Bridgestone J40 Wedges

If you would be down for letting me try it that would awesome. I will let you know if I pull the trigger sooner.

PM me your address and I will ship it to you next Tuesday.

Interested in a 54 or 55. Would golf galaxy or Golfsmith still carry these.

Only brick & mortar store I've ever seen these in is PGA Super Store. Sounds like you've got one to try though. If you like it there's usually a bunch of good deals on ebay.

Yep I was the one who asked the questions regarding the shaft and distance differences. I was also very glad to hear that bending these wedges don't really alter very much of anything and is more of a preference thing. Right now I'm definitely leaning towards 60* bent to 58* 56* bent to 54* and 52* bent to 50*. I've always preferred lower bounce in my wedges. Most likely sticking with whatever iron shaft I decide on in the 50* and DG Spinners in the 54* and 60*.

Been bagging the j40 52 and 58 for a couple rounds. I really like the wedges. Still some distanced need to be dialed in since I came from a 50,55,60 set up. The j40 wedges are great from anywhere. While I have not seen any issues with the dg spinners, I have some x100s coming and will install them to see if I see any difference

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Interested to hear your experience KC. After seeing it for myself, I wonder what you will see.

JM

Dg x100s arrived today so I'll be putting those in the j40 52 and 58 hopefully tomorrow afternoon if time allows at the shop

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I definitely need to get my hands on some J40 wedges. My wedge play is a huge part of my game. Not sure I'll go with the DG Spinners, due to the amount of spin I get on the ball.

Was great hearing the breakdown of the numbers today related to the comment regarding loss of distance. The robot doesn't lie.

I have a 52* bent to 50* with the Aerotech steel fiber regular flex shaft in it that I can ship out to you if you want to play around with it.

I am still gaming the 54/58 but replacing them soon as well.

I recently found a store that sold Bridgestone clubs in Ireland (Very hard to find), so I ordered a J40 wedge to try it out, as I lot of folks on here and have posted up good comments on the club.

I took delivery off my new 54* J40 wedge (Satin Chrome) on Friday, after nearly 4 weeks off waiting. The pro of the store that I ordered the club, over the phone, recommended the DG Spinner shaft and the lie to be -2* flat (I’m 5’9” tall). Couldn’t wait to open the box and try the club.

Unfortunately, when I opened the box the wrong grip was fitted (Up charge paid), which in honestly it’s not a big thing. However, I noticed a large number of small deep scratches travelling around the bottom of the shaft to about an inch above the ferrule. My concern is that over time the shaft may corrode (Especially with Ireland damp/wet climate).

In my opinion, after waiting nearly 4 weeks for the club, you would hope that it was the one specified and how would the club pass quality assurance after assembly.

I’m not one to compalin normally, but you wouldn’t buy a new car with a scratch along the door?

I have rang the store and talked the guy I ordered the club off and sent him on photographs of the club, so hopefully he can get it resolved.

I recently found a store that sold Bridgestone clubs in Ireland (Very hard to find), so I ordered a J40 wedge to try it out, as I lot of folks on here and have posted up good comments on the club.

I took delivery off my new 54* J40 wedge (Satin Chrome) on Friday, after nearly 4 weeks off waiting. The pro of the store that I ordered the club, over the phone, recommended the DG Spinner shaft and the lie to be -2* flat (I’m 5’9” tall). Couldn’t wait to open the box and try the club.

Unfortunately, when I opened the box the wrong grip was fitted (Up charge paid), which in honestly it’s not a big thing. However, I noticed a large number of small deep scratches travelling around the bottom of the shaft to about an inch above the ferrule. My concern is that over time the shaft may corrode (Especially with Ireland damp/wet climate).

In my opinion, after waiting nearly 4 weeks for the club, you would hope that it was the one specified and how would the club pass quality assurance after assembly.

I’m not one to compalin normally, but you wouldn’t buy a new car with a scratch along the door?

I have rang the store and talked the guy I ordered the club off and sent him on photographs of the club, so hopefully he can get it resolved.
You ordered these at the store or direct from Bridgestone? The clubs come stock with DG spinners so that wasn't a
stretch of a recommendation. If this was bought at a shop I'm sure any wear you saw was from being the store. Sorry for the trouble, I hope you get this resolved.

You ordered these at the store or direct from Bridgestone? The clubs come stock with DG spinners so that wasn't a
stretch of a recommendation. If this was bought at a shop I'm sure any wear you saw was from being the store. Sorry for the trouble, I hope you get this resolved.

I bought the club from a store, who had to order it in for me, from Bridgestone (UK). So it should be a new club, not a demo etc.

I explained to the guy in the store that I was buying club to try it out, with the possiblity of buying more if I liked it.....

Time will tell!

Got my new J40 54* today. Will be putting the KBS wedge shaft in it this week in time for a weekend round.

JM

Got out for some range time and spent the last 30 minutes trying to get a little more dialed in with these wedges. Maybe a touch longer than my old X-forged 54/58 but nothing I couldn't work out. Didn't get any time at the short game area as it was too late but was able to work on some approach distances. Falling back into these wasn't too hard at all for me. I'm still pondering a set SW just because but I know these will do the job when needed.

Already starting to show a good amount of wear after just a few rounds. Love the look of the wear on the black oxide finish!

Got out for some range time and spent the last 30 minutes trying to get a little more dialed in with these wedges. Maybe a touch longer than my old X-forged 54/58 but nothing I couldn't work out. Didn't get any time at the short game area as it was too late but was able to work on some approach distances. Falling back into these wasn't too hard at all for me. I'm still pondering a set SW just because but I know these will do the job when needed.

Already starting to show a good amount of wear after just a few rounds. Love the look of the wear on the black oxide finish!

I love the looks of the Black Oxide as well. That plus helping with the glare they are a great option to have.

Bought a 56 on ebay that I am eagerly awaiting. May eventually bend it to 55 but I just it gets here before Friday.

Got my new J40 54* today. Will be putting the KBS wedge shaft in it this week in time for a weekend round.

JM

Did you switch the shaft in the 50?

I did. I had been playing the spinner in my SW for a while and since the discussed had been started and I had the shafts from the contest, I thought I would give it a try. I think the KBS is a touch lighter, which makes the head seem a little heavier. I can swing full with this shaft and actually flight the ball.

We talked with Bridgestone about this and I think we all agreed that in the final analysis, it came down to personal preference. I will say though that I prefer the KBS pairing. It is working well so far.

JM

Played my first round with my new 56* and the spin is incredible. I also love the weight of the head. I got out the sand in one shot on all three bunkers with spinning back like 10 feet which was a first. Excited for the future.

Got to hit the 52* for the first time today and I absolutely love the looks of the black oxide. No glare issue and the ball feels very soft off the face.

I am at work today and when I came in off site, low and behold, my replacement J40 wedge was waiting for me on my desk. There was also a Bridgestone towel and sleeve of B300S golf balls thrown in.
It’s just a pity that it took so long to get sorted, as I ordered the club on the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] March. But, It’s here now and I can’t wait to try it out.

The wait sucks but you will be very happy with this one. Enjoy!

So, seeing as how the Morgan Cuppers are starting to put their orders in I wanted to catch some videos of some of the equipment they'll be using, first up was these wedges, because who doesn't love wedges?

And wouldn't you know if our very own Puttin4bird's video wasn't first.

http://youtu.be/tAhDnhqqGOo

Good watch.

I have been playing a few J40 Wedges for roughly a few weeks now and I can honestly say they are the best Ive gamed in a while. For the MC I decided to go with the J40 52* bent to 50*, 54*, and 58* paired up with the DG S400. As for the finish I am a big fan of the Satin Finish over the Black Oxide, as they just look awesome next to the DPC's. Reasoning behind the shaft is I wanted a little less spin as typically I already put a lot of spin on my wedges. For me I felt should I stay with the DG Spinners I would be generating to much spin, therefore a little more difficult to control distance etc. I am extremely excited to attack the greens with this set of wedges.

I went with same kbs tour shafts with all my wedges as I do full swings often with all my wedges. I feel keeping the flight and shaft feel similar throughout the set will allow me the best chance at hitting greens in regulation. Has anyone mentioned how beautiful the satin chrome finish looks? Yeah I think so

I do like the simplistic look of these wedges. Just a nice Bridgestone b, the model number, and the loft. Clean.

I went to the 52 and 58, which matches my current setup. I pondered long and hard about going 52, 56, 60 or even bending my irons 2* weak so I could go PW 49*, 54, 58. In the end, I wanted to go with what I am comfortable with and by keeping the same shafts in my wedges (KBS Tour X flex tipped 1/4 inch), I would have the same feel throughout the set.

Also decided to go with the standard finish rather than the black pearl that I have in my other irons as I thought it might be distracting around the greens. That may be neurotic, but that's how I imagined it anyway.

Back