Bring your own blower to the course?

I should bring one to even out my disadvantage from my 20/400 vision in the left eye. It sucks trying to find balls in the leaves. Yellow and/or Truvis balls help track it in the air, but once they're in the leaves, it's over.

This is the 3rd insta post I’ve seen that has a golfer bringing their own leaf blower to the course.

Do you do this?

I can think of a bunch of guys who would play a lot faster with one of these on the bag haha

Ive never done that but it is a good idea. Leaves on the green can get annoying at times.

One of my regular golf buddies carries one on his battery pushcart and we used it a couple of times today. I may pick up a small blower for next fall as mine is a big backpack blower. Unfortunately, our golf club may shut down earlier than the planned November 3rd date as our high temps all next week are forecasted to be in the high 30's. ? Saturday is likely my last round in MN until April.

It’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard of.
Top 10?

It's a bit much. I've never seen it and kind of hope i never do....although if it benefits me because the guy is in the group ahead and the greens are cleaner...

One of my regular golf buddies carries one on his battery pushcart and we used it a couple of times today. I may pick up a small blower for next fall as mine is a big backpack blower. Unfortunately, our golf club may shut down earlier than the planned November 3rd date as our high temps all next week are forecasted to be in the high 30's. ? Saturday is likely my last round in MN until April.

April..... I guess you're planning on a mild winter! ;)

This is the first I’ve ever seen this. Points for creativity for sure.

April..... I guess you're planning on a mild winter! ;)

Lol, let's just hope for a normal one which would open some MN courses in late March.

Last year I played April 3rd and then we had a snowstorm on April 9th. Our 30 year average opening date at our club is April 4th. Fortunately, I'll be in South Florida for 45+ days between November 15th and the end of March.

Never saw this before but if you got the room to carry one good for you. If i got paired up with that person would probably ask to borrower it.

Give me the the tow behind version for the golf cart I'll be like

buffalo-turbine.jpg

This is too funny, never seen or even thought about. I’ve probably had leaves, twigs help my putts as much as hurt. We’re pretty lucky where I play, they blow greens and fairways every morning, first thing.

I think I’m going to buy one. My course is usually free of leaves on calm days but nothing you can do on windy ones.

A buddy of mine had a gas powered leaf blower in the cart last round. Luckily we did not have to use it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think that is a bit over the line.

Give me the the tow behind version for the golf cart I'll be like

buffalo-turbine.jpg
We use to run a couple of those at my old course. IIRC They're called a Buffalo Turbine Blower. They're pretty efficient but we never used them on the actual greens. We'd send a few guys out with backpack blowers for greens and surrounds.

We use to run a couple of those at my old course. IIRC They're called a Buffalo Turbine Blower. They're pretty efficient but we never used them on the actual greens. We'd send a few guys out with backpack blowers for greens and surrounds.

Greens are cute but I want to be able to find my ball in the rough in during Vermont foliage :LOL: And yes, the turbine blowers are glorious. There were a couple of them working in tandem at mountain course in Vermont near me, and it was impressive. So much more efficient than the old PTO-driven tractor blower from back in the day.

It’s probably hollow and full of beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been toying with the idea of finding a quiet electric one for the greens.

Ive actually thought if this before. Bug honestly especially at my level it be a bit ridiculous. Tjough I think its a good idea. of course so long as ione doesn't spend so much time.

Can you imagine people waiting in a slow round and even if the group ahead is also waiting ahead of them. They would be killed for actually blowing a green while others are waiting to hit even if the group with the blower is also waiting.

Never

the conditions are what they are good, bad, or indifferent

Ya know, we're playing the lake course here tomorrow and they stopped mowing already. A blower in the cart just might come in handy... :unsure:

It would be nice for finding your ball in a leafy area. Anywhere on the course. Many times I have lost my ball knowing it was pretty certain to be in the fairway.

Using it on the greens, only if the course is pretty empty, and this time of year, odds are fairly good.

That’s sorta like bringing your own putter to mini-golf on a Friday night

I blame this thread for the conversation going on in my head right now:

'I can't reeally bring a blower. I mean, come on, that's weird.
Might be nice to have though...

I could hook on to one of the job trailers.. ? Then we would have one there if we decide we want it.

Yeah! That's not weird. I'm always pulling a trailer.
They have room to park out there too."

So thanks, OITW Lol

Back