Bridgestone TourB XD-3 and TourB XD-5 Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These hit the USGA conforming list today.
They are black and white photos.

R2016-0593-M.jpg

R2016-0604-M.jpg

Oh man!!!

Are the XD-3 and XD-5 size designators?

Looks like they're going to be bonded? Hopefully they sound and feel like the J715 that thing felt fantastic. Balls took of like rockets off that thing.

Can't wait to see and hear more. Does not appear to be a weight port on the toe side which would not be good for me unless their in internal weighting to counteract the heel side weight.

Well this looks fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good for sure. Hopefully they will have more 411 for us soon.

Definitely looks bonded and looks like they are going with 2 sizes again (smaller one jdm market only perhaps like j715). Very interesting channel design on the sole, the way it goes down the toe side but not heel side. I wonder what kind of tech is in those

Will be really interested in hearing more about these, I like the looks of them already.

Those look great, looking forward to hearing more about them.

to me it looks like one is bonded, one is adjustable

that cutout running toe side might be for flexing and better ball speed retention on toe hits

i do love what bstone does. will be following this closely.

Interesting timing as I just booked a plane ticket to go visit Bridgestone HQ in the next couple of weeks.

If I bought only on the looks of the sole of club, I'd be buying this. Something just screams compress the sh!t out of a B330S! #noice

I wonder what Bridgestone's logic is in sticking with bonded? Not that I see anything wrong with it, but they're certainly zigging when other companies are zagging in that regard.

Those look mean!

Those are really sleek looking. Another nice looking club from Bridgestone.

Still have yet to hit a bridgestone driver. But I like the looks of this one.

Bridgestone keeping up in the looks department. I really need to find somewhere to try out some of their equipment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Interesting!

I want to see if they keep the face milling or move away from it.

Those look like flex ridges; their shape and placement is really interesting.

I wonder what Bridgestone's logic is in sticking with bonded? Not that I see anything wrong with it, but they're certainly zigging when other companies are zagging in that regard.

Helps them have a lower price point with bonded.

They both looks good, that's for sure!

Helps them have a lower price point with bonded.

True, but I'm wondering if it's more than that. Do they think that additional adjustability is a waste?

Back