Bridgestone J40 Wedges

Kang those things look incredible.

Looks stellar Kang! White ferrules really pop.
I had just installed dgs in the j40 cb i have and the performance was so good (swing weighted to my specs to remove lead tape mess) and i couldnt wait to install these in the wedges. I wish they made onyx for iron shafts too.
Well these wedges are going in the bag immediately after they are done drying. Right where they belong

These wedges really shined today. Chip in birdy and two barely missed chip ins. The ball just does what i want with these wedges. Normally i stuggle with 60 to 80 yard shots but had no issues with the distance control with these wedges

After talking about how much I like these things on full shots, I couldn't have played them worse from far out today...LOL I did have a chip in birdie, but the rest of the day was mediocre. Definitely the indian.

I've had my wedges for a little over a year now and love them! I'm looking around for new wedges and I'm struggling to imagine me buying anything other than these again. Like a lot of people I'm not a huge fan of the DG SPINNER shaft and will almost certainly try something different in new wedges. Which shaft though? From memory KBS do a high spinning wedge shaft, any opinions?

[FONT=&quot]I managed to get my hands on a 54* J40 wedge, Satin Chrome, with a DG Spinner shaft and the lie to be -2* flat, last March. I was very impressed with the wedge. I know you have to have a good technique, but the wedge really performs well for me. I am looking forward to comparing the new 558 RTX 2.0 wedge that I ordered.[/FONT]

The last time I was this big of a homer for a club was my Srixon TRC hybrids. I played those for years in the mid 2000. The J40s have been the mainstay in my bag for close to 4 years. I can't get enough of the action and control I see with these.

I have tested some really great wedges but these seem to fit me best.

Just ordered two of these on closeout. Looking forward to putting them in play

You wont regret it, you are going to love these wedges.

I'm down for anything that helps my short game. I'm branching out from a single 56 wedge to the 54/58 set up. The only thing about these that scares me is the lower bounce.

Will take some practice.

I'm down for anything that helps my short game. I'm branching out from a single 56 wedge to the 54/58 set up. The only thing about these that scares me is the lower bounce.

Will take some practice.

I never had any issues putting them in my bag. Played them from many different lies and I don't even remember an adjustment period. They cut through rough well, got me out of the sand, and were great on partial and full shots. I think it will be easier than you think.

Will take some practice.

My adjustment period with these took maybe two rounds. The biggest adjustment will be realizing how aggressive you can be with them around the greens.

Awesome. Feel better about the purchase already!

Thanks guys

My adjustment period with these took maybe two rounds. The biggest adjustment will be realizing how aggressive you can be with them around the greens.

This is SO true. Great wedges that really helped my game. Especially the SW!

JM

The only negative thing about these wedges is that every other wedge sucks once you use these.
Seriously, they are that good.

Best wedges I've ever played. 4 years running.

not that I needed to be more anxious to get these...glad the positive feedback remains on an older model (and affordable) wedge.

short game practice today. these are buttery soft! I really have to remember to accelerate and be aggressive (thanks mward) with that 58 degree wedge. Any deceleration or lazy swing is rewarded with a chunky shot short of the green.

The new stuff is getting a lot of love but these wedges are still incredible.

I am not normally a big spinner of the ball but I was routinely putting a lot of spin on the ball out of the sand (played a 330-RXS) yesterday. It was really cool to see. I even sank one for a birdie where I was short sided and the green sloped significantly away from me...the ball landed, checked hard to reduce speed and gently found the bottom of the hole. With other wedge/ball combos that ball would have been scooting too fast and would have gone well off the green.

I don't know why I waited so long to put these wedges in my bag. They've been performing amazingly the last 3 rounds I played.

hit some good (for me) wedge shots yesterday with these. Need a lot more work with them but they feel great and have me excited to see how my short game improves this year. Wet conditions helped me hit a few fatty fat fat shots with them yesterday and I still need to work on not decelerating and stay aggressive but the future looks bright. Seems to be some solid wedges and for $45 each I am very happy.

really good round with these today. Chipped in 3 times and hit pitch shots that were above average for me most of the day. I am learning when to pull the 54 and when to pull the 58 so I hope to get even better with them (not expecting 3 chip ins tho!).

Still need a good swing with the 58 when taking a full-ish swing...caught a fat one today from about 68 yards out and that costs me a stroke.

Back