Brooks Koepka PGA Championship Winner - WITB

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Driver: TaylorMade M3 9.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70TX
3wood: TaylorMade M2 Tour HL 16.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 70TX
Irons: Nike vapor Fly Pro 3i Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X / Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-P True Temper DG Tour Issue x100
Wedges: Vokey SM7 52-12F, 56-10S, 60-08M True Temper DG Toir Issue S400
Putter: Scotty Camwron T10 Select Newport 2
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

A nice mixed bag that he plays well.
They said he had to have his driver head replaced this week?

THREE majors for Mizuno.

No dollars paid.

#Winning

THREE majors for Mizuno.

No dollars paid.

#Winning
3...this season? I don't think Molinari and Reed play Mizuno, do they?

3...this season? I don't think Molinari and Reed play Mizuno, do they?

Koepka has won 3 majors with Mizuno irons an in the bag. 2 US Open wins and now the PGA. Not all this season.

Koepka has won 3 majors with Mizuno irons an in the bag. 2 US Open wins and now the PGA. Not all this season.

Bingo.

THREE majors with the JPX 900's, with zero payola.

Ah, I was thinking this year, not just Brooks' 3 wins. I know a few other Nike guys have Mizunos in the bag too.

A nice mixed bag that he plays well.
They said he had to have his driver head replaced this week?

Yup, he cracked one and got a new one.

Bingo.

THREE majors with the JPX 900's, with zero payola.

Yet Mizuno has discontinued the JPX 900 product line. Seemss to me like Mizuno should have koepka'd that model line going :)

So a clean sweep this year. 4 Majors won by guys not under OEM contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, I thought I saw him with a GAPR in hand, but I guess that was the Nike Vapro Pro 3i. Dude is having a hell of a season!

Yet Mizuno has discontinued the JPX 900 product line. Seemss to me like Mizuno should have koepka'd that model line going :)

It’s the normal release cycle. The 919s are pretty similar, look better imo and are more forgiving. You don’t see callaway having guys win with apex pros, then keep making apex pros when the epic came out. Or TM seeing guys win the P790s then deciding to not release the M3/M4. Just a product lifecycle

Sent from HTX

It’s the normal release cycle. The 919s are pretty similar, look better imo and are more forgiving. You don’t see callaway having guys win with apex pros, then keep making apex pros when the epic came out. Or TM seeing guys win the P790s then deciding to not release the M3/M4. Just a product lifecycle

Sent from HTX

Yes, I know companies are inclined to do 18 month or 2 year product model cycles. But I'm not sure it makes good business sense.
Ping, for example, had a solid 10 year run with its Eye 2 model irons. Through those years Tour pros kept the Eye 2's in their bags, amateurs played them, people saw them, people bought them etc...and the Eye 2 model became an iconic classic within the world of golf. From a business perspective, I think there may be some merit to longer product life cycles.
I am interested now to see if Koepka sticks with the JPX 900 Tour model irons or if he takes money from another company to play their irons.

Yes, I know companies are inclined to do 18 month or 2 year product model cycles. But I'm not sure it makes good business sense.
Ping, for example, had a solid 10 year run with its Eye 2 model irons. Through those years Tour pros kept the Eye 2's in their bags, amateurs played them, people saw them, people bought them etc...and the Eye 2 model became an iconic classic within the world of golf. From a business perspective, I think there may be some merit to longer product life cycles.
I am interested now to see if Koepka sticks with the JPX 900 Tour model irons or if he takes money from another company to play their irons.

He’s already having Mizuno make him a set of the 919, as is Patrick Reed.

Sent from HTX

Sent from HTX

Man I've been sleeping or something. Never heard of 919 . I thought the 918 line was Mizuno's latest.

Nice one!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

He's not going to sign anywhere til his nike contract his up. He's able to play whatever he wants and still get paid by nike.

That button back oh my how I want one.

Nike 3i is interesting

Hahahaha, I see what you did there, and I like it!

I think it's pushed their momentum though, hell around here which is NOT mizuno country people are even talking. If the new models go into play for them, then they're definitely onto something.

When will they be able to make mine? Anxiously waiting the new release!

The more he plays....the more I love his demeanor and game. Happy for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk of potential new one coming. Price of current ones oh there just went up again. I traded mine for a discount on a super rat.

I’ll keep a look out for the new ones. I’ve looked around and a legit button back are fetching some serious coin.

Back