Brushing your teeth

To brush my teeth, I use

• Cold water

Votes: 100 83.3%
  • Hot water

Votes: 20 16.7%

• Total voters
All I know is that there's a lot of people with lotion in a basket around here.............

That’s right! I didn’t even think about that but my hot water comes out a little cloudy. I always cook with cold water and heat it up because of this.

There is some merit to @robrandalgz thinking.

The engineer in me would love to note that gases - oxygen, nitrogen, methane, serial killer gas - are more soluble in cold water than hot water. But that would lead to an observation that the gases have their effect only when they come out of solution, and I wouldn’t want to see that.

All I know is that there's a lot of people with lotion in a basket around here.............

So take on bunkers? I have two, firm plans for a third. Might have bought that ICBM silo if the price was right but feel it’s likely still on a targeted first strike list so likely wouldn’t.

Serial killer or someone that prepares for the worst?

I use hot water in the Waterpik and cold water when brushing.

So take on bunkers? I have two, firm plans for a third. Might have bought that ICBM silo if the price was right but feel it’s likely still on a targeted first strike list so likely wouldn’t.

I'd say completely normal person who is well prepared.

But then again I m a serial killer I guess :)

Both?🤷‍♂️

@JPendleton what is correct hot or cold water?

Hey if that dudes an actual dentist, we don’t need a damn professional opinion.

It’s alresdy been determined. You either are normal and use cold.

Hybrid and you’ve killed, but less than 3.

Or you’re a serial killer and use hot.

What else is there to discuss?

Other maybe then the guy that brushes and pees in the shower, but that just-ummm-ok? I won’t share a room at a THP event (and I have very low standards), but that’s about it.

Ahh screw it I still would but I’m getting shower time first.

I use water... sometimes bourbon; temp not particularly relevant

I use water... sometimes bourbon; temp not particularly relevant
And the alcohol in the bourbon will help sanitize your mouth.

Am I the odd one out here? I don't use water. Before or after. Brush, spit, (face mask), bed.
1614538712001.png

But you gotta rinse...right?

Yes. However, most of the conversation in this thread people were talking about before they brush. Probably because the poll question was "To brush my teeth" not "After I brush my teeth".

Last edited:
Yeah. You are lol

How do you get the toothpaste residue out of your mouth?
Most toothpastes today have ingredients to promote gum health, prevent plaque, mouthwash, and so on. So to get the maximum effect, the answer is you shouldn't.

Yeah. You are lol

How do you get the toothpaste residue out of your mouth?
The more I post to this thread, the weirder I feel...

I don't rinse; just spit. Most toothpastes recommend not rinsing to get the most benefit for gum and teeth health. Something something science, something.

The more I post to this thread, the weirder I feel...

I don't rinse; just spit. Most toothpastes recommend not rinsing to get the most benefit for gum and teeth health. Something something science, something.
It is getting a bit weird, isn't it?

I got to thinking, and I’m betting that you warm water users also have your toilet paper going over the back too.

I got to thinking, and I’m betting that you warm water users also have your toilet paper going over the back too.

Now of we wanna talk about toilet paper I have another couple of topics to divide people. Don't think JB and GolferGal would appreciate THP turning into potty talk🤣

:eek: I had no idea people used Hot water... what is wrong with you???? Clearly now I need to ask all my golfing partners and refuse to play with 20% of them!

Just be sure to rinse with warm orange juice afterwards...

Back