Bridgestone Golf Balls - Official Golf Ball of THP Fall Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out yesterday that if I am going to play the E6, I need to change the way i hit balls into the green. I hit a pretty good short wedge and was surprised to see it roll out instead of checking and sticking. This is a shame because I would like to play this ball while I am working on my swing and changing things.

this is exactly why I switched to the B330-S. It's awesome off the tee but unless you hit a high shot into a green you have no chance of it sticking. If I'm working on something or testing clubs, etc. I go back to the e6 for it's consistency but overall the 330-S is the way to go for me. I lose soem distance and accuracy off the tee but love the results around the green too much to go back.
I found out yesterday that if I am going to play the E6, I need to change the way i hit balls into the green. I hit a pretty good short wedge and was surprised to see it roll out instead of checking and sticking. This is a shame because I would like to play this ball while I am working on my swing and changing things.

I am going to try the RX this weekend. So far my favorite ball is the Z star.

I think the RX-S would be just as good for you too. Especially seeing how you spin the Z-Stars around

this is exactly why I switched to the B330-S. It's awesome off the tee but unless you hit a high shot into a green you have no chance of it sticking. If I'm working on something or testing clubs, etc. I go back to the e6 for it's consistency but overall the 330-S is the way to go for me. I lose soem distance and accuracy off the tee but love the results around the green too much to go back.

I'm curious, have you tried the RXS or RX yet? Because they should spin like the 330-S around the green and compress more like the E6 does to improve your distance off the tee too. Curious to see if you've hit those at all...

Setho I've been getting better distance from the B330 RX versus the Z star. I've even switched mid round and it's very evident the bstones are longer. I think you'll like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have but not enough to get a good feel for them. I'm hoping to grab some RX-S at the Outing to play a round with to see how they feel.
I'm curious, have you tried the RXS or RX yet? Because they should spin like the 330-S around the green and compress more like the E6 does to improve your distance off the tee too. Curious to see if you've hit those at all...

I look forward to testing these bridgestone balls at the outing.

Setho I've been getting better distance from the B330 RX versus the Z star. I've even switched mid round and it's very evident the bstones are longer. I think you'll like them.

Awesome! That is some good information.

I havent noticed a big difference between the zstar and Rx in distance when I played a sleeve of the RX earlier this year. I did notice that the RX seemed to have less spin than the ZStar- though it was still conistent and predictable (which is by far the most important thing). I am looking forward to playing another couple of rounds with the RX in FL (and hopefully some B330-S). I have been playing the Zstar as my consistent call for a while now, but that could very easily change based on the numbers the launch monitor spits out.

JB- will the monitor be set in such a way to do some ball testing in FL too?

I think the z-stars have a softer cover. I noticed I could spin them a bit better then the bstones.

I havent noticed a big difference between the zstar and Rx in distance when I played a sleeve of the RX earlier this year. I did notice that the RX seemed to have less spin than the ZStar- though it was still conistent and predictable (which is by far the most important thing). I am looking forward to playing another couple of rounds with the RX in FL (and hopefully some B330-S). I have been playing the Zstar as my consistent call for a while now, but that could very easily change based on the numbers the launch monitor spits out.

JB- will the monitor be set in such a way to do some ball testing in FL too?

You can hit anything off the monitor and get the numbers you want. But testing balls at an open range with a limited supply of golf balls might be hard to pull off.

Weren't these the JAWS wedges favorite snack?
I think the z-stars have a softer cover. I noticed I could spin them a bit better then the bstones.

Weren't these the JAWS wedges favorite snack?

Tore them up!! The furthest I've ever backed a ball up was the Jaws with yellow z star. And in FL.

With 50 golfers all possibly playing the RX or RXS, I hope everybody brings a SHARPIE and their own unique mark.

Can you imagine all 4 golfer on the first tee,
"I'm playing the Bridgestone RX."
"Me too."
"Me three."
"Me four."
"Good luck to everyone. Play well."

I recommend the mini sharpie. They're cute. :D

31kR1GqlkiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm bringing a highlighter....I want to see what a Yellow RX looks like first!
With 50 golfers all possibly playing the RX or RXS, I hope everybody brings a SHARPIE and their own unique mark.

Can you imagine all 4 golfer on the first tee,
"I'm playing the Bridgestone RX."
"Me too."
"Me three."
"Me four."
"Good luck to everyone. Play well."

I recommend the mini sharpie. They're cute. :D

31kR1GqlkiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks Bridgestone & THP for the sleeves of great golf balls! I look forward to putting the RXS into play. Just think, it's just a few days from now :eek:).......

Just got fit online with Elliot at Bridgestone.

Told him I was from THP and he helped me get fit with a B330-RXS.

Excited to give these a whirl, I'll do my best to keep them on the course!

Just missed out on attending. Lucky someone got it before I did. Good Job JB will be ready for next years, and if anyone else drops out I'm taking your spot. I'm ready to go. If I didnt take my wife to lunch I would have seen the post earlier. So much for being a good Husband. Have Fun everyone. If you need me I will be committing myself to a mental institution for that weekend.

Is this the correct thread to get ya balls changed? I was going with the RX but decided on the RXS, if not too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back