soft to golfing friends and two have said that they felt "mushy"

Edited to add: I saw that you received the e12 Speed in another thread. Thanks for the feedback. I wondered how those compared to the e12 soft.
What are your thoughts on the e12 soft? I usually play the callaway chrome soft....good feel on every club.

What are your thoughts on the e12 soft? I usually play the callaway chrome soft....good feel on every club.

I do really like them. As it gets warmer and our greens are getting firmer, I am trying others. This Sunday I am trying the Bridgestone B RX. I have a sleeve of the Chrome Soft 2018 Stars and Stripes that I plan to play after this round. I posted more detailed thoughts above on the e12 Soft, but I get good distance and hit the ball high so they seem to stop fine until the greens are really firm. I wanted a colorful ball because I have a hard time seeing white and I love the matte green and matte red in the Bridgestone. I can see the flight so much better.

I played my last e12 speed this past weekend and I saw a bit of durability issues. A really crisp, full wedge shot cut the cover pretty well. It died before it’s time.

I was fit into the E12 soft during the Bridgestone event at Firestone. Pre-event I had tried both the E12 soft and the Tour B RX as those were the two balls I "fit" into online depending on best results with driver (Tour B RX) or average to worse than average (E12).

I like to play a colored ball, I was playing the matte red Vice Pro Soft before getting into the event so I bought a dozen red E12 and a dozen yellow Tour B RX. For whatever reason I fell in love with the yellow of the Tour B RX and felt like the cover of the red E12 was funky. I don't know why I thought that per se, just that I didn't like it as much. Either way that was my thinking going into the event.

Like I said, I was then fit into the E12 soft and they were kind enough to give me a couple dozen balls. Some of those were sacrificed to the golf gods at Firestone (the golf gods are greedy buggers) but the rest I brought home to test out fully. These were the white balls and my perceived issue with the cover did not carry over to them so I've been able to game them with an open mind.

If I'm being honest, I really like the ball. It takes some of my side spin off and when I'm not swinging my best I really need that help. As others have noted it does roll out a bit more than the Tour B RX but outside of that it's a solid ball. The only time I think that roll out will effect me is on dry quick greens which we haven't seen much of here in Indiana so far this year. I do think I'll grab some more of the red or green balls to try out and I wish they had the same yellow as the Tour B RX, I really like that color but I'll stick with the E12 for a while since I'm sure it's a good fit for where my swing is right now.

So @TheHammer0711 gave me three sleeves of the E12 Speed balls a while back, thanks again, and I've finally gone through them and decided to post my impressions. I only used six of them, I gave the other sleeve to a friend who said he would let me know how they work for him ( I'll post his comments if he ever tells me his thoughts on the ball). For me, the ball went average to a bit above average distance off the driver, but was easily a full club long with my irons. They worked as expected around the greens (similar to the E6), and feel was fine putting. The only real problem I have with this ball is trajectory, I am already a low ball hitter, and these have a lower trajectory than just about any ball I've tried. I didn't get a chance to get any launch monitor data on them, but on the course the lower trajectory wasn't worth the added distance with my irons.

I'll probably try the E12 Soft sometime, as it should fit my game and swing speed better.

So are the E12 softs basically the old E6's?

I had a 2 ball test pack thanks to OLDPRO46 and haven't really had the urge to try them.
Well when my round started to "Swirl" after the 9th hole, I decided to lighten up a little bit and do some ball testing.
So I put the e12 Speed into play.
I have to be honest, I really like the ball, had my best drive with it and got some good distances from it on all of my clubs.
Think I could game the e12 speed if I wanted to and not lose too much.
Coming from V1x, it felt very similar in firmness.
I'd like to try them again to see how they would perform when I was in a better state of mind.

If you like these and want to win them, click here.

Tried the red e12 soft today. I only played it so no comparisons, but I can say it seems to go a long way off the tee. A few drives that I felt were not hit well produced surprising results. A well hit one into the wind was close to my personal best, and another with the wind was a personal best by a lot.

I hope to get to a practice green to see how they compare to pro v1s.
My short game was inconsistant today so I can not draw any real conclusions, but a few good pitches rolled out a bit.

The cover of the ball has a weird feel hard plastic like. As far as the feel of the club face nothing stood out, but the sound off the putter seemed different.

Of the 'cheaper' balls out there - found the E12 soft my favorite. Switch between it and the more premium Bridgestone RX.

I bought a dozen of these recently and put them in play today. I was extremely impressed. Durability was great. I was getting a solid 3/4 of an club extra distance on iron shots. Drives were reaching deep sections I don't regularly find. Approach shots ranged from stopping at the pitch mark (uphill gap wedge from about 120) to about 10 feet of roll out.

I went driver, Peltz shot to 4 feet, putt for birdie on 8. Then followed that up with a chip in for birdie on 9. I literally can't remember the last time I birdied back to back holes. Maybe never. Obviously, the scoring makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about a product but even that aside the performance stuff I listed in the 1st paragraph was there.

Back