Brooks Koepka Playing Srixon

If people actually try the Srixon drivers and give them an honest shake, I think they would be impressed at how they stackup to Callaway,TM, anyone. If Brooks puts a ZX driver in play that could be huge for perceptions.

It's a big signing for sure as only Rory and Brooks have 4 Majors for the under 50 set.

The funny thing is about PGA Tour golf is they don't need to play well and the best example is Speith making over $30M a year from sponsors last year. Rory's deal with Nike was $250M for 10 years and I think Koepka has a resume that allows him to sign 10 year deals no matter what his future pay looks like. I'm guessing Koepka sponsorship income from Nike and all the others is in the same realm(maybe higher with 4 majors) as someone like JT who made $23M last year off the course with only one major under his belt.
It never ceases to amaze me how big the sponsorship/endorsement money can be.

It never ceases to amaze me how big the sponsorship/endorsement money can be.

And they don't necessarily have to play well as @tahoebum pointed out previously. They just need to be identifiable by people.

Am I confused this morning?

Simple mistake, lol. Tiger is the GOAT and I should have included him but when talking golf majors my brain puts Tiger and Jack in a different stratosphere sort of like Gretzky when talking hockey stats.

If Brooks gets one more major he'll be tied with Phil and the only men alive that will have more are Jack, Tiger, Player, Watson, Trevino, and Faldo.

Anyone have news if it’s official or just using/testing irons.

Anyone have news if it’s official or just using/testing irons.

If you are asking if he signed a staff contract?
No, he is not a Srixon staffer.

Just testing the gear?

I was told he has switched. whether that means playing as a free agent or under contract. I am not sure.

I was told he has switched. whether that means playing as a free agent or under contract. I am not sure.

Thanks for the reply - I think either way great move for Srixon, definitely a brand I root for and want to be successful. If Koepka gets back in the winners column this year will be pretty cool

Thanks for the reply - I think either way great move for Srixon, definitely a brand I root for and want to be successful. If Koepka gets back in the winners column this year will be pretty cool

Well, I am hearing some interesting info on this.. More to come..

Used to be the case, not really anymore. Pretty evenly split across the top 100 between TaylorMade, Ping and Callaway.

With edges to companies based on the week.

I just heard Gary Woodland is going RadSpeed this week.

I don't think it was an equipment issue. It was a knee issue.
with tour guys, equipment should never be the issue. They can get what they want. It comes down to a few other things I think.

Wow this is huge for Srixon if he sticks with these clubs. Very cool.

recent comments: "He doesn’t have an equipment sponsor for a good reason: “The freedom,” he said. “I get to play whatever I want. I get to play whatever company might be the best for me. I get to try everybody’s new stuff and I don’t have to be tied down or locked down.”

also said this recently......
Koepka also doesn’t have to mention brands by name, as evidenced by his decision to not clarify the name of the driver he was using during a post-round presser. “They don’t pay me, so I’m not mentioning their name,” he said.

Sooooo sorry fellas. I doubt he SIGNS with anyone and if this is his mantra when asked about it......lol.

This is a huuuuge deal. Pumped for the Srixon/Cleveland brand!

recent comments: "He doesn’t have an equipment sponsor for a good reason: “The freedom,” he said. “I get to play whatever I want. I get to play whatever company might be the best for me. I get to try everybody’s new stuff and I don’t have to be tied down or locked down.”
This is like when a washed up wide receiver becomes a free agent. They think it's freedom. To everyone else, they suck.

also said this recently......
Koepka also doesn’t have to mention brands by name, as evidenced by his decision to not clarify the name of the driver he was using during a post-round presser. “They don’t pay me, so I’m not mentioning their name,” he said.

Sooooo sorry fellas. I doubt he SIGNS with anyone and if this is his mantra when asked about it......lol.

I feel like there was/is a good reason. He is just not being genuine about what that reason was/is.

Last edited:
This is like when a washed up wide receiver becomes a free agent. They think it's freedom. To everyone else, they suck.
Are you saying Brooks Koepka is washed up?

Back