I think you overlook that it is the media, commentary, and others who gave him the “mad scientist” label and are the ones who constantly talk about distance with him. He is just being who he is. He didn’t run around screaming to the heavens that he is “the mad scientist”. Does he post work out stuff and things with him hitting bombs on social media? Sure he does but pretty much everyone else does as well. Do you hate Phil for posting Phil things on social media? Would you rather see dumb stuff like pictures of him wearing his girlfriend’s bikini? No. You expect people to post things on social media they are passionate about or interested in. You expect people to use those to advance their own brands.

Brooks on the other hand does nothing but stir up drama, whine, and cry like a little girl constantly. Is that who he is? Well I guess it is but I can’t see it as likable at all.

I am not trying to convince you one guy is better then the other. I have no dog in that fight. I do find your reasoning though a bit skewed.

I get the media covers Bryson for ratings, but last I checked they weren't hitting golf balls at night on the range trying to figure something out like the mad scientist, or try to claim faux relief from ants, or calculating air pressure, or having his guys spray water on golf balls while he is on the range. if that is not a "mad scientist" type of persona, I don't know what is. At the very least that comes across as attention seeking to me.

Again I am not defending Brooks or anything he does. My stance is that Brooks to me isn't hiding behind a brand or persona, he is who you see. I would imagine his "stirring up drama" as you put it, is just a no nonsense guy not buying the nonsense that Bryson is selling.

Bryson is on the other hand i cant say comes across as genuine at all. It could be a schtick and he is playing it up for the cameras, but for me at least, it doesn't make me a fan of who he is. The talent he has is undeniable, the other stuff is what i am not on board with.

I get the media covers Bryson for ratings, but last I checked they weren't hitting golf balls at night on the range trying to figure something out like the mad scientist, or try to claim faux relief from ants, or calculating air pressure, or having his guys spray water on golf balls while he is on the range. if that is not a "mad scientist" type of persona, I don't know what is. At the very least that comes across as attention seeking to me.

Again I am not defending Brooks or anything he does. My stance is that Brooks to me isn't hiding behind a brand or persona, he is who you see. I would imagine his "stirring up drama" as you put it, is just a no nonsense guy not buying the nonsense that Bryson is selling.

Bryson is on the other hand i cant say comes across as genuine at all. It could be a schtick and he is playing it up for the cameras, but for me at least, it doesn't make me a fan of who he is. The talent he has is undeniable, the other stuff is what i am not on board with.
But again that is who Bryson is. There is nothing fake about it. I can understand that those antics ma not appeal to you. But trying to say it is fake to garner attention is just not accurate at all.

I'll admit in the past I wasn't a Bryson fan, I wouldn't actually say I'm a fan but for me I have to give the guy credit. He is trying to do something no one else does. He works hard at his craft and sometimes he has fun doing it. I loved that tee shot at Bay Hill when he went over the lake with both hands up in the air, I thought it was fun.

I actually think Brooks comes across as more of a turd than Bryson does even though I did find this latest video hilarious.

This has become serious wild fire..

1622035441219.png

Bryson vs Brooks on Instagram. One dude is in bikini bottoms (maybe on his GF page). That is all I am going to say about that.

The other makes bacon shirtless on his.
But again that is who Bryson is. There is nothing fake about it. I can understand that those antics ma not appeal to you. But trying to say it is fake to garner attention is just not accurate at all.

So you know Bryson personally? Because he’s also the same guy who yelled at a camera man for hurting “his brand.” He’s the same guy who claims he wears that damn hat to honor Payne but then trademarks the hat himself with an outline of his stupid face. Two of these examples demonstrate Bryson is attempting to monetize on a certain image—“his brand.” That’s the type of thing that makes people roll their damn eyes at him.

I hope, deeply, that they are sharing texts saying "You see the s**t we got going on social? LOL!! What should we do next?"

So you know Bryson personally? Because he’s also the same guy who yelled at a camera man for hurting “his brand.” He’s the same guy who claims he wears that damn hat to honor Payne but then trademarks the hat himself with an outline of his stupid face. Two of these examples demonstrate Bryson is attempting to monetize on a certain image—“his brand.” That’s the type of thing that makes people roll their damn eyes at him.
What is wrong with that? Did Tiger not do the same thing? What makes Bryson so different?

So I have to know him personally? He was doing all this “mad scientist” stuff BEFORE they started calling him that. I also had the pleasure of talking with Mike Yagley at the 2018 MC who confirmed for us that yes that is who he is.

What is wrong with that? Did Tiger not do the same thing? What makes Bryson so different?

A “brand” is an image a person or company wants to project. It’s what they what people to see and think about them. It may or may not be true. My point was, given his concern about his “brand,” people have evidence from which they can draw their own conclusions that they find him to not be genuine.

You saying there is nothing fake, doesn't make it true. That is your opinion and i am not trying to change that. For me he is an attention seeking individual through his antics to build his brand, and that makes me not be a fan. Golf talent is one thing, the other stuff is what bugs me.

It's like anything in life, we all like what we like and dislike what we dislike. Bryson is just not a golfer/person I would care to like or be around based on what he is presenting online away from the golf course. He might be all that for many people, but for me I can do without him.

So I have to know him personally? He was doing all this “mad scientist” stuff BEFORE they started calling him that. I also had the pleasure of talking with Mike Yagley at the 2018 MC who confirmed for us that yes that is who he is.

I think it’s fair to say that most things Bryson has done that has made people roll their eyes have happened in the past 1-2 years. I don’t doubt Bryson is quirky and trying to find ways to do things better/differently, but he’s monetizing on this image (as a prudent business person would), which makes it fair for people to question its authenticity.

The question about your personal knowledge relates to you being completely dismissive of @mikeg_74’s opinion. Because if you don’t know him personally, we are all just drawing our own conclusions based on our own observations.

It's clear that your perspective on Bryson is set on the negative, refusing even the slightest chance that all the range stuff is genuine. I'm the other way. I've heard the stories about him off cam, I've watched his twitch streams and YouTube activity. I don't see a guy seeking attention using a 'method' I just see a guy who thinks differently from others.

...and I'll agree, some of his on course rules antics and slow play is very unlikable. No question about that. But having an issue with a guy grinding on the range late night? Why?

You saying there is nothing fake, doesn't make it true. That is your opinion and i am not trying to change that.
The same can be said for your position as well, right?

Can we take a second to talk about the most annoying part of this?

When someone makes a funny picture and half the world steals it to post it on their own with their own caption? Ugh, gross.

It's clear that your perspective on Bryson is set on the negative, refusing even the slightest chance that all the range stuff is genuine. I'm the other way. I've heard the stories about him off cam, I've watched his twitch streams and YouTube activity. I don't see a guy seeking attention using a 'method' I just see a guy who thinks differently from others.

...and I'll agree, some of his on course rules antics and slow play is very unlikable. No question about that. But having an issue with a guy grinding on the range late night? Why?

that's fair and why the discussion is fun. We all have different sensibilities and opinions based on what we like or don't.

as for the range, I am not negative about a guy trying to figure something out. I appreciate his golfing abilities and his want/need to get better. I will admit the media is as much of a culprit giving him the spotlight as he is seeking it. that whole episode under the flood lights was a bit much. I am sure many pros on tour each week use facilities late into the evening without the need to have it broadcast. Again it is a symbiotic relationship between the media needing ratings and Bryson providing more than enough content.

When someone makes a funny picture and half the world steals it to post it on their own with their own caption? Ugh, gross.

I have seen this as well. Probably the most annoying part of the gram.. One person is original and then there are thousands of imitators.

The same can be said for your position as well, right?
Absolutely, and I am not denying that. It's what makes the discussion fun. we all have our opinions and it's cool to provide our perspectives without the need to change the other side. Bryson fans are Bryson fans, I am not trying to change that. I am not one of them and I am ok with those who like him.

that's fair and why the discussion is fun. We all have different sensibilities and opinions based on what we like or don't.

as for the range, I am not negative about a guy trying to figure something out. I appreciate his golfing abilities and his want/need to get better. I will admit the media is as much of a culprit giving him the spotlight as he is seeking it. that whole episode under the flood lights was a bit much. I am sure many pros on tour each week use facilities late into the evening without the need to have it broadcast. Again it is a symbiotic relationship between the media needing ratings and Bryson providing more than enough content.
First of all, where was it said that he needed it broadcasted?
Second of all, name another pro that would grind that hard with a lead in a Major?

Why is it automatically assumed that he was doing that for his "image" and not to win a golf tournament?

I have spoken my peace on the subject of both of these guys. I don't like either of them haha. But, that picture is probably the best thing to come out of all of this lol.

Dang. Some of y'all should be PR reps for these two tour players. Y'all standing behind these guys like you getting paid and you don't even know them personally, lol.

In all fairness, without social media, this wouldn't even be as big as it is.

For sure. The other thing is this video wasn't even supposed to see the light of day. I wonder where its posting originated from. If I were either of their agents I would be absolutely pissed. How many other taped interviews are out there that could be posted on social and create another s**t storm?

Dang. Some of y'all should be PR reps for these two tour players. Y'all standing behind these guys like you getting paid and you don't even know them personally, lol.

That last statement applies to almost everything nowadays hahahaha

First of all, where was it said that he needed it broadcasted?
Second of all, name another pro that would grind that hard with a lead in a Major?

Why is it automatically assumed that he was doing that for his "image" and not to win a golf tournament?
He sure as hell didn’t tell the cameras to leave him alone because he was trying to win a major.

And I’m not interested in another pro, but I’m sure Tiger did as much prep between major rounds without anyone seeing it. I know Bryson isn’t Tiger, but he’s a pro that I can see who would dedicate time post rounds.

That last statement applies to almost everything nowadays hahahaha
Oh for sure! As Bobby Bouche's momma would say, "Social Media is the devil!" lol

Back