Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

Picked one these up at my local golf shop and gamed it ball for ball against my gamer (Ping G30), and I was pretty impressed with the JGR. It is in the bag and JB is right the sound is addictive. You know when you've connected with one. It was consistently higher launching that my G30 even at 1* lower loft (9.5) which lead to longer carry and more total distance. I could keep it lower when needed and just a fun driver to hit. Mine has an upgraded shaft the Fujikura speeder shaft and its a nice shaft. Can't wait to game it again...

JB, just to support your question, my stats have me hitting par 4's and 5's at 60%. Last Saturday it was 71%

With that be said, I'm look to see if a lower launching shaft will give me more carry. One disadvantage of the Bridgestone line is to fine tune a fitting due to limited shafts availability in the store. - Two weeks with some dry weather coming to Chicago will allow me to get these on the course and see how they perform.
plus I'll get it on a Trackman, if the numbers don't support it, then I stick with what I have and move on.

In the end, I hope to eliminate any self doubt for $20. Seemed worth it.
It's what I love about Golf - always room for evaluation.

You're looking for a lower launch than a Tour Green? Interesting... Just curious as to how this might give you more carry. I went with a Tour Blue for a more mid to high launch/mid low spin in my current set up and it is definitely hanging in the air longer. I will be following this thread to see how things play out for you and a shaft swap as I thought the stock shaft launched nicely in the JGR, just couldn't keep it from going left....

Here is the difference between the stock Orange shaft and the Tour Green. Yellow ball is Orange shaft and Orange Ball (by cup) is Tour Green. Difference is 10 yards.
af10315035d55121d5a6c49034fe347e.jpg

I'm hitting a consistent 240 yds.

KEV sold me a Tour Green shaft and it's going in tomorrow. Test Drive drivers going back on Monday.

How is the forgiveness on this driver for those still gaming it?

I'd still like to grab one of these just for fun. One of my favorites from the Club Clash!

This was a good driver. It launched to the moon for me but I hit it really well and had good results.

Here is the difference between the stock Orange shaft and the Tour Green. Yellow ball is Orange shaft and Orange Ball (by cup) is Tour Green. Difference is 10 yards.
af10315035d55121d5a6c49034fe347e.jpg

I'm hitting a consistent 240 yds.

KEV sold me a Tour Green shaft and it's going in tomorrow. Test Drive drivers going back on Monday.

Still happy with this Driver. The different shaft really made the difference for me. Had a 13 out of 14 Fairways hit one round late last year. If you get the orange shaft a
Consider tweaking your ball choices to lower your launch.

Grabbed a 10.5 off the bay today to play around with. Will put some feedback in here as soon as I get a chance to put it in play. Should be in tomorrow!

You may want to start a new thread since this is on the older driver.

Back