Broken ECCO - My favorite golf shoes died

lazychicken

Reaction score
Handicap
These were by far the best golf shoes I've ever worn - The ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 BOA. I've had them about a year, still trying to hunt down the exact date. But two days ago while I was on the driving range warming up, I turned the BOA dial to make them snug like I always I do, and this happened (see picture). I have had several shoes with BOA and I have publicly stated that I will probably never buy another golf shoe with regular laces after. But wow. This sucked!

I had a scheduled match yesterday early afternoon and could not put my hands on my backup shoes for some reason, so I ended up quickly buying a pair of inexpensive FootJoy Flex just to get me through the round (defying my statement about not buying any more non-BOA golf shoes). But I definitely need to get back into some comfortable waterproof shoes soon. Going to ping ECCO and see if they'll do anything to help. Of course I don't know if I have the receipt, but I'll keep looking. This is frustrating for any shoe, but these certainly weren't cheap!

Ecco broken BOA loop.jpg

These were by far the best golf shoes I've ever worn - The ECCO BIOM Hybrid 3 BOA. I've had them about a year, still trying to hunt down the exact date. But two days ago while I was on the driving range warming up, I turned the BOA dial to make them snug like I always I do, and this happened (see picture). I have had several shoes with BOA and I have publicly stated that I will probably never buy another golf shoe with regular laces after. But wow. This sucked!

I had a scheduled match yesterday early afternoon and could not put my hands on my backup shoes for some reason, so I ended up quickly buying a pair of inexpensive FootJoy Flex just to get me through the round (defying my statement about not buying any more non-BOA golf shoes). But I definitely need to get back into some comfortable waterproof shoes soon. Going to ping ECCO and see if they'll do anything to help. Of course I don't know if I have the receipt, but I'll keep looking. This is frustrating for any shoe, but these certainly weren't cheap!

View attachment 8944610
I love my ecco shoes. I have only ever had the laced version, but a pair usually lasts me 5 years+

View attachment 8944610
My experience with ECCO have been over the top.
I have not doubt that they will send you a UPS label to send them back for their review, and give you a merchandise credit to buy a new pair on their website.

I love my Eccos and I really wanted the BOA system, but I went with the lace version because that system seemed like it could be the weak link. Hopefully they take care of you - after all there will be A LOT of us watching to see if their extreme prices come with the customer service one would expect!

I love my ecco shoes.
I'm with you. I've liked my other ones, but the very first time I put these BIOM Hybrid 3 shoes on I got that "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?" kind of comfortable. And that lasted right up until 2 days ago. As much as I like novelty and resist buying the same thing twice, I would absolutely buy these again if I ended up having to.

I have the Biom Hybrid 2 Hydromax (laces) and they are comfy. They are not my only shoes, but I wear them often

What size do you wear? I have a pair of these sitting at home that I didn't care for the fit of. Think I wore them for one round and went back to my biom 2 hybrids.

What size do you wear? I have a pair of these sitting at home that I didn't care for the fit of. Think I wore them for one round and went back to my biom 2 hybrids.

44 ...(fingers crossed)

44 ...(fingers crossed)

Ooh, let me check. they are either 43 or 44, I think 44 but will check when I get home from work and be back to you.

44 ...(fingers crossed)

Just checked my budget golf history and other Eccos are 44s. so 99.9% these are also 44s. Will confirm and PM you pics and if you want them I will give you as a good of a deal as you find since they aren't doing anything but sitting in my house and making my shoe collection look more like hoarding than collecting.

Sorry for your loss

If Ecco wont do anything, I found dozens for about half what you paid on Google...

View attachment 8944610

Hopefully, you find that receipt. If they are, in fact, less than 1 year old, I'd hope they're covered under warranty.

Hopefully, you find that receipt. If they are, in fact, less than 1 year old, I'd hope they're covered under warranty.
Interestingly, ECCO didn't ask for a receipt when I submitted the warranty case today. I am not wired to take advantage of a company by lying, but I don't think I am. I think I'm under a year. At least to the best of my ability to recreate a timeline based on milestones. So we'll see what happens.

Ecco is a great company. They make some amazingly comfortable shoes regardless if they are for golf or not.

Interestingly, ECCO didn't ask for a receipt when I submitted the warranty case today. I am not wired to take advantage of a company by lying, but I don't think I am. I think I'm under a year. At least to the best of my ability to recreate a timeline based on milestones. So we'll see what happens.

Seems reasonable. I mean, that's what this game is built on, right? Without proof, we rely on our "best guess" sometimes.

They are 44. But either I wore them for a couple rounds or it was a wet one cause there is some brown spots on. Will pm pics over.

They are 44. But either I wore them for a couple rounds or it was a wet one cause there is some brown spots on. Will pm pics over.

Dude!! Those look fantastic! Thank you so much!! Wow!!

As I said on an entirely different thread. U Da Man.

Wow
Those shoes are not cheap are they!
Is the BoA that good?

Wow
Those shoes are not cheap are they!
Is the BoA that good?
I've become a pretty big fan of BOA, but ECCO certainly isn't the only manufacturer using it. I personally have never found shoes more comfortable than ECCO. Opinions vary of course, but that's mine. They just fit me really well.

Circling back to this thread after a few months to give an update. So I sent the broken shoe back on their UPS label, and then 3 or so weeks later I got an email from them bewildered as to why I didn’t send both shoes. I assumed they would just want the broken one. My bad. Mental note: Always send both shoes. Anyway they gave me another label and I sent the other shoe. And then the really long wait began. And that went until today when I got an email saying they have approved my claim and they gave me a coupon code for $250 to buy another pair from their online store.

I’d say that’s crazy great customer service!

The only problem is I really like BOA laces and it appears Ecco has fallen out of love with BOA since none of their recent shoes have it. So I may end up going back to regular laces...LIKE AN ANIMAL!!

Circling back to this thread after a few months to give an update. So I sent the broken shoe back on their UPS label, and then 3 or so weeks later I got an email from them bewildered as to why I didn’t send both shoes. I assumed they would just want the broken one. My bad. Mental note: Always send both shoes. Anyway they gave me another label and I sent the other shoe. And then the really long wait began. And that went until today when I got an email saying they have approved my claim and they gave me a coupon code for $250 to buy another pair from their online store.

I’d say that’s crazy great customer service!

The only problem is I really like BOA laces and it appears Ecco has fallen out of love with BOA since none of their recent shoes have it. So I may end up going back to regular laces...LIKE AN ANIMAL!!
That is awesome! Love my Eccos shoes. Just bought 2 new pair last night to replace favorites that are wearing out. Great to hear they sorted you out. Go spend that money!

I've got the lace version. Best golf shoes ever. Toe box is roomy and the footbed really works for my footshape.

Back