Bridgestone J40 Wedges

Is rust just a aesthetics thing or is there any reason to do it?

Aesthetics. Helps maybe a minor bit for flare but I think the overall finish that allows rust helps with that more

By diligent do you mean a lot of coke baths or just normal cleaning and keeping them dry?
Dan likely kept them wiped off and just cleaned them up as needed. Personally, mine rusted up pretty fast with not much effort required.

I clean mine regularly and wipe them often so I am not playing with dirty clubs. Lots of wet wipe downs = no added rust.

Iplayed in the rain the other day and left them to rust. I have some great rust on my black oxide. I know folks aren't into it but I love when they rust.

Oh and by the way, best wedges on the market. Ask my playing partner form today. Little recap coming,

Looking forward to the recap Panda!!

Im looking forward to getting these in the bag! Has anyone gamed these and the mpt4s?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

As I said I played in the rain the other day and the 56* bent to 54* and 52* bent to 50* were in beast mode. Short sided, knock downs and what ever else I wanted was at my finger tips.
The rain put a great rust coat on the 52*
2e9y4uvu.jpg

Today I found myself short sided on more than one occasion and the 54* just flat out performed as did my 50*. Bare lie, fluffy, tight and sand the J40s just worked. Best wedges I've gamed to date, hands down.

Iplayed in the rain the other day and left them to rust. I have some great rust on my black oxide. I know folks aren't into it but I love when they rust.

Oh and by the way, best wedges on the market. Ask my playing partner form today. Little recap coming,

I can attest to those wedges. Freddie was knocking it down today with those Bridgestone wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried adjusting technique to mimic some Azinger tips and was generating some serious height and spin (for me) on 50-75 yard shots. It is kind of cool when you see rock range balls spinning and stopping. Great wedges.

I am loving these wedges. I recently picked up a 52* so and I having it bent to 50*. Really versatile and great feeling without any gimmicks.

Really wanna get my hands on a pair of these bad boys. I hit them at the range the other day and was amazed.

Me too. Cannot wait to get these in hand. Still on the fence about Black or Satin. I like rust and I like the clean look. :confused2:

JM

I think ill be going satin 50, 55, and 60. Only question is dg spinners or kbs tours

I think ill be going satin 50, 55, and 60. Only question is dg spinners or kbs tours

50, 54 and DG Spinner. They paired it, I'll play it :act-up:

JM

JM

I played the dg spinners in mpt4 wedges and I really liked them. Just pondering what the kbs tours would be like ;)

Wow I think I just browsed through 600 posts dating back to 2012 on these wedges. Talk about masses of information.

I have always settled for the chrome finish, but feel it's time to switch it up and go Black Oxide. They really are eye catchers.

Looking at going with a 50,54,58 set up. Can't wait to get out and swing these.

JM

My brother has some Mizuno wedges with the DG spinner shaft; I'll have to give them a try. Going 50* and 54* for sure, but still on the fence about a 58" or not. With all of the rave reviews about these wedges, I'm surprised I never heard anything about them before finding THP.

I played the dg spinners in mpt4 wedges and I really liked them. Just pondering what the kbs tours would be like ;)

I understand for sure. Your captain has some sound views on OEM shaft pairings with wedges. I happen to have the DG Spinner in my Vokey and like it a lot.

JM

Me too. Cannot wait to get these in hand. Still on the fence about Black or Satin. I like rust and I like the clean look. :confused2:

JM

Both finishes are great, you won't be unhappy with either. I have my 52 and 56 in black oxide and my 60 is the satin, which I just got and hit for the first time today. These wedges are so soft feeling it's ridiculous. I was using my 56 out of the sand opened up but I realized that the back side was wearing because I was laying it down in the sand (the reason I went for the 60 in satin) but now the satin looks so good new, I don't want to use it!! I am so glad I stuck with these clubs, now my Vokeys just sit in the garage.

A wise man once told me that wedge shafts are stock in heads for a reason. When you look at the style of swings around a wedge, certainly you'd consider a shaft that caters to it.

Unless said person encourages me to go in a different direction, I'll be playing the stock spinner shafts for the Cup. Count on it.

I'll be honest and say I really disliked the DG SPINNER shafts in my wedges but have finally realised the problem is me and not the shafts. They reward a smooth transition with exceptional feel and enable you to control shots so easily and really do seem to make the ball spin more than other wedge/shaft combos I've tried. Ironically these shafts highlighted the fact that my transition wasn't what it should be and discovering that has led to me hitting much better shots with all clubs.

I yanked the spinners out because they didn't fit my swing and went with KBS Custom tours. Best choice I have ever made. I saw higher ball flights, more distance and the ability to control the trajectory with the KBS. The spinner gave me a top spin lob affect and the ball didn't stay airborne long. I would have gone away frm these wedges had I kept the spinners.

JM
You should see if the yr fit you, the spinners that is. Some have good luck and other don't. I fitting is in order....

If you have played spinners and like them then by all means continue but if ou have not, I suggest you get fit.

Good point they are part of my fitting, so if there is a better option, it will be shown for sure.

JM

I yanked the spinners out because they didn't fit my swing and went with KBS Custom tours. Best choice I have ever made. I saw higher ball flights, more distance and the ability to control the trajectory with the KBS. The spinner gave me a top spin lob affect and the ball didn't stay airborne long. I would have gone away frm these wedges had I kept the spinners.

You should see if the yr fit you, the spinners that is. Some have good luck and other don't. I fitting is in order....

If you have played spinners and like them then by all means continue but if ou have not, I suggest you get fit.

totally agree with senor panda here.

Definitely a wedge that compared to most others, some just love or hate certain shafts with these heads

Bridgestone J40 Wedges

One thing I've been thinking about lately is these wedges have a relatively high amount of bounce. More so than my Vokey's. Bending a 56* to 54* would lower the bounce correct?

One thing I've been thinking about lately is these wedges have a relatively high amount of bounce. More so than my Vokey's. Bending a 56* to 54* would lower the bounce correct?

Yes that will lower the bounce :)

Back