Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

I hit this again yesterday and I am convinced that an X-flex mid/high launch would be perfect in this club. The feels like nothing coming off the face

Figure that this thread could use a bump. I am incredibly excited to be a Bridgestone staffer this year but if I'm being honest the driver is the one club I am a little nervous about.

I think the J40 is a solid offering with the right shaft but maybe they will be bringing something new this year.

Figure that this thread could use a bump. I am incredibly excited to be a Bridgestone staffer this year but if I'm being honest the driver is the one club I am a little nervous about.

You should only be nervous if you like missing fairways. :alien:

It wouldn't surprise me if Bridgestone goes the adjustable route this year :thumb: At least as an option.

I was the same way, as my only experience with the j40 was with the project x both times, and it was no bueno. Then in Florida I had another shot with the attas shaft and really liked it, even with my jacked up swing at the moment. I'm confident it will be a winner come July

I was the same way, as my only experience with the j40 was with the project x both times, and it was no bueno. Then in Florida I had another shot with the attas shaft and really liked it, even with my jacked up swing at the moment. I'm confident it will be a winner come July

The B-fit guys are very helpful and can point you in the right direction on shaft choice. This driver is a fairway finder and should be the least of your worries.

I like to hear that Howzat. I know I watched TMex hit some massive bombs with his

I need to know how the spin and forgiveness of the J40 driver compares to the Razr Fit. I'd like to go with the same shaft that I'm playing right now.

I too am very nervous about it.. I have one in my bag now and am working to get it to work but it is being very stubborn ( like me :D )

I think I need to speak with you at some time about these findings...

The B-fit guys are very helpful and can point you in the right direction on shaft choice. This driver is a fairway finder and should be the least of your worries.

I am going to wait till after the PGA show and see what our options are and then I will reach out to the b-fit guys

I need to know how the spin and forgiveness of the J40 driver compares to the Razr Fit. I'd like to go with the same shaft that I'm playing right now.
Ary, from my experience, lower spin and less forgiveness. Not drastically by either IMO, but less of each nonetheless.

Hopefully I can help you out here pretty soon as I should have a 10.5* Razr Fit head here tomorrow that I will be trying out.

Less spin by a good 350 rpms for me. Forgiveness was better vertically and less side to side.

Less spin by a good 350 rpms for me. Forgiveness was better vertically and less side to side.

Trying to make sure I am interpreting this correctly.....are you saying that you saw more forgiveness side to side with the Razr Fit? For me recently with the J40, I seem to be seeing a decent about of side spin that is hurting me. When I put the Cobra AMP into play this last weekend, I definitely saw less side spin than the J40, it basically took the right side of the course out of play off the tee.

Trying to make sure I am interpreting this correctly.....are you saying that you saw more forgiveness side to side with the Razr Fit? For me recently with the J40, I seem to be seeing a decent about of side spin that is hurting me. When I put the Cobra AMP into play this last weekend, I definitely saw less side spin than the J40, it basically took the right side of the course out of play off the tee.

What I mean is that I saw more forgiveness laterally across the club face. You seeing more side spin when missing laterally across the face would be an indicator that you are seeing the same thing I have.

Now vertically, I found that the J40 is one of the more forgiving drivers and similar to the Classic in that regard.

What I mean is that I saw more forgiveness laterally across the club face. You seeing more side spin when missing laterally across the face would be an indicator that you are seeing the same thing I have.

Now vertically, I found that the J40 is one of the more forgiving drivers and similar to the Classic in that regard.

Thanks for the clarification on this

Perfect, thank you. I tend to struggle sometimes determining what is purely a swing flaw and then realizing how much the club is helping/not helping. Was not until I hit the AMP did I realize how much of a reduction I saw in side spin. Vertically, I am typically ok - I just miss a bunch on the toe so it was a bit eye opening to me this past weekend.

Perfect, thank you. I tend to struggle sometimes determining what is purely a swing flaw and then realizing how much the club is helping/not helping. Was not until I hit the AMP did I realize how much of a reduction I saw in side spin. Vertically, I am typically ok - I just miss a bunch on the toe so it was a bit eye opening to me this past weekend.

My miss is heel, so I'll have to see how bad Im punished on the mis-hits

To me both of these cases demonstrate where fitting is so crucial. I have a feeling that Cookie may be able to help a few people with this come PGA Show.

To me both of these cases demonstrate where fitting is so crucial. I have a feeling that Cookie may be able to help a few people with this come PGA Show.

Absolutely, ive tried just 2 different shafts, but they were night and day with the differences. I'll certainly keep an eye out for Cookie dropping some knowledge on us!

I miss all over the face so the lack of vertical forgiveness has me a bit worried.

I miss all over the face so the lack of vertical forgiveness has me a bit worried.

Vertical forgiveness is quite good. Lateral forgiveness is where i saw some issues. Now keep in mind that this is many times the case with a lot of deep faced drivers. In your past you did very well with a deeper faced driver, so I do not think this will be an issue for you.

Chunky, this driver is awesome. You will be just fine with it! I promise. Next time I come to Greensboro I will bring mine to you so you can get used to it.

Chunky, this driver is awesome. You will be just fine with it! I promise. Next time I come to Greensboro I will bring mine to you so you can get used to it.

Especially if you teach him the jump swing!

Back