Bridgestone Golf Balls - Official Golf Ball of THP Fall Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'll be switching!!

I don't know tc, although at my B-Fit session the guy told me to try the RX because I would be able to compress it more and should be able to squeeze a few more yards out of it. We'll see I guess, I don't know how a ball can be better than my B330-S though.

I don't know tc, although at my B-Fit session the guy told me to try the RX because I would be able to compress it more and should be able to squeeze a few more yards out of it. We'll see I guess, I don't know how a ball can be better than my B330-S though.

man, that's awesome! i like how much you dig that ball. i feel the same way. setho's been gaming the S and likes it as well. it'll be fun to talk to you about your thoughts after the champions course round!

exactly what my B-Fit session told me as well. It was really a toss up between the RX (if I wanted a few more yards) the S, or the RX-S. Right now I'm liking the S when I'm playing well because of the control around the greens as well as the feeling off the putter.

Looking forward to trying out some new golf balls! I'm going to give the X a shot.

man, that's awesome! i like how much you dig that ball. i feel the same way. setho's been gaming the S and likes it as well. it'll be fun to talk to you about your thoughts after the champions course round!
The thing to ask after that round is if I have any balls left period, S or RX?!?! Yeah I'm pumped to try that ball, I nearly picked up a dozen last time but knew they would be at the outing to I opted to wait and try them there instead.

exactly what my B-Fit session told me as well. It was really a toss up between the RX (if I wanted a few more yards) the S, or the RX-S. Right now I'm liking the S when I'm playing well because of the control around the greens as well as the feeling off the putter.
Yep, same here T! I have been so happy with the S that I just haven't even thought of venturing to try the RX but at the outing I'll be super excited to try it. Bridgestone has quite a lineup of balls, very impressive if you ask me!

I Love the Bridgestone E6+ ball, it's perfect for my swing speed.

The B-Fit recommends me the Tour B330 because of my swing speed, but if I am looking for something thats extremely soft around the green and off of the putter, will that work for me? What would be the comparison of that ball to the S or the RX? Thanks for the help guys!

The B-Fit recommends me the Tour B330 because of my swing speed, but if I am looking for something thats extremely soft around the green and off of the putter, will that work for me? What would be the comparison of that ball to the S or the RX? Thanks for the help guys!

it should man. i've never thought of giving that ball a whirl b/c i don't think i could compress it with my slower swing speed.

The B330 is quite soft. While the B330-S is a little softer, its hardly noticeable to me.

I think people get confused between spinny and soft in many cases (not you, just in general). In many cases a ball too soft will hurt a player and too hard can do the same. Its all about finding that right fit for a golfer.

You can't go wrong with the B330 or B330-s but from what I remember you have a pretty high swing speed and will over compress the RX. I was playing that before my Bfit session last sunday, I'm at ~120 MPH and the guy told me I was way too high for the RX, which is built for <105.

The B330 is quite soft. While the B330-S is a little softer, its hardly noticeable to me.

I think people get confused between spinny and soft in many cases (not you, just in general). In many cases a ball too soft will hurt a player and too hard can do the same. Its all about finding that right fit for a golfer.

Your right about the confusion. When everyone was talking the 330-S I thought they meant the 330-RXS. I gave that ball a try and absolutely love it for distance and the spin is beyond belief, but once out of them I picked up a few 330-RX and its a totally different ball. I've played it the last few days and while just a tad longer, I cannot hold a green with them. The actually have not tried the 330-S.

Looking forward to trying out some new golf balls! I'm going to give the X a shot.

The RX was the ball I played with on our round. Despite not being as "spinny" as other balls out there, I don't remember having any trouble holding greens or stopping chips.

Your right about the confusion. When everyone was talking the 330-S I thought they meant the 330-RXS. I gave that ball a try and absolutely love it for distance and the spin is beyond belief, but once out of them I picked up a few 330-RX and its a totally different ball. I've played it the last few days and while just a tad longer, I cannot hold a green with them. The actually have not tried the 330-S.

330-s takes a pretty stout swing speed, but its an amazing ball.

The main reason that I want to try the x is bc Bfit said it was most comparable to the e6.

You can't go wrong with the B330 or B330-s but from what I remember you have a pretty high swing speed and will over compress the RX. I was playing that before my Bfit session last sunday, I'm at ~120 MPH and the guy told me I was way too high for the RX, which is built for <105.

You are a few MPH over me but I think I'm going to buy a few of both the S and the regular B330 and see which I like better. I'm not too concerned with distance as I can usually reach most par 4's with a drive and then a short iron (8 or up) so I'm more interested in how soft it feels around the green. I know Bridgestone makes a great product and because of the support they've given the forum I think they definitely warrant a try on my part.

You are a few MPH over me but I think I'm going to buy a few of both the S and the regular B330 and see which I like better. I'm not too concerned with distance as I can usually reach most par 4's with a drive and then a short iron (8 or up) so I'm more interested in how soft it feels around the green. I know Bridgestone makes a great product and because of the support they've given the forum I think they definitely warrant a try on my part.

i think that's a great idea man!!! you'll be a happy schweitzer when it's all said and done.

Lemme know how it goes, I'll be playing my first round with my new 330-s this saturday!

Lemme know how it goes, I'll be playing my first round with my new 330-s this saturday!

Excellent! Let us know how you make out JRod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance Bridgestone is or can send down some B330 or B330-s for those of us with higher than average amateur swing speeds? Please!

Any chance Bridgestone is or can send down some B330 or B330-s for those of us with higher than average amateur swing speeds? Please!

Im trying to get this to happen. I will keep you in the loop.

I've read over the specs for both of the balls that will be provided... and tried the online fitting, which told me E6 (I am using now, like em a lot, and looking forward to the bright colored ones)
Which ball should I try at the outing, considering neither are like the E6 (i guess the X is a bit like it), and likely too advanced of a ball to work with my game?
Thanks.

I was fit for the e6 and the RX is what BFit recommended as a replacement.

I played the E6 for the first time last weekend and I really enjoyed that ball. I was fit for the B330 RX. SO I guess we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back