Briggs Ranch Golf Course

Man after following the Goat Cup I cannot wait to play this course
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

It sure looks like a fun course to play
I don't think anybody that's visited multiple Dormie properties would say it's the "best" of all the courses. There are some real standouts in their portfolio, but like you said - it's incredibly fun to play (after the first two holes are done) and the property as a whole is just perfect for THP'rs to get together. It's a very special place to me.

I don't think anybody that's visited multiple Dormie properties would say it's the "best" of all the courses. There are some real standouts in their portfolio, but like you said - it's incredibly fun to play (after the first two holes are done) and the property as a whole is just perfect for THP'rs to get together. It's a very special place to me.

I see everyone say the same thing, but having only played Briggs I can't imagine how much better the others must be if Briggs is so far down the list. It is much more visually attractive in person, and has more slope than it looks in photos. Some very challenging holes, but some very playable holes, options to use slopes to bring shots on without going over trouble. A lot of fun. Pristine condition. Hopefully I get to see some of the "better" Dormie clubs one day, 'cause they must be insane.

I see everyone say the same thing, but having only played Briggs I can't imagine how much better the others must be if Briggs is so far down the list. It is much more visually attractive in person, and has more slope than it looks in photos. Some very challenging holes, but some very playable holes, options to use slopes to bring shots on without going over trouble. A lot of fun. Pristine condition. Hopefully I get to see some of the "better" Dormie clubs one day, 'cause they must be insane.
Maybe better isn't the right word. It's hard to compete with a course like Ballyhack or Vic National, no matter what course we're talking about.

Like you said, Briggs is tough, but very playable and invites a ton of creativity. You can plan many of the holes differently every round if you choose. Love it.

Maybe better isn't the right word. It's hard to compete with a course like Ballyhack or Vic National, no matter what course we're talking about.

Like you said, Briggs is tough, but very playable and invites a ton of creativity. You can plan many of the holes differently every round if you choose. Love it.
Taste could be part, sure. Some people like lots of trees, or lots of elevation change, or more or less water, or the vibe. Sometimes a place just clicks for you and you don't know why. I just love golf courses in general and would play them all if I could. Like walking through an art museum. Each a little different, each with something cool to offer. Well, most anyway. Some flat out suck. :ROFLMAO:

I think Briggs is the most elevation change I've played and it's a baby compared to many. As a flat-lander I loved it. The vista from the 18th tee box is just beautiful with all the bluebonnets blooming and the oaks starting to turn green. Interesting without being overly crazy for someone not used to a lot of slopes.

Taste could be part, sure. Some people like lots of trees, or lots of elevation change, or more or less water, or the vibe. Sometimes a place just clicks for you and you don't know why. I just love golf courses in general and would play them all if I could. Like walking through an art museum. Each a little different, each with something cool to offer. Well, most anyway. Some flat out suck. :ROFLMAO:

I think Briggs is the most elevation change I've played and it's a baby compared to many. As a flat-lander I loved it. The vista from the 18th tee box is just beautiful with all the bluebonnets blooming and the oaks starting to turn green. Interesting without being overly crazy for someone not used to a lot of slopes.
Yea, as someone who has played a solid number of Florida courses, I find it much more enjoyable than most.

Man after following the Goat Cup I cannot wait to play this course
I get more excited the more I see of Briggs Ranch.

Briggs as a whole is superb. Of all the courses where I've played in THP experiences, I agree that it is a perfect venue. Maybe it's the big clubhouse and the feel it gives the property. Plus, the service at Briggs is better than any other course I've played. The food was amazing. Dormie would be second for service.

To me, I don't think #1 fits with the overall feel of Briggs I got from the other holes. It's a good and difficult golf hole don't get me wrong. It's just that the others fit better with the topography, and have more nuance, than 1. 1 doesn't have the character the other holes do.

Briggs was my first Dormie experience so that my color my decision to say its my favorite of the 2 I've visited.

Even Abe Ancer knows what’s good!
IMG_9436.png

Briggs one of GD 10 best in Texas...

Just a reminder of how freaking huge of a value THP Experiences are... this was an email sent through a two-man tour that I have played in. Bonkers difference in value between this and any THP Experience.

1711659317696.png

Just a reminder of how freaking huge of a value THP Experiences are... this was an email sent through a two-man tour that I have played in. Bonkers difference in value between this and any THP Experience.

View attachment 9252278
Also shows how ripped off people get in some of those things. Multiple rounds and equipment of some sort for 599? Huge savings and a way better experience.

Also shows how ripped off people get in some of those things. Multiple rounds and equipment of some sort for 599? Huge savings and a way better experience.

Agreed. They have a cash pot, as well, but it looks like only about $600/person goes to the purse.

Agreed. They have a cash pot, as well, but it looks like only about $600/person goes to the purse.
We call that a joookkeee

Back