Brooks or Bryson: Who Wins Next Major First?

Brooks or Bryson: Who Wins Next Major First?

• 1 Brooks

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • 2 Bryson

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • 3 Neither One Wins Another One

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Let's talk about the "rivals." Who do you think wins their next major first, Brooks or Bryson, and why? Don't forget to vote in the poll!

Bryson.

I think Bryson and think he gets one this year. I'm just not sure how healthy Brooks is or will be again. I think Bryson's best is still ahead of him, but Brooks is behind him.

Last edited:
I'm going with Bryson. I feel like he has more momentum, and a better attitude / mental game.

Bryson is going to win another one no doubt

Brooks has the mental toughness, it’s his body that concerns me. Physical issues for him seem to grow each season so going with Bryson here

Gotta go with Bryson here. I like Brooks but he doesn’t seem to be the same after his knee injury

Going with Brooks. Because I like him more and because I recall reading that he crushed Bryson in whatever that exhibition thing was they played a few months ago.

Bryson

Gotta go with Bryson here. I like Brooks but he doesn’t seem to be the same after his knee injury
New clubs this year, new ball. Likely healthier, never know.

If he loses this poll as badly as it looks like he might, I might have to tweet it at him, give him some motivation.

LOL, to watch him act the part he doesn't give AF what we think :ROFLMAO:.

I'm gonna go with Bryson. His game is more volatile, but when he's on, he's ON.

If I had to wager on one (and I do like to bet) I would have to pick Bryson. I think most of the reasons are obvious and have been previously stated. Health being #1.

Definitely don't think he's done just yet. But I like Bryson to get it done first. I think they both get at least 1 more.

Brooks had a much better year in the majors in 2021 than Bryson. While he MC in the Masters he was T2 in the PGA, 4th in the US Open and 6th in the Open Championship. Bryson was 46 in the Masters, 38 in the PGA, 26 in the US Open and 33 in the Open Championship. Overall Brooks had a much better year you could argue he was in contention in 3 majors and Brooks wasn't really a factor anywhere.

I do think both are going to win more majors and I wouldn't be surprised if either wins one this year.

While I'd normally champion Bryson, I kind of feel a Brooks Major come up with the added momentum of some changes, but I still expect Bryson to have the better year.

Brooks had a much better year in the majors in 2021 than Bryson. While he MC in the Masters he was T2 in the PGA, 4th in the US Open and 6th in the Open Championship. Bryson was 46 in the Masters, 38 in the PGA, 26 in the US Open and 33 in the Open Championship. Overall Brooks had a much better year you could argue he was in contention in 3 majors and Brooks wasn't really a factor anywhere.

I do think both are going to win more majors and I wouldn't be surprised if either wins one this year.

Good post here. People might be sleeping on Brooks

Going to go brooks, even though I would prefer Bryson. (I like Brooks alot as well). I feel like automatically he suits better at 2/4 majors in the Open and at Augusta. A typical US open venue favors Bryson but Brooks has won 2 already so that's a toss up to me. I haven't seen enough of southern hills to judge that. Also the changes with the Greens books will be a determining factor. Bryson was pretty poor on the greens at Kapalua.

Brooks has been close at Augusta the last few years. I would favor Bryson at US Open (Country Club) and PGA (Southern Hills) this year and right now Brooks at Open (St Andrews). So Brooks is my answer just because Augusta is first.

I think Bryson gets another one this year or next.

That is true. I certainly don’t hate Srixon but I have to wonder why he went for the sponsorship. He was always a fan of mixed bags and he definitely doesn’t need the money. Perhaps he just needs some time to adjust but it’s a very noticeable difference between his game now and pre injury/sponsorship

That is true. I certainly don’t hate Srixon but I have to wonder why he went for the sponsorship. He was always a fan of mixed bags and he definitely doesn’t need the money. Perhaps he just needs some time to adjust but it’s a very noticeable difference between his game now and pre injury/sponsorship
Isn't it always about the money?

Back