Bristol Palin's Boyfriend's Mom Arrested in Drug Case

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
I debated putting this in the "Chuckles" thread, but . . . well, there you have it.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/19/palin.boyfriend/index.html

Bristol Palin's boyfriend's mom arrested in drug case

Sherry Johnston, whose son is having a baby with the daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, was arrested Thursday on drug charges, Alaska State Police said.

Johnston's teenage son, Levi, is the boyfriend of Bristol Palin, eldest daughter of the former GOP vice-presidential nominee.

Johnston was arrested in her home in Wasilla, Alaska, on six felony counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance, police said.

The warrant resulted from an undercover investigation that "had been going on for a while," Alaska State Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters said.

Peters would not describe the type or amount of drugs allegedly involved in the arrest, saying such disclosures "could hamper the investigation."

Deborah Miller, supervisor of the criminal department in the clerk's office in Palmer, Alaska, told CNN that Sherry Johnston was released on bail and is scheduled to be arraigned January 6.

Palin spokesman Bill McAllister would not comment on the arrest.

"This is not a state government matter," he said.

Bristol Palin, the eldest daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and her boyfriend, Levi Johnston, in September.

I'm missing something here. Specifically, a verb.

kind of one of those pointless stories CNN loves to throw out there...

my moms sisters, best friend who has a couin, who dated a man from Boston, who was once married...

funny though, CNN is just making sure they keep their shots coming in to slam her in the next primary

Had this guy not been dating Palin's daughter this would not even be news. Who really care what Palin's daughters, boyfriends, mom is doing? Is there nothing else going on in the world worth reporting that they have to go to a story this far out of the spot light? Now had it been Palin that was busted it would be worth reporting.

I'm missing something here. Specifically, a verb.

That one was my fault. That line was the picture caption that stuck when I copied and pasted. I failed to remove it.

That one was my fault. That line was the picture caption that stuck when I copied and pasted. I failed to remove it.

Should have figured that out myself--I even followed you link and didn't see the (formerly) quoted material.

kind of one of those pointless stories CNN loves to throw out there...

my moms sisters, best friend who has a couin, who dated a man from Boston, who was once married...

funny though, CNN is just making sure they keep their shots coming in to slam her in the next primary

Had this guy not been dating Palin's daughter this would not even be news. Who really care what Palin's daughters, boyfriends, mom is doing? Is there nothing else going on in the world worth reporting that they have to go to a story this far out of the spot light? Now had it been Palin that was busted it would be worth reporting.

I agree. A worthless story by a national news agency. Should we be surprised they would do this?

In general, I have no sympathy for the knock-em-up-and-leave-em mentality (as a female, I have to say that), but even I almost feel sorry for this kid. I mean, he just did what gazillion teenage boys do all the time, and suddenly he's on national television, allegedly engaged to the girl.

Or, maybe that should happen to more guys, on the theory that they'd think with some other part of their anatomy? Nah, forget it.

In general, I have no sympathy for the knock-em-up-and-leave-em mentality (as a female, I have to say that), but even I almost feel sorry for this kid. I mean, he just did what gazillion teenage boys do all the time, and suddenly he's on national television, allegedly engaged to the girl.

Or, maybe that should happen to more guys, on the theory that they'd think with some other part of their anatomy? Nah, forget it.

I feel sorry for him because he chose the wrong girl to do it to (in more ways than 1).

And no it probably wouldn't make us think with some other part of our anatomy. You know the saying "Young, dumb, and full..."

I agree. A worthless story by a national news agency. Should we be surprised they would do this?

how about reporting the fact that there are people who have been without power for 14 days now, causing several deaths among the elderly?

no, that's not a good story though.... I have to hear about someone who is addicted to drugs, no... say it ain't so!

DDB -

As long as it's within the six degrees of separation, it has to have something to do with Palin. I wonder if Palin's daughter's boyfriend's mother's hairdresser's next door neighbor's dog has it's license and is up-to-date on shots? Sounds like a story to me. Someone better get CNN or SOMEONE out there right away.

how about reporting the fact that there are people who have been without power for 14 days now, causing several deaths among the elderly?

no, that's not a good story though.... I have to hear about someone who is addicted to drugs, no... say it ain't so!

They are reporting the power outage too.

And I'm all for any reporting that shines the light on something every teenager in this country knows, but that certain politicians and religious leaders can't seem to fathom - teaching and preaching abstinence alone does not work.

The worst part is that I know some parents like that, and they certainly didn't abstain.

DDB -

As long as it's within the six degrees of separation, it has to have something to do with Palin. I wonder if Palin's daughter's boyfriend's mother's hairdresser's next door neighbor's dog has it's license and is up-to-date on shots? Sounds like a story to me. Someone better get CNN or SOMEONE out there right away.

Maybe we can get 907 on that since he's up that way. We'll kick in some tee's or something for his trouble. :smile:

And I'm all for any reporting that shines the light on something every teenager in this country knows, but that certain politicians and religious leaders can't seem to fathom - teaching and preaching abstinence alone does not work.

The worst part is that I know some parents like that, and they certainly didn't abstain.

Although I certainly don't fit into that category, let me tell you I'm dreading the questions about what I did as a teenager. It's a miracle I'm alive and have no criminal record.

Although I certainly don't fit into that category, let me tell you I'm dreading the questions about what I did as a teenager. It's a miracle I'm alive and have no criminal record.

If I have daughters, I'm buying a gun just so I can clean it when the boyfriends come over.

If I have daughters, I'm buying a gun just so I can clean it when the boyfriends come over.

... I can't even fathom that idea, she'll never have a boyfriend she'll be home schooled!

Although I have always been a gentleman, I know there others out there who don't have the same values

That scares me!

They are reporting the power outage too.

Except the story has nothing to do with who her son knocked up nor the girl's mother. They chose to add that to take another stab at Palin. Can someone post the FOX News story on this? I see it's on the first page of CNN's website and it isn't even on the Politics page on FOX. I wonder why? Maybe because it's a non-issue.

What are you talking about? Your kids will never believe that you were a teenager once. I never believed my mom. Just tell them you can't remember your teenage years because it was SOOO long ago. :banana: :bicker:

oh small, I love your words of wisdom!

What are you talking about? Your kids will never believe that you were a teenager once. I never believed my mom. Just tell them you can't remember your teenage years because it was SOOO long ago. :banana: :bicker:

I have NEVER talked to either of my parents on that issue... as far as I know I was delivered by a stalk!

... I can't even fathom that idea, she'll never have a boyfriend she'll be home schooled!

Although I have always been a gentleman, I know there others out there who don't have the same values

That scares me!

My daughter would never see the light of day. There's a country song called "Cleaning my gun". Check it out. To quote the song "I hope she'll never find the teenage boy I use to be."

as far as I know I was delivered by a stalk!

A stalk?

258739.JPG

Say it out loud, Nimrod. He's from Boston.

And it's not just the sex. "Did you ever smoke cigarettes? Did you ever take drugs? Did you ever...?"

Back