Bridgestone TOUR B Golf Balls

I played the RX and RXS and can't feel a difference between them with any club. However, my full iron shots are noticeably higher with the RXS ball. This is the primary reason why I'm enjoying the RXS ball.
For someone with higher spin on driver it is amplified on the RXS...RX spins less, however still "sticks" to the greens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

For someone with higher spin on driver it is amplified on the RXS...RX spins less, however still "sticks" to the greens.

Agree. I'm on the other side of the spin spectrum.

The RX great off the driver for me since it’s lower spin. I have no trouble holding greens with it. Here are a few shots into greens

6i

cc5904b017d6e21bafe73f2951c04f8d.jpg

8i

8de473604f9f95192680120202f47c77.jpg

53*

dd5d2aa2e660358f80ef7901679115b5.jpg

The RX great off the driver for me since it’s lower spin. I have no trouble holding greens with it. Here are a few shots into greens

6i

cc5904b017d6e21bafe73f2951c04f8d.jpg

8i

8de473604f9f95192680120202f47c77.jpg

53*

dd5d2aa2e660358f80ef7901679115b5.jpg
Great pics and awesome shots! Agree that RX works for me...

Great pics and awesome shots! Agree that RX works for me...

I am seeing the same results with this ball next time I am on the course need to grab some pictures

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Played maybe my 3rd full round with the RXS, coming from the BX, and hit 13/14 fairways and 12/18 GIR... Now granted I'm starting to strike the ball better, but how much of it has to do with the RXS? Not sure...I do know that I tend to come in steep on the ball, so I have high spin. I feel like the RXS had helped with the drives, getting more roll, and I'm getting more carry (less spin, but still stopping easily) on my irons... Just wish I had a GC2

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I played the RX and RXS and can't feel a difference between them with any club. However, my full iron shots are noticeably higher with the RXS ball. This is the primary reason why I'm enjoying the RXS ball.

This is the second year playing the RXS. Today I played the RX on the front nine.
Agree with the flight as the RX had a lower trajectory. Enough to notice a difference.
Even though I scored okay with the RX, the feel was also firmer than I like and will be going back to the RXS or giving the Chrome Soft its first shot as I miss not having more spin around the green.

Event guys.....BX....and BXS. What is the main difference? I see they are advertising more "feel" on the BXS. Does that means its softer feeling?

@Pkorf...I think you were the only one fit into the BXS right? Does it feel hard to you?

Sorry bud literally just circling back. My apologies as it’s been a crazy week or so since the event.

I will echo exactly what @vortex said. The ball almost feels (in hand) tacky / sticky. I am a pretty low spin iron player based on my AOA and low ball flight. As soon as I switched to this ball.....without doing anything my ball flight went up, my angle of decent became steeper and my spin on my irons went up.

I’m hitting it further than prov1x by a good 6-10yds (which is pretty amazing) and have dramatically increased my iron spin. I’m talking, stopping on a dime or if caught regally crisp, spinning back 5-10’ with 8-9-pw-gw-sw-lw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m playing the Tour B RX this weekend after playing the Tour B XS last three rounds for a comparison. Plenty of spin with the B XS with my irons but I’m thinking need a little less with the driver. Not getting much rollout.

Should be fun to see if I notice any difference. Love the yellow color on these.

b4289f417eefefb9ca8d79da14f5b6f5.jpg

Played the BX tonight for 9 and everything seemed spot on. I’ve been playing the B330s/Tour BXS for years and loved them as they were my favorite ball, but this is making me think I’ve been playing the wrong ones. I think the lower spin helps me more than the extra spin around the greens.

Got out this morning for 18 and put the RX in play. Finished +12 which is one stroke off my personal best and it was simply because I couldn’t putt. This was my first round since the event and my course’s greens aren’t quite up to the same standard as Firestone’s. Every putt was half way to the hole. If the putter was even half as good as it normally is I would have flirted with 70s. Incredibly happy with this ball. Drives seemed to be a little straighter than with the QstarTour and the RX held the green WAY better. Really excited for the potential this ball has to offer going forward

I've been using the RXS for most of my rounds since the Bridgestone event but have quite a RX hoard so I used one in my singles match this AM. Shot 37/41. It was the best round at my home course in 2 years. Playing again tomorrow and will use RXS. It's an apples and oranges comparison but curious if anything shows up on the scorecard (RX vs RXS). As mentioned in other posts, I really like approach shots with the RXS.

28 putts today so that club deserves most of the credit.

Sorry I’ve been abset from here I just haven’t had any new data to provide, I haven’t swung a club since the THP Bridgestone Championship due to personal problems.

Took the kids to the short game practice area yesterday. We compared the sleeve of TourB XS to ProV1’s. All of us were impressed with the XS and it’s ability to check up. It stopped noticeably quicker than ProV1’s on all shots we hit (mostly bunker shots and 20-30 yard pitches. I’ve never had a ball hop and stop within a foot or two on a 20 yard shot. If I clipped the XS right it did that, frankly I was very impressed. All three of us agreed that it stopped noticeably shorter than the other test subject.

They’re not the ball for me as my driver spin would be way too high with them, but if golf was played from 100 yards in, they’d be my ball. The TourB RX is best for my game, it provides less driver spin and goes straighter. It still has enough short game spin to be good around the green, but man that XS is just nuts at the control you get with it around the greens.

I’m going to have to hit a full GW with one during a practice round into a green just to see what kind of dancing they’ll do. That’ll be fun.

Played the Tour B RX for 36 holes this weekend and no question it's longer then the Tour B XS for me off the driver. Noticeably longer and straighter which I loved, must be the lower spin. I thought I had plenty of spin with the short game and irons so I'll be playing this ball going forward as it also comes in yellow which I really want.

I did some putting at the local practice green Saturday night with the RX and my gamer Srixon Q Star Tour. I still feel the Bridgestone feels harder to me. I do like the QST better off the putter face still. Def not done with this ball yet

Edgewood - Lake Tahoe. Life is good...and so are Bridgestone balls.

61056bb0da1affbe2136fbc85bbf4c2c.jpg

Edgewood - Lake Tahoe. Life is good...and so are Bridgestone balls.

61056bb0da1affbe2136fbc85bbf4c2c.jpg

Nice!! You live an enchanted life for sure!!:)

I don’t have a ton of info to put out. I missed the ball fitting details because I’m dumb and wasn’t paying attention and arrived with one too many drinks me in me. Wild swipe after swipe led me nowhere, but based on my spin demons, the RX was the right ball for me.

Fast forward to now. I had a sleeve of XS’s. They worked EXTREMELY well for my newly turned 14 year old. He dang near won the county tournament with them (lost in a sudden death playoff). He’s a better (gulp! swallowing pride) golfer than me now.

With the XS he is hitting the ball from the tee 275-330 wind and terrain dependent. They are significantly longer than his prior ball of choice the Duo-U. It’s hard to say exactly how much since he’s growing so fast right now and gaining CHS. I only gave him a sleeve and he did lose one of them, so he only has two left after 4 rounds with them. That’s crazy to me as I feel pretty good getting through nine playing the same ball. These are tournament rounds though with spectators so there’s been some help finding wayward tee shots in the rough. He normally hits a low(ish) draw, so the real another test would be can he hold greens with them. Yes, yes he can. They are among the most greenside control balls I’ve ever seen which usually means a sacrifice in distance. That’s not the case, at least for him and probably anyone else that shares similar traits in CHS and ball flight.

Biggest problem he thinks he’s going to run into is he has to use school supplied balls during school play. He’s asking his coach if that’s absolutely required today as he used them once and didn’t like them at all.

If you haven’t tried the TourB line, you are doing yourself a disservice. They have 4 tour level balls and one of them will fit your game. Their E12 line are great “value” category balls and some that they make under other lines offer great performance for the price. This years balls are crazy good and next years will be even better! I hadn’t really given Bridgestone balls a fair shake just because there are so many choices out there and the only one I’d bought a dozen of a couple years back hadn’t agreed with me. But they’re really crazy good.

Played the Tour BXS yesterday for 9 holes. Definitely saw more spin off the tee with driver and 3w but more noticeably 3w I think. Ball feels great off the face of all clubs, not sure I need the extra spin though.

Got more time with the B RX this last weekend. My conclusion is this. I love the way its low spin off my woods. It feels harder around the greens chipping and putting. Im not sure I gain any distance from what I seen but it seemed my misses off the tee weren't as much with the RX compared to my current gamer. Its still a great ball, and its def a ball I would game anytime. But right now its still not enough to kick my current gamer out of the bag. I am still going to play it and keep testing it out so we'll see. Just my current thoughts

2BFAST;n8874548 said:
Got more time with the B RX this last weekend. My conclusion is this. I love the way its low spin off my woods. It feels harder around the greens chipping and putting. Im not sure I gain any distance from what I seen but it seemed my misses off the tee weren't as much with the RX compared to my current gamer. Its still a great ball, and its def a ball I would game anytime. But right now its still not enough to kick my current gamer out of the bag. I am still going to play it and keep testing it out so we'll see. Just my current thoughts

You know I liked your ball flight better with the RX compared to the QST. I know I know you like the feel of the other better around the greens I heard it all weekend but I like the RX in your bag. Not being biased, just my observation which you know

Ive been playing the B XS a lot more lately over the B X simply b/c I bought 4 dozen of them vs 1 dozen of the B X. I love both balls and think they're the best on the market....

I'm not one that believes or can tell on a course that one ball spins more or less off the tee. A few have mentioned noticing much more spin from driver and 3w. For me the only way to tell is on a launch monitor and most times you'll only see maybe 200rpm difference. I have had better driving days with the B X and it has been much more straighter than any ball ive played. Maybe you can attribute that to lower spin on the B X, but for me both are pretty much equal distance wise

Spin on the short irons are both very good. With the B X the ball is within a foot of the ball mark on the green. The B XS will have between 3 - 8 feet of backspin for my shots.

Where the B XS has shined over the B X is under 50 yards. On pitch shots with my 52 the B XS will land, hop once, and pretty much stop on a dime. The B X will usually have an extra hop in there but still stop pretty quick

IMO both balls perform exactly as they are described on the box. I dont think you can go wrong with either, but ive been leaning towards the B XS b/c its helped me get my chips around the green much much closer!

I just picked up a LOT of Tour B RX. Going to play it exclusively for a bit to see what real advantages I'll have.

Should be an interesting experience considering how firm our greens are right now.

jfrigo1003;n8875357 said:
I'm not one that believes or can tell on a course that one ball spins more or less off the tee. A few have mentioned noticing much more spin from driver and 3w. For me the only way to tell is on a launch monitor and most times you'll only see maybe 200rpm difference. I have had better driving days with the B X and it has been much more straighter than any ball ive played. Maybe you can attribute that to lower spin on the B X, but for me both are pretty much equal distance wise

I saw upwards of 700 rpm difference from my previous gamer to the BX. That's a game changer for me

Canadan;n8875364 said:
I just picked up a LOT of Tour B RX. Going to play it exclusively for a bit to see what real advantages I'll have.

Should be an interesting experience considering how firm our greens are right now.

its been a while since I watched the video but how did you end up in the RX again over the X?? Bridgestone's website recommends me to play the X. I know more things go in to it other than speed, but you have slightly more club head speed than me so just wondering why the RX worked better....

When I went to PGA store for a ball fitting the fitter immediately had me hit the RX. I didn't get to hit the B X vs the RX so I dont have a fair comparison

Canadan;n8875364 said:

I’ll be interested in hearing your thoughts on them. Super firm greens would be the ONLY reason I might switch from them to the X or XS. But they go much further for me and my bad spin demons that I’d be hitting s more lofted club and higher trajectory shot that I think it would still work out ok.

Ay any rate, I’m very interested in hearing your results.

Back