Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full preview of the newest Bridgestone driver on the home page.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/bridgestone-jgr-driver-preview/

More in hand pictures

i-VjLNtrz-M.jpg

i-KJrsrjk-M.jpg

i-RbJxVVT-M.jpg

i-tzLC4kD-M.jpg

i-NpGrhff-M.jpg

i-KJrsrjk-M.jpg

i-bqC9rXZ-M.jpg

First Impressions
After early testing both on the range and course, the JGR offers a slightly more metallic sound through impact that gives off an explosive like feel. Ball flight is mid to high and appeared to keep that ball flight from various contact points on the face. More coming soon including FlightScope testing with various golfers and being included in THP Club Clash.

Last edited:
That's not a bad looking driver. I'm curious to know if the face milling actually helps. I like the price point too.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I really like the looks of this driver, and the tech sounds good as well. I like that they have continued to evolve the face milling.

I absolutely love the 715 that I have, it is the best driver I have had so I can't wait to try this one out. I am a fan of the looks of this bad boy for sure.

Last edited:
I really, really want to hit this one. I love what they have one from an aesthetic and design standpoint.

I like where they went with this driver will be interested to spend some time with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here we go Steelers, Here we go.

Or for the youngsters. Black and yellow, black and yellow lol

Pretty sweet looking driver. Pretty cool to see how far they've come in the looks department since the J40

Bridgestone has caught my attention the last two years with their drivers. The face milling is intriguing to me. I'm looking forward to hearing what THP testing thinks about these. But will say that this first look is very good.

I will be trying this driver out for sure. Bridgestone has become one of my favorite OEM's and from what I've seen out of the J815, I'm excited to give this a go

I like the looks. I enjoyed the j715 and j815. Glad bridgestone kept the milling in the JGR. Fast and forgiving with high launch makes me happy. Looking forward to trying this driver.

A few quick comments.

1. In hand the color scheme on this is really sleek.
2. As JB alluded to, the shots we took with it were more mid to high flight wise.
3. A very "compact" look at address.
4. JB his some Missiles with it

A few quick comments.

1. In hand the color scheme on this is really sleek.
2. As JB alluded to, the shots we took with it were more mid to high flight wise.
3. A very "compact" look at address.
4. JB his some Missiles with it

The sound is pretty addicting. And yes, that one I hit on #2 might have been my longest driver of the day. Yours were not too shabby either.

I am excited to be trying this one out. Great looks

Graphics could be playing tricks on my eye but is this shaped more like the 815? From the top, it looks that way then the face says 715. Love the looks though!

Must hit for sure.

JM

Very busy looking driver, but what a fantastic price point to have it at. Looking forward to the Club Clash feedback. Because of price alone, more golfers will try this and that's a great thing for Bridgestone.

This thing get released on my birthday..... might have to get myself a present this year.

The coloring and layout immediately made me think of the FG Tour F5, but in a very good way. Sharp looking driver and is undoubtedly going to launch bombs for a lot of golfers.

Looks great. Would be interested to see what shafts will be available.

I missed the price. Wow, now that is a good price.

The head just screams powerful

I like what I am seeing and reading. Price point is great and I enjoyed the milling on the J715. Definitely need to hit this.

Like the color scheme, though the crown is a bit busy. I really liked the 815 when I hit it at Pittsburgh last year, and I crushed a fellow THPers 715 in December. This doesn't stand out as much as the 815 but still has some flare to it and the pricepoint is nice but not suprising to me without an adjustable shaft.

What does JGR stand for?

it looks solid! and cheaper that the J715 and J815

are they continuing with their LH experiment?

Back