Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

hahaha...my last attempt at it was just "ok"...therefor I retired it

Makes sense. As soon as something isn't amazing any more, why do it? With or without the bstone bomber.

I miss all over the face so the lack of vertical forgiveness has me a bit worried.
Capt Chunk, you shouldn't have any issues with the J40. It has helped me tremendously. I'm a fwy finder with it. And there is no doubt in my mind you will be the same way. I'm hoping I can stay that way this year.

Ary, from my experience, lower spin and less forgiveness. Not drastically by either IMO, but less of each nonetheless.

Less spin by a good 350 rpms for me. Forgiveness was better vertically and less side to side.

Thanks for the input. The less spin aspect isn't a huge deal for me since right now most of my distance comes from carry anyways, so a little more roll out won't hurt. However, my miss tends to be side-to-side on the face, so that worries me a little bit.

To me both of these cases demonstrate where fitting is so crucial. I have a feeling that Cookie may be able to help a few people with this come PGA Show.

I hope that getting fit for this driver, or whatever driver Bridgestone has available for us to play, is a real option this year. I don't know of any place up here that carries Bridgestone clubs.

Thanks for the input. The less spin aspect isn't a huge deal for me since right now most of my distance comes from carry anyways, so a little more roll out won't hurt. However, my miss tends to be side-to-side on the face, so that worries me a little bit.

I hope that getting fit for this driver, or whatever driver Bridgestone has available for us to play, is a real option this year. I don't know of any place up here that carries Bridgestone clubs.

I can send you my J40 with the PX 6.0 in it if you want to give it a go. You could feel free to throw another shaft in there if you wanted to play around with it.

I have the same issue here so I will be relying on B-Fit and my knowledgeable friends to help me with my club/shaft selections

Amol I would think this paired with the DI 6 would be great for you. I know you already enjoy that shaft in your other drivers

Amol I would think this paired with the DI 6 would be great for you. I know you already enjoy that shaft in your other drivers

Now that combo sounds enticing, I loved that shaft in the extreme and if its anything like that in the J40, Im sold

I can send you my J40 with the PX 6.0 in it if you want to give it a go. You could feel free to throw another shaft in there if you wanted to play around with it.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not going to be playing golf anytime soon except for on simulators, and if I was going to test out a driver, I'd want to do it outdoors.

That's what I'm thinking of going with. DI-6 in the driver, DI-7 in a fairway wood. I am hitting the ball quite high right now though with my DI-6 in the Razr Fit.

I went out today and again battled this driver. I have the ball going somewhat straight now, the slice has been fixed a bit but I am still not getting the distance I used to on my previous driver ( Cobra S3 ), not that I ever considered myself to be very long off the tee. Perhaps another change of shaft is in order, I remain puzzled.

I know what you mean Ary, having never played this driver, I wish there was somewhere to go get fit for it. I after the PGA show or we hear from our Tour Rep as to what our options will be, I will be working with the B-fit guys to find the right combination as my current shaft isn't even an option.

I've had my J40 430cc driver since it was introduced last year and the love affair is still going strong.

I just went to the GG Sneak Peek event yesterday and hit the new NIKE Covert Tour, Cally Razr Fit Extreme, TM R1, RBZ Stage2 and PING G25 drivers. I thought that the Cally RFE felt/sounded the best, but not good enough to knock my trusty J40 out of the bag...

I went out today and again battled this driver. I have the ball going somewhat straight now, the slice has been fixed a bit but I am still not getting the distance I used to on my previous driver ( Cobra S3 ), not that I ever considered myself to be very long off the tee. Perhaps another change of shaft is in order, I remain puzzled.
Have you gotten on a launch monitor or been fit to a shaft for the driver yet?

Have you gotten on a launch monitor or been fit to a shaft for the driver yet?

No sir, just playing the guessing game right now with the help of some friends here who are knowledgeable in the area of shafts. I am waiting till the J40 is announced as my "official" option. No sense doing a bunch of things or trying to or even talking to B-Fit if there is going to be another driver in play for the MC.

No sir, just playing the guessing game right now with the help of some friends here who are knowledgeable in the area of shafts. I am waiting till the J40 is announced as my "official" option. No sense doing a bunch of things or trying to or even talking to B-Fit if there is going to be another driver in play for the MC.

On the flip side, better to be prepared for when that PM comes you can submit your order faster.

On the flip side, better to be prepared for when that PM comes you can submit your order faster.

I am pretty much set and ready to order right now if I needed to. Just a couple of shaft questions that I am sure I could speak to you or other to set me straight on.

I am pretty much set and ready to order right now if I needed to. Just a couple of shaft questions that I am sure I could speak to you or other to set me straight on.

With as much time as you have had with this club and the love hate relationship you have with it, I'd set up a time where you can get on a LM and have someone analyze things for you.

I need to start pondering the route to go with this I've only tried it with 2 different shafts, the few places I've looked at for a fitting and lessons don't have an assortment for this driver...but I'm going to keep looking

With as much time as you have had with this club and the love hate relationship you have with it, I'd set up a time where you can get on a LM and have someone analyze things for you.

Are you implying, that we are going to have a very short period of time between when things are announced and when we need to get our decisions in? I am not expected a great deal of time (like weeks) but will it be like here is the list, you have 4 hours to decide?

And I have not had it that long cause it spent alot of time in my garage not being used cause it just was not performing like the :cobra: was for me. Especially after I threw in a Miyazaki shaft into it.

I need to start pondering the route to go with this I've only tried it with 2 different shafts, the few places I've looked at for a fitting and lessons don't have an assortment for this driver...but I'm going to keep looking

If you find something let me know. I am going to reach out to Yoccos, see what he did. I think he found something in Arizona. Roadtrip!!! LOL

Are you implying, that we are going to have a very short period of time between when things are announced and when we need to get our decisions in? I am not expected a great deal of time (like weeks) but will it be like here is the list, you have 4 hours to decide?

No but you have a day. If you go over a day, people start getting antsy. Best to have your setup nailed down and ready to go.

More like a few days.

Sent from Tapatalk

This is the club I will be pondering the most, Mike. I have never used this driver and I'm a little nervous. I think I may need to find a place within a few hour drive that could fit me for one.

Back