Bridgestone e12 Soft and e12 Speed Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I like me some tech stories. Throw in some fancy scientific terms and I'm all ears. The one thing I'd like to see quantified is how much ball speed can be lost by playing a ball that's too soft. Great video, and glad Bridgestone is back engaging through THP and at the PGA show

• Admin
I like me some tech stories. Throw in some fancy scientific terms and I'm all ears. The one thing I'd like to see quantified is how much ball speed can be lost by playing a ball that's too soft. Great video, and glad Bridgestone is back engaging through THP and at the PGA show

It comes down to a combination of speed and spin. Similar to a lot of basic fittings. Companies have moved pretty far past that with cores and layers that get firmer as they move towards the cover. Srixon uses their gradual gradient core. Callaway uses their dual core. This (only one of the reasons) is to keep speed. It is why we have said for a couple of years now, choosing a ball based solely off compression number leaves an incomplete position. With that said, before ERC (which is a completely different animal), I think Bridgestone is one of the first to use it in the distance ball category, which is kind of cool.

It comes down to a combination of speed and spin. Similar to a lot of basic fittings. Companies have moved pretty far past that with cores and layers that get firmer as they move towards the cover. Srixon uses their gradual gradient core. Callaway uses their dual core. This (only one of the reasons) is to keep speed. It is why we have said for a couple of years now, choosing a ball based solely off compression number leaves an incomplete position. With that said, before ERC (which is a completely different animal), I think Bridgestone is one of the first to use it in the distance ball category, which is kind of cool.

Thanks JB, this post is going to take a little bit of time to fully digest. The point of this being a first in this type of ball is very interesting to me.

• Admin
Great video... Wish they would bring back the E5, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the video and want to try the ball. Some of the scientific terms that Elliot used flew over my head but Vrska, as always, seemed to find a way to help dumb it down for us mortals.

I enjoyed hearing Elliot talk about the new e12. I will be looking to pick up at least a sleeve when they come out (end of next week I think?).

Lots of great info in that video. What was crazy is how many times they check the quality of each ball while be8ng made.

For those that are watching and following along, we will be sending out some of these to THPers to try out and review as well.

For those that are watching and following along, we will be sending out some of these to THPers to try out and review as well.

I saw that at the end of the article! I have to say "it moved". This is an exciting year for balls. I don't know if I'm just paying more attention to the ball market this year or what but there are definitely some "must try" balls hitting the shelves this year. The ERC and E12 are really at the top of my list this year but I really want to try the new Wilson and the Mizuno offering is SUPER interesting.

Good stuff, JB. I probably wound't know about half of this stuff without THP. Keep on rockin' the content, brother. We all appreciate it.

These balls with the ERC are highest on my "must try" list for this year. I felt I had finally found my gamer ball for a while with the Chrome Soft but now with the W/S Duo Pro, the ERC, and this ball coming in the mix I'm back in full ponder mode. Sigh...

The e series has been my favorite non-tour balls ever. Interesting to look at this as the next generation of that. Looking forward to getting out on the course with them.

Also of note, for as many as I have purchased over the years, my wife likes them too so most(at least many) have ended up in her bag. She really liked the Masters series e6 with the magnolia flower.

Does the matte version have the same grabby silicon rubbery feel like the Superhot Bold and 2018 Vivid ? Or is it slick like the Project S And Duo matte ?

900 polymer engineers can't be wrong. I was underwhelmed by the e6 Soft after years of playing the e6. Just may have to give these a try.

Fantastic video - Vrska’s questions and follow-ups are great.

Two engines both the Mantle and the Core, this intrigues me as does the soft feel but with the great performance. The largest rubber company in the world. So great to see Bridgestone back.

Looking forward to trying the red and yellow balls - the color durability is definitely important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a box of the e12 Soft in matte red, holding off on playing them until my Apex irons come in. Super excited to try them out.

Are the yellows the truest yellow ever or do they just look that way in marketing photos?

Tried a sleeve of the e12 soft and I think they nailed it on this one. Not real scientific, but they just feel better than the e6 soft.

Could be pure coincidence, but I've always found Bridgestone balls seem to fly straighter for me. The new offering has me very intrigued. Especially the matte red

Would be interesting to see if they keep up with the tp5x for distance, especially the speed ball. I know there is a big price difference but still it'll be interesting to see

Just a note that these hit retail on Friday.
And of course as Jman mentioned above, we are doing forum testing currently.

Back