Golfin Rev

Reaction score
Handicap
Was hitting my 6 iron on the range (mats) and totally messed up and ended up bending the club. Tried to straighten it, and it snapped on me! So is it cheaper to take it to a shop and get a new shaft in it, or just buy a replacement 6 iron?

First thing I'd do is change the original post to indicate the type of clubs you are playing. You never know, someone around here may just have a 6i laying around that they'd give you.

Usually it is cheaper to replace the shaft!

Was hitting my 6 iron on the range (mats) and totally messed up and ended up bending the club. Tried to straighten it, and it snapped on me! So is it cheaper to take it to a shop and get a new shaft in it, or just buy a replacement 6 iron?
I would replace the shaft, and maybe take the opportunity to get lie angles checked out for the rest of the set.

Callaway XR
First thing I'd do is change the original post to indicate the type of clubs you are playing. You never know, someone around here may just have a 6i laying around that they'd give you.

Callaway XR

$51 on callaway preowned right now for a replacement. Different company, but when I replaced the shaft on one of my clubs it came out to $30 or so, so might be cheaper to go that route (though you'll have to add time for shipping back and forth).

You can get DG shafts for like $20 or $25

Back